Trump Assassination Attempt

Screenshot 2024-07-13 at 8.04.24 PM.png

Grift underway in.. 3, 2.. I’m late already…

To be fair, it’s exactly Trump-like to find a way to profit as much off of this as quickly as used car salesman humanly possible.

This and the conspiracy theorists will never allow us to take this moment as it should be taken.

It could do a lot to calm the temperature, but I feel it will just be used as fuel for one side for god knows what.

Seriously. I don’t expect anyone to care what I say, but two people died and two more are in critical condition.

Some of the comments in this thread are disgusting. Be better.

Seriously. I don’t expect anyone to care what I say, but two people died and two more are in critical condition.

Point them out and let’s discuss them, and I’ll tell you why your candidate or people who support him are the last ones with room to talk. 👍🏼

You can read and make that judgement on your own.

But regardless how you feel about Trump, the innocent people didn’t deserve to die or be on the brink of it.

You can read and make that judgement on your own.

But regardless how you feel about Trump, the innocent people didn’t deserve to die or be on the brink of it.

Not seen a single post in here disagreeing with that.

I hate violence. You won’t see me partaking in any conservative-incited war to “take our country back”.

I myself have said on this forum many times republicans would start being victim to the violence they were fomenting. I myself am tired of it and longing for the days of boring debates, handshakes, and empty promises to unite for the good of the country and helping the person who wins.

There’s only one guy who’s actively tried to destroy that. He condones this nonsense when it’s not him, he’s got the biggest voice to turn this around and he refuses to do it. Maybe this will help? But I doubt it - I expect a doubling-down of the violent rhetoric.

Will you condemn that as swiftly as you condemn some unnamed meaningless posts on a message board?

@GermanSuplex We can fight about this later. You and I, while we disagree, have always been respectful towards each other.

Right now it is all too raw and I don't want to say something I will regret.

@GermanSuplex We can fight about this later. You and I, while we disagree, have always been respectful towards each other.

Right now it is all too raw and I don't want to say something I will regret.

You are aware that this is already being played for politics by the very people who supposedly represented those who died, right?

Having shown up on the list, this went into my spreadsheet. It qualifies as the 291st mass shooting this year. The 19th in the state of Pennsylvania. Given how July tends to progress, it will be buried so far up the list in a couple weeks that I will have to scroll to see it.

1579 people have experienced an unexpected bout of lead poisoning since New Years day (considerably fewer than last year), and 301 of them (not counting shooters) did not get to go home because of it.

This is the environment that the RW has fostered. Why the fuck should this particular incident be treated any differently than the other 290 before it? Individual-ONE has done his level best to earn this.

Information on the shooter. Apparently he was a 20-year-old from a suburb of Pittsburg, who registered his party affiliation as Republican. Also, it seems his father is a mental health therapist.

How does the Secret Service allow someone with an AK style rifle 300-400 yards, let alone a mile on a roof, from one of two people running for the highest office?

How does the Secret Service allow someone with an AK style rifle 300-400 yards, let alone a mile on a roof, from one of two people running for the highest office?
Sounds like it was a low rooftop and quite a ways out from the event itself.

A young registered republican who hadn’t yet voted in a presidential election.

We have to understand there are unstable people out there, and the easy access to guns and the disgusting rhetoric is like pouring fuel on the fire.

Going to be a long sludge to Election Day, and I don’t think things will be much better afterwards.

While I hate this happened, my heart isn’t bleeding when this guy has the freaking J6 “Choir” sing the anthem over the speakers. You don’t think that stuff fosters this behavior? It does.

The images of the abandoned rally are grim. People dying at political rallies now. Gross.

A young registered republican who hadn’t yet voted in a presidential election.

We have to understand there are unstable people out there, and the easy access to guns and the disgusting rhetoric is like pouring fuel on the fire.

Going to be a long sludge to Election Day, and I don’t think things will be much better afterwards.

While I hate this happened, my heart isn’t bleeding when this guy has the freaking J6 “Choir” sing the anthem over the speakers. You don’t think that stuff fosters this behavior? It does.

The images of the abandoned rally are grim. People dying at political rallies now. Gross.
A registered Republican who donated to a Democrat in 2021? I think they're still trying to source it but that's what we know so far.

I would hope we all can agree that political violence is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated. I've seen several assassinations and watched many protests that ended in injury, death, and destruction in my lifetime. Sadly, even though it will probably never be eradicated, politicians and other leaders are duty-bound to speak against violence.

But Trump and his supporters, including elected officials, have openly called for or praised it many times, and I'm afraid it will only get worse after this incident. The January 6 insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol and police were "patriots" and "great people," to use Trump's own words. He called for the Proud Boys to "stand by," and he let the mayhem continue for hours before calling for it to stop. The aphorism "you reap what you sow" applies.

I would hope we all can agree that political violence is abhorrent and shouldn't be tolerated. I've seen several assassinations and watched many protests that ended in injury, death, and destruction in my lifetime. Sadly, even though it will probably never be eradicated, politicians and other leaders are duty-bound to speak against violence.

But Trump and his supporters, including elected officials, have openly called for or praised it many times, and I'm afraid it will only get worse after this incident. The January 6 insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol and police were "patriots" and "great people," to use Trump's own words. He called for the Proud Boys to "stand by," and he let the mayhem continue for hours before calling for it to stop. The aphorism "you reap what you sow" applies.
Nancy Pelosi on the shooting.
‘I thank God that former President Trump is safe’

It's worth noting that the only statement Trump made about Paul Pelosi after he was attacked was to mock him. Had this been an attack on Biden, you can rest assured that Trump would've never came out against it, either. He's just a grade A asshole, being shot doesn't change that.

Back