Trump Assassination Attempt

I think Trump is a lot of things but not this, not only did he take a shot but one rally member is dead and another is injured. Lots to unpack here yet, still early in the investigation.

Thoughts go out to the rally member's family, nobody deserves this just because they support a specific candidate we may not agree with. :(

Although I wouldn't put it past Trump to stage something like this, it's hard to imagine anyone would agree to play the role of the shooter.

I hope Biden issues a statement condemning this action, or better yet, reads one live. Of course, the right thing to do would be for Trump to do the same, but he won't — he'll use it. I can just see a MAGA nut trying the same to with Biden or Harris.

Although I wouldn't put it past Trump to stage something like this, it's hard to imagine anyone would agree to play the role of the shooter.

I hope Biden issues a statement condemning this action, or better yet, reads one live. Of course, the right thing to do would be for Trump to do the same, but he won't — he'll use it. I can just see a MAGA nut trying the same to with Biden or Harris.
yes, he will blame Biden for this this is going to hurt so bad. We know for sure is trump will only be mad that person did not vote for him.

Biden needs to speak to the country ASAP with a full throated condemnation.

Secret Service is reporting the shooter was 200 to 300 yards away on top of a building.

trump was incredibly lucky.

Secret Service is reporting the shooter was 200 to 300 yards away on top of a building.

I saw a clip that looked like someone was on a roof. But 200 to 300 yards is not that far for even a moderate shooter with a scope.

So how did the SS not notice someone on a roof?

trump was incredibly lucky.

Yes. From watching the video, it looks like he turns his head to the right to look at a screen with some data on it when the shots are fired. If he had been facing straight ahead, we may have a different end result.

I saw a clip that looked like someone was on a roof. But 200 to 300 yards is not that far for even a moderate shooter with a scope.

So how did the SS not notice someone on a roof?

Yes. From watching the video, it looks like he turns his head to the right to look at a screen with some data on it when the shots are fired. If he had been facing straight ahead, we may have a different end result.

They (the news) are now saying 300 yards (three football fields) away. Guessing the Secret Service thought that was outside of a reasonable perimeter and didn't clear the building?

my wife’s family is from Butler, PA, and i’ve been there many many times. Definitely Trump country.

Now, we will see how this affects those engaging in hateful and violent rhetoric without a secret service detail around them. The talk of violence just because your favorite WWF villain doesn’t get his way has to stop.

Is the answer more guns at rallies?

That crossed my mind as well.

That could backfire. This really is an unprecedented presidential race, for almost all of the wrong reasons.

Two adult men would hold a summit, shake hands, condemn violence, commit to the results and say “Let the best man win”. Seems easy, people in sports do it all the time everyday, yet not two guys aiming to be leader of the free world. And only one guy is to blame, really.

Wow, they do almost come in threes - Dr. Ruth, Richard Simmons and damn near Trump.

Back