The "Wordle" thread

Grmpf. Had all five letters identified after the third word (back on easy) and confidently entered the obviously correct word as the fourth. Fail.

My fourth and fifth words accurately represent my solving experience today. :mrgreen:

Wordle 237 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟨🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Getting redirected to the game @ nytimes.com now. Seems like they managed to migrate the stats, but I had to turn off content blockers to get to the statistics/sharing and settings…

1644590418638.jpeg

Getting redirected to the game @ nytimes.com now. Seems like they managed to migrate the stats, but I had to turn off content blockers to get to the statistics/sharing and settings…

The old domain is still up and running too:

Unless you're getting redirected from that?

Oh yeah, and my results from this morning:

Wordle 237 4/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yeah, getting redirected from that.

Oh yeah, it redirects on MacOS Safari, but not Chrome, and redirects on both on my iPhone and iPad.

Oh, maybe it's an existing account (i.e., cookie) with X number of plays, since opening it in a Chrome Incognito window also redirects.

Oh yeah, it redirects on MacOS Safari, but not Chrome, and redirects on both on my iPhone and iPad.

Oh, maybe it's an existing account (i.e., cookie) with X number of plays, since opening it in a Chrome Incognito window also redirects.
VIP warthog ➑️ Priority transfer. Just sayin’

I have a tab in Safari on iOS for Wordle that I haven't reloaded or navigated away from, so it appears I'm still on the original site. I wonder if it will ever refresh itself and forward to NYT.

Thought I had sent this earlier, but apparently I didn't.

Huh, didn't seem to redirect for me, I was at the original UK site.....

And I bombed out. So close and yet so far from the answer!

Wordle 237 X/6

⬜🟦⬜⬜🟦
⬜🟦⬜⬜⬜
🟦🟦🟦🟦⬜
🟦🟦🟦🟦⬜
🟦🟦🟦⬜⬜
🟦🟦🟦🟧🟦

I wonder how long I’ll keep doing this. What’s the 238 mean in the score below?

Wordle 238 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Ugh didn't get the last one. The first one I didn't get. And this one took 4.

Spoiler: Two "UL" words in a row, really?

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a toughie! I wrestled with various combinations, wasted a line or two just trying to pull up another clue letter and then suddenly at the last line it hit me, I took a chance and voila!
Wordle 238 6/6

🟦⬜⬜⬜🟦
⬜🟧⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟧🟦🟧⬜
⬜🟧⬜🟦🟦
⬜🟧🟦🟧⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Ugh didn't get the last one. The first one I didn't get. And this one took 4.

Spoiler: Two "UL" words in a row, really?
Check out the thread linked below and find out how you can make spoilers as purdy and non-spoiling as my edit of the quote.

That was kind of a wild guess. I thought there’s no way that’s what it is. But that’s what it was!
Wordle 238 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Agreed. I felt this word was too informal and probably the worst solution so far.

Back