The Trump Indictment Thread

Can a Governor pardon federal crimes?

No, but he faces state charges too, in Georgia and possibly later on other states like Arizona and Wisconsin. If he wins, he'll end the federal investigations and charges. And if a republican governor is in charge, they'll most certainly pardon his state crimes, regardless of if he wins or loses the election.

However, if he loses, he'll certainly not escape everything.

Steve Bannon is going to be ramping up the rhetoric in his three and half weeks before hitting the pokey.

Protective custody for this scuzzy slime ball. I wish him the same safety and protection he wishes for our democracy. 👍🏼

Four months ain’t a long stretch, but it’s something.

Steve Bannon is going to be ramping up the rhetoric in his three and half weeks before hitting the pokey.

Protective custody for this scuzzy slime ball. I wish him the same safety and protection he wishes for our democracy. 👍🏼

Four months ain’t a long stretch, but it’s something.

I cant believe it has ten this long to get him in jail no other person would have had that much time. well trump would have of course.

I wonder if she’s qualified to make that assessment.
Appointing a special counsel is the duty of the AG when there is any perception of impropriety, it just levels the playing field for everyone. Additionally, Jack has went after Democrats with the exact same fervor.

Maybe a question for @Cmaier but is she able to overturn that decision without any oversight or consequences? Seems like a lot of power to wield unchecked.

Appointing a special counsel is the duty of the AG when there is any perception of impropriety, it just levels the playing field for everyone. Additionally, Jack has went after Democrats with the exact same fervor.

Maybe a question for @Cmaier but is she able to overturn that decision without any oversight or consequences? Seems like a lot of power to wield unchecked.
She can rule that the appointment is unconstitutional, in which case the 11th circuit will overturn, and the supreme court will affirm the 11th circuit, which would then sanction her for such a frivolously incorrect decision. I don’t even think the rogues gallery of former trump lawyers believes the AG can’t appoint a special counsel, so long as the special counsel retains ultimate decision-making authority, which is the case here.

She can rule that the appointment is unconstitutional, in which case the 11th circuit will overturn, and the supreme court will affirm the 11th circuit, which would then sanction her for such a frivolously incorrect decision. I don’t even think the rogues gallery of former trump lawyers believes the AG can’t appoint a special counsel, so long as the special counsel retains ultimate decision-making authority, which is the case here.

So why do you think it will be overturned? Do you not agree that US Attorney's must be confirmed by the Senate?

I heard Biden interviewed a couple of weeks ago on Howard Stern. Interview lasted a long time - maybe an hour? He told delightful stories about his life, his family, and how he met his wives. He was clearly in complete control of his faculties. The guy stutters, and struggles to talk sometimes. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t sharp as a tack.

We don’t necessarily know how well he performs in such interview if it was prerecorded and edited. There are sadly many examples of selective editing in our media. (And remarkably the White House has been found to make edits to Biden’s words in official transcripts and without annotation that).

What’s ultimately the revealing telling that something is wrong is fact Biden has been sheltered behind his staff, being the POTUS to have the least interaction with the public and by far have the most “vacation” days (including Trump). He has done the fewest interviews since Regan. He’ll do a sit down with a favorable host occasionally after journalists start to complain. In his press conferences almost Everything is scripted down to the Q/A selection- if that is even offered. He has been photographed holding notes with basic instructions. Numerous times aids have physically prevented the President from answering questions.

It was only February when the left journalists were subtly recognizing Biden’s performance was problematic and an election liability. Or not so subtly in the case of Ezra Klein. But once again after another concerning report (Time Magazine), the aggressive gaslighting has renewed.

What matters is how the public perceives him- and that’s not good. If Biden was as vital and capable as his surrogates claim he is, why is that not coming across for so many, including many democrats? Why wouldn’t they push to demonstrate his capabilities at every moment rather than preach about it… like how staff can’t “keep up with his energy” (-KJP)?

