The "Wordle" thread

Thanks, @DT. I NEVER would have gotten the alternate and would have been slightly upset about it being a word I wasn't at all familiar with.

Related: I listened to a podcast with the creator of Wordle, and he said he started with a full list of 15,000 5-letter English words and created a "game" for a bored friend where a word would display and she would say whether or not she'd ever heard of that word before. After some final finessing, he ended up with a list of 2,500 words for the game to choose from.

How are you guys still accessing the original site? I’m always redirected.
I had a tab in iOS safari that was dedicated to Wordle. I never left the site or refreshed or anything, and because of the way the game/webpage was coded, it never reloaded to launch a new game. I only got pushed over to the NYT site when I manually refreshed the website. As such, I'll never be able to access the original game again, I'm pretty sure.

Yes, I was automatically redirected to the NYT site yesterday and again today because I had the bookmark set for the original UK site.

So far there has been only one word which I didn't recognize when it was shown to be the winning one, and I did a quick google to get the definition.

I’m on a roll with barely getting it.

Wordle 242 6/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

3rd guess was the check for the 5th vowel option, and whether it was a combo. :D

Wordle 242 5/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩⬛⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

How are you guys still accessing the original site? I’m always redirected.
I downloaded the Wordle page as a webarchive file. Lmk if you want it.

You can also play previous words here:

Today's was easy!!! My new strategy -- working with different "starter" words now -- is paying off nicely.

Wordle 243 4/6

🟦⬜⬜🟦⬜
⬜🟧⬜🟦⬜
🟧🟧🟧⬜🟧
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Looks like I’m not the only one that had this problem LOL. I came very close on the last try though.
Wordle 243 X/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩

Don’t laugh at my third guess 😭
If you hadn’t mentioned it I would just have assumed that it was intentional in order to conveniently eliminate some extra letters.

Now that you did mention it, however:

1645202312104.jpeg

I mean I did end up eliminating some important letters with that guess, but I have a strict policy of never abandoning a green letter, no matter what. That's just my personal strategy.

Back