COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm glad I'll have PT in the morning and the vaccine in the afternoon! Hopefully I'll be fine on day 2 since I have a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment. Two more days. Woot woot!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So...upper arm is sore to move today, but other than that it’s status quo.
Same here, keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way but it's almost like the first shot where I'm feeling really mild (barely) symptoms, at least so far. The day of the shot (both times) there's no pain in my arm but later that night it kicks in and then it was sore for about two days. But now it's done, woohoo!

Now they're saying the CDC did a study that showed a single dose of Pfizer or Moderna is 80% effective in preventing coronavirus infections, so getting them both makes it feel that much safer.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Turns out keeping my fingers crossed wasn't enough. I spent most of the day with a fever of around 100 with chills and body aches and felt terrible, finally I ended up taking some Tylenol before bed for a little relief but I'm feeling a little better this morning other than the lingering headache. They weren't kidding about the second dose, at least in my case. My mom got both doses of Pfizer without any issues but I suspect that's because she's older.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Turns out keeping my fingers crossed wasn't enough. I spent most of the day with a fever of around 100 with chills and body aches and felt terrible, finally I ended up taking some Tylenol before bed for a little relief but I'm feeling a little better this morning other than the lingering headache. They weren't kidding about the second dose, at least in my case. My mom got both doses of Pfizer without any issues but I suspect that's because she's older.
It's really interesting to see so many reports of both extremes with the second dose. Some get their butt's kicked with the second dose and others have little to no issues.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's really interesting to see so many reports of both extremes with the second dose. Some get their butt's kicked with the second dose and others have little to no issues.
I was hoping it would be mitigated to some degree because I had side effects from the first dose but that just wasn't the case. Still, in the end it's no big deal and worth it for the payoff.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
My arm was more sore yesterday (day after), and today it still hurts to raise it too high.

I also slept a lot yesterday. Honestly, I can’t tell if that’s because of the shot or just my cat-like nature.

I am having a lot of fun batting the draw cord from the blinds, however.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My arm was more sore yesterday (day after), and today it still hurts to raise it too high.

I also slept a lot yesterday. Honestly, I can’t tell if that’s because of the shot or just my cat-like nature.

I am having a lot of fun batting the draw cord from the blinds, however.
Same here. Today I can raise my arm over my head without much trouble but showering yesterday was a challenge to say the least lol. Also, the fatigue has been strong, it was all I could do to keep my eyes open yesterday and I'm still in a bit of a fog today but it's definitely a lot better.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Got my second vaccination today. Once again, they were very friendly and efficient.

Like last time, they gave everyone a timer to hold, set at 15 min., and had us sit and wait.

For fun, about 5 minutes after sitting, start screaming "OMG BUGS, BUGS ALL OVER ME!!" and run out.

U

User.45

And the gender gap seems hilarious too. I too had increased pain in my arm. I generally don't care where shots go I extend the arm closest to the vaccinator. Now, for the second dose I made sure it went in the left arm... The muscle pain does go up over days. I also slept for like 2 more days after dose 2. My wife? Felt a little tired the same night, otherwise, nothing.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@P_X Is there any reason to get the 2nd shot in the same arm? Our first was in the left (our non-dominant hand), figured we'd do that same for #2[?]

U

User.45

@P_X Is there any reason to get the 2nd shot in the same arm? Our first was in the left (our non-dominant hand), figured we'd do that same for #2[?]
Shouldn't make a difference from an efficacy stand point.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I asked that exact question and they said it didn't matter. I sleep on my left side so I got it in the right arm both times.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have lymphedema in the right arm, so I always get everything (jabs, blood pressure, etc.) in the left. Since I’m currently in therapy for my shoulders, it should be quite interesting to see how it goes.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
UCLA finally cleared me to get my vaccine. I'm scheduled for Thursday morning. No clue which version they will be offering. Just glad the time has arrived where I can finally have one.
Southern CA then? I also heard Bakersfield has a ton of extras right now because there are a bunch of Republicans out there who are refusing it. I had another friend find a bunch of openings in Modesto for the same reason.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Southern CA then? I also heard Bakersfield has a ton of extras right now because there are a bunch of Republicans out there who are refusing it. I had another friend find a bunch of openings in Modesto for the same reason.
Yes, SoCal. I had to wait 90 days to have a vaccine. I was given monoclonal antibodies when I contracted Covid in January.
As far as extra vaccines being avail, it wouldn't surprise me. I recently heard the Dodger stadium vaccine venue has been virtually empty. Normally it's packed & over 6 lanes deep.

Most people I know (of all ages) have already received their 1st vaccine. The Biden administration has done a great job making it available.

Top Bottom
1 2