BREAKING NEWS: A Republican investigation determined that every lawyer on the prosecution side in every trial is hellbent on trying to prove Trump is guilty of something which is blatant unfair bias! Fully exonerated!

I was thinking about the sentencing. The offense was basically against all Americans. He should be ordered to pay every person in America one dollar for each count.

The payment of hush money is not illegal in itself, it was how it was reported for taxes. The forms were submitted after Nov 5, 2016, so voters wouldn’t have known about it had the payment been made/reported correctly. (That raises the question of would NY prosecutors declared any payment form as illegal).

Because you say this affected all Americans, are you suggesting this should have been a federal crime? DOJ, FEC, IRS declined to prosecute. It’s hard to say NY voters were defrauded considering Trump lost the state by a huge margin. He paid taxes on the money, actually double. It’s not like people didn’t know the kind of person Trump was when it came to women.

This is just a legally awkward and convoluted case to me and the degree the laws had to be stretched to make the crime fit doesn’t inspire confidence.

And is now a convicted criminal with 34 felonies under his belt...so far. And very likely with more to come.

I’m annoyed with the predicable thrust from the left calling Trump a convicted felon… as if most of us had not recognized Trump’s moral shortcomings. Idk how he literally defrauded people with his charity and TrumpU and never received criminal charges.

He’s the same dirtbag he’s always been. His supporters either refuse to acknowledge that or don’t care. I’m not sure why having a felony on his record would change people’s mind. Most people’s mind seems to be made up here.

Dems should be cognizant about the way they talk about “felons”. 33% of Black adult men in our country have at least one felony. The black community is critical to the party.

I’m annoyed with the predicable thrust from the left calling Trump a convicted felon… as if most of us had not recognized Trump’s moral shortcomings.

Disagree, it doesn't annoy me in the slightest... it's an assessment of who he really is, now bolstered officially with a criminal record. I think it's wonderful, and am especially looking forward to more convictions in the future..

I’m annoyed with the predicable thrust from the left calling Trump a convicted felon… as if most of us had not recognized Trump’s moral shortcomings.

That's an odd thing to be annoyed about. Personally I'm glad it's finally on the official record. Not for you and I or anyone else here. But for those who live their lives without the news and politicians and stuff like that. It's for those barely paying attention that they now know that there was something to it.

He’s the same dirtbag he’s always been. His supporters either refuse to acknowledge that or don’t care. I’m not sure why having a felony on his record would change people’s mind. Most people’s mind seems to be made up here.

His supporters aren't going to have their minds changed. But for those closer to the center, this could make a difference. Time will tell.

The payment of hush money is not illegal in itself, it was how it was reported for taxes. The forms were submitted after Nov 5, 2016, so voters wouldn’t have known about it had the payment been made/reported correctly. (That raises the question of would NY prosecutors declared any payment form as illegal).

Because you say this affected all Americans, are you suggesting this should have been a federal crime? DOJ, FEC, IRS declined to prosecute. It’s hard to say NY voters were defrauded considering Trump lost the state by a huge margin. He paid taxes on the money, actually double. It’s not like people didn’t know the kind of person Trump was when it came to women.

This is just a legally awkward and convoluted case to me and the degree the laws had to be stretched to make the crime fit doesn’t inspire confidence.

I’m annoyed with the predicable thrust from the left calling Trump a convicted felon… as if most of us had not recognized Trump’s moral shortcomings. Idk how he literally defrauded people with his charity and TrumpU and never received criminal charges.

Dems should be cognizant about the way they talk about “felons”. 33% of Black adult men in our country have at least one felony. The black community is critical to the party.
The point is that the scheme was hatched solely to keep the voters from hearing about Stormy Daniels before the election and that records were falsified to hide the payment. There's a strong argument that the election, not just in NY, would have gone the other way had the story come out after the Access Hollywood tape. The American people deserve to know about this and the other cases against Trump before November 2024, but unfortunately that won't happen.

Back