Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
“Rights aren’t rights if they can be taken away” - George Carlin

Republicans have shown they have no issue getting rid of rights or precedent to remain in power. The democrats should take note. And the ironic part is, if democrats started dismantling institutions, it would be for a more fair and equitable union. The old system has given us minority rule. Democrats proposition for “dismantling” institutions would result in majority rule and every vote truly mattering. How much more fucking fair can you get than that?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
“Rights aren’t rights if they can be taken away” - George Carlin

Republicans have shown they have no issue getting rid of rights or precedent to remain in power. The democrats should take note. And the ironic part is, if democrats started dismantling institutions, it would be for a more fair and equitable union. The old system has given us minority rule. Democrats proposition for “dismantling” institutions would result in majority rule and every vote truly mattering. How much more fucking fair can you get than that?
They could start by making DC and Puerto Rico states. That would give around 4 million citizens the representation in Congress that they deserve.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think we need to change the “climate change denier” label. It’s becoming a little dated like defund the police that just blocks any further discussion once it's hurled. I don’t think Republicans are still wholesale denying it. They just don’t care. You could point to all the climate change legislation they are blocking but that’s ignoring that they are blocking literally everything. They’ve also shifted the narrative to “doesn’t matter what we are doing because [insert country here] isn’t doing their part.”

I have no idea where we currently our on the climate change doomsday clock, but it seems to me we are going to be working more in reactive mode than proactive, constantly putting out fires literally and figuratively.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I think we need to change the “climate change denier” label. It’s becoming a little dated like defund the police that just blocks any further discussion once it's hurled. I don’t think Republicans are still wholesale denying it.

They're still denying it, though from what I've seen, they're now framing it as the "global warming cult," another part of "blue-anon."

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
cuz, why not

b156e8dfec667f9b509bd99ae40541e3.jpg

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Just in time for their next celebrity-influenced meal: The Trump combo. $15 for two Big Macs and a large Diet Coke. You actually get an empty paper sack, and they’ll sue you if you take the sack.
Ah, but do you have to call it Big Mac or is hamburder still allowed?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
A GOP candidate for Congress in Florida might have skipped English class…

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1552008907454914561/

I believe the first word in the Constitution is ”we” 🤦‍♀️

From McSweeney's

And not only did Kamala use pronouns—she did something even crazier in that video, which made me want to impale myself with a Hobby Lobby yarn needle: she announced she was wearing a blue suit. WTF? Why are those words coming out of her mouth? Won’t anyone save us from this hellscape? Won’t anyone arrest this woman for being a clear and present danger to our Christian nation? Won’t anyone consider, even for one moment, how including a clothing description in your opening remarks might be a nice thing to do for visually impaired people? Not me, that’s for sure.

This know-nothing Rethugican will have her clock cleaned by Frederica Wilson. This stunt is an obvious money grab probably for some future state or city office.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Are there con-nouns?
I don’t know. I read through this woman’s Twitter feed and it’s clear she isn’t the sharpest tack in the drawer. It’s just mindless repetition of right-wing talking points, hoping some of them will get a lot of engagement. Much like Trump at dinner time, she is chucking stuff at the wall to see what sticks.

Top Bottom
1 2