The Trump Indictment Thread

Biden is correct to not engage in gossip about Trump’s case. As a democrat, I reject Biden acting in such a way to Trump, with all-caps rants, name-calling, compulsive lying and total conspiratorial lunatic-ranting. Trump has no morals and is indeed cheered for acting like Biff Tannen. I want that when I watch WWE; I do not expect it from a president.
Has Biden said anything about the "Biden family corruption" nonsense that Fox News and others are spreading? How about the accusation that Biden directed Trump's indictment? Has Biden made any statements denying these accusations? To say nothing in his defense probably confirms to the MAGA crowd that the accusations against him have merit.

I'm pleased to hear Judge Cannon has ordered all attorneys to have started the security clearance process with the DOJ by next Tuesday in order to get the ball rolling.

I'm cautiously optimistic she'll rise to the occasion moving other aspects of the trial along, and not tolerate any frivolous delay requests by defense attorneys. Apparently not having much criminal trial experience, I would think this is her chance to shine and make a name for herself.

this is typical trump. pay (well who knows) lawyers then not take their advice.

Trump Ignored Lawyers Trying To Get Him Out Of Classified Documents Mess: Report​

He's his own worst enemy with this stuff. Every attorney he talks to becomes and accomplice which is why he can't get any of them to come near him now. He better hope his judge and a friendly jury are there for him because he has very little to lean on right now.

He's his own worst enemy with this stuff. Every attorney he talks to becomes and accomplice which is why he can't get any of them to come near him now. He better hope his judge and a friendly jury are there for him because he has very little to lean on right now.
exactly and then he admits to what he is getting prosecuted for. the guy is just all mouth no brains. I guess thats how stable Genius works.

exactly and then he admits to what he is getting prosecuted for. the guy is just all mouth no brains. I guess thats how stable Genius works.

I was listening to the news on NPR this morning and it was revealed that trump's conservative/republican polling is much higher now due to recently being indicted (and pretty much publicly admitting guilt).

The Party of Law and Order rises in defense of their master. Maybe "stable genius" applies in that aspect? :(

I was listening to the news on NPR this morning and it was revealed that trump's conservative/republican polling is much higher now due to recently being indicted (and pretty much publicly admitting guilt).

The Party of Law and Order rises in defense of their master. Maybe "stable genius" applies in that aspect? :(
Couple that with the fact that recent polling shows Biden with a mere 4 point lead and we should all be a little freaked out right now.

Couple that with the fact that recent polling shows Biden with a mere 4 point lead and we should all be a little freaked out right now.
I don’t put too much stock in polls, especially this far in advance. (Clinton was a sure thing until she lost.) But if Trump is nominated, the Democrats will have to take the gloves off. I don’t think Trump will agree to debate, but if he does, I can’t imagine Biden saying what he’ll need to say - it’s just not in him.

And if there are no debates, the Democratic nominee will have to emphasize more than just what Biden has accomplished. I usually don’t like negative campaign ads, but this may be an exception.

As I’ve said before, I’d much prefer a candidate younger than Biden who can hold his own with Trump in the trenches, though I’m afraid that won’t happen.

As I’ve said before, I’d much prefer a candidate younger than Biden who can hold his own with Trump in the trenches, though I’m afraid that won’t happen.

Could be Newsom. He's quick on his feet, intelligent, experienced, and can deftly tear into trump when needed.

Not sure about optics though. I think for many he projects a "be sure to count your fingers after you shake hands with Newsom" vibe.

Interesting strategy. Seems like Jack Smith is thinking ahead about issues that could slow down the process.

Has Biden said anything about the "Biden family corruption" nonsense that Fox News and others are spreading? How about the accusation that Biden directed Trump's indictment? Has Biden made any statements denying these accusations? To say nothing in his defense probably confirms to the MAGA crowd that the accusations against him have merit.

Anything he says will just be contorted by the right as “evidence”. When you don’t base your arguments on logic or reality, everything is turned into ammunition. By giving them nothing, he doesn’t play into it. I’m sure he’ll mention something at some point, but in the meantime, anything he says will be met with conspiracy.

I'm pleased to hear Judge Cannon has ordered all attorneys to have started the security clearance process with the DOJ by next Tuesday in order to get the ball rolling.

I'm cautiously optimistic she'll rise to the occasion moving other aspects of the trial along, and not tolerate any frivolous delay requests by defense attorneys. Apparently not having much criminal trial experience, I would think this is her chance to shine and make a name for herself.
Her goal should be NOT to make a name for herself. If you’re not a lawyer and you remember the name of a judge, chances are the judge screwed up. Lance Ito was a NY Times crossword answer the other day. Judges don’t want to be remembered for specific cases.

Her goal should be NOT to make a name for herself.

Yeah, that was a poor choice of words - not meaning she would be seeking fame or notoriety. Rather, what I meant was she'd be viewed as a fair and impartial judge. It appears right now many feel she might not be, being a trump appointee.

Trump’s TV confessions pave path to prison: Jack Smith sends Trump his own interviews in new filing​

Jack Smith...
4KgN.gif

Thanks @Eric for turning me on to Ari Melber. I've never listened to him but like him. Not overly dramatic, just straight forward and easy to understand and follow.

Back