Tucker Carlson’s Depiction of 1/6

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We came pretty close to witnessing a coup. 140 police officers were assaulted. So far, at least 1,000 insurrectionists have been arrested, with 518 pleading guilty. 420 have been adjudicated and found guilty.

Views haven't changed. Those seeking to trash the Constitution and overthrow the government are still out there, hiding beneath the surface, waiting for the next wannabe dictator, or 45 again, to throw some sunshine on them to re-surface. Consider January 6th a dry run for a future go at it. Stay vigilant.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
We came pretty close to witnessing a coup. 140 police officers were assaulted. So far, at least 1,000 insurrectionists have been arrested, with 518 pleading guilty. 420 have been adjudicated and found guilty.

Views haven't changed. Those seeking to trash the Constitution and overthrow the government are still out there, hiding beneath the surface, waiting for the next wannabe dictator, or 45 again, to throw some sunshine on them to re-surface. Consider January 6th a dry run for a future go at it. Stay vigilant.
Nah, just good ol' boys and "tourists" having a "tour". No deaths, no death threats, just good people.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Several Republican senators spoke out against Carlson’s pathetic attempt to recast the January 6 insurrection. And the more texts and emails from the Fox Gang come to light, the more clear it is that they’re a despicable bunch.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
And the more texts and emails from the Fox Gang come to light, the more clear it is that they’re a despicable bunch.
For sure. Yet they have a following that still believes what they put out. If you go to YouTube and hold your nose long enough to look at the comment section of the video with Carlson's spin on the Jan. 6 footage, there are many who are thanking him for showing the "truth." Someone once said it's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Several Republican senators spoke out against Carlson’s pathetic attempt to recast the January 6 insurrection. And the more texts and emails from the Fox Gang come to light, the more clear it is that they’re a despicable bunch.

I'd be interested in knowing if those senators have held that view going back to 1-6-21. Or, is speaking out against Carlson now an image rehabilitation attempt for upcoming elections.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
They are on record, with their own words on video saying they wanted to "hang Mike Pence". Man I want to try to have a fair conversation here but JFC, how can anyone be THIS blind to what's actually in front of their face?

Nah, just good ol' boys and "tourists" having a "tour". No deaths, no death threats, just good people.

Here is where I disagree. Even if things had gone much worse than they did, Pence and members of Congress killed, a full takeover of the Capitol Building, etc I do not think our Government would have fallen. There are too many layers of protection, too much bureaucracy and 50 State Governments as backup. Organized, heavily armed coup's in countries without near the protections we have fail all the time. I simply don't believe those on 1/6 had the ability to overthrow the Government of the United States. It is simply too big.

Now this is a different issue. And what needs to be investigated is why these people feel this way. What is the government doing that is creating this?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Here is where I disagree. Even if things had gone much worse than they did, Pence and members of Congress killed, a full takeover of the Capitol Building, etc I do not think our Government would have fallen. There are too many layers of protection, too much bureaucracy and 50 State Governments as backup. Organized, heavily armed coup's in countries without near the protections we have fail all the time. I simply don't believe those on 1/6 had the ability to overthrow the Government of the United States. It is simply too big.
What if they had gotten rid of Pence (for example killed, incapacitated, or evacuated and not allowed to return by complicit members of Secret Service), letting his duties instead be performed by someone going along with the plan of throwing out electoral votes for Biden to hand the presidency to Trump?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What if they had gotten rid of Pence (for example killed, incapacitated, or evacuated and not allowed to return by complicit members of Secret Service), letting his duties instead be performed by someone going along with the plan of throwing out electoral votes for Biden to hand the presidency to Trump?

The who is the question. Which one of those yahoos do you think could have done it? The "Shaman?

That is my point, there are too many layers. So let's just follow that Pence was killed and Trump appointed a replacement who might go along with it. That person has to be confirmed by both chambers of Congress which was not going to happen.

There are just too many protections built into the system.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Now this is a different issue. And what needs to be investigated is why these people feel this way. What is the government doing that is creating this?
A large fraction of the unrest is the result of pretty darn good astroturfing. Resentment against the federal government is driven by corporate forces that are doing their best to manipulate public opinion in favor of defanging the one large entity that has the power to rein in the corporations and sometimes uses it. It is a war, of sorts, and wars are never waged on behalf of wage-earners.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The who is the question. Which one of those yahoos do you think could have done it? The "Shaman?
Not really. Look at the situation where Ashli Babbitt was killed for example. A violent mob was forcing their way towards members of congress. Anything could have happened if they got to them. Same goes for Pence.

That is my point, there are too many layers. So let's just follow that Pence was killed and Trump appointed a replacement who might go along with it. That person has to be confirmed by both chambers of Congress which was not going to happen.

There are just too many protections built into the system.
Getting Pence evacuated and keeping him from returning would have been enough. The Senate would then have picked a president pro tempore to preside over the Senate in the absence of the vice president. Republicans had a majority in the Senate.

Maybe Chuck Grassley would have done the right thing, maybe not. But your “too many protections” were getting pushed to their limits.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

I said we came close... What if Pence decided to certify with the slates of fake fake electors? As an aside, it should NEVER have gotten as far as it did.

Investigated? Should we also investigate why thieves steal, corporate fraudsters defraud, bank robbers rob banks, murderers commit murder? Sure, that's fine for a sociologist, perhaps. But we do have a system of laws, along with rights under the Constitution, that for the most part work well.

I'm guessing for many it's they have no use for living in a democracy under a constitution where no one is above the law, where there's give and take, with fair and free elections, a presidential peaceful transfer of power, etc., and perhaps would rather live under an authoritative regime where survival of the strongest is honored.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's not the government, it's Fox News and other radical right-wing propaganda networks that kept pushing the lie that the election was stolen. These people feel this way because they are gullible, they don't expose themselves to alternate ideas and, at least some, are attracted to authoritarian strong men who they mistakenly think care about them.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not the government, it's Fox News and other radical right-wing propaganda networks that kept pushing the lie that the election was stolen. These people feel this way because they are gullible, they don't expose themselves to alternate ideas and, at least some, are attracted to authoritarian strong men who they mistakenly think care about them.

But even before Fox it was decades of AM radio and Reagan welcoming evangelicals into politics priming them.

I can only speak for myself, but as a lifetime big city liberal I didn't unilaterally look down on rural or red state people. I just thought we have different problems than each other and they enjoyed the simpler things in life. I had no idea their media was constantly bombarding them with information that I'm out to destroy them and America.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

At the same time we have spent the last 3 years being lied to by the Dems and the media over the origins of COVID. I was pretty much called the dumbest MF'er walking the planet when I would post a new article about it being lab created. I was just spewing RW MAGA talking points. Hmmmm......... How is that holding up?

And that was an issue where I haven't been able to connect the dots as to why the Dems and media cared one way or the other.

But this issue is one they had a reason to want things to be a certain way, to push a certain narrative. Sorry, I have lost faith in most of the media and that includes Fox. So why should we trust them over this? Sure, watch the video? Like I posted about Hawley, they had Congress people making fun of him for running, and did so in a Congressional Hearing and showed the video. But then you watch the entire tape that narrative just falls apart. It's Trump and feeding the fish all over again. That type of crap should piss everyone off.

I am not saying 1/6 wasn't bad. It was. Never should have happened, but I do not think we were in any danger of losing the country over it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Investigated? Should we also investigate why thieves steal, corporate fraudsters defraud, bank robbers rob banks, murderers commit murder? Sure, that's fine for a sociologist, perhaps. But we do have a system of laws, along with rights under the Constitution, that for the most part work well.

Laws are only as good as those who enforce them. Right now we have no border security at the southern border. Because the laws on the books are not being enforced. We have too many guns on the streets because laws on the books are not being enforced. But in the case of guns, let's write news laws preventing people from attaching grenade launchers to AR-15's. Say that out loud and you will realize how stupid it sounds. I would love someone to please post a link to the last grenade attack we had in this country.

I'm guessing for many it's they have no use for living in a democracy under a constitution where no one is above the law, where there's give and take, with fair and free elections, a presidential peaceful transfer of power, etc., and perhaps would rather live under an authoritative regime where survival of the strongest is honored.

Again, if we had enforcement of current laws, we might not be where we are. Riots are excused as mostly peaceful protests. Criminals assault people and are released with no bail and just go back out and do it again. And again. All in the name of compassion. Where the F is the compassion for those who are assaulted. Companies are closing stores in inner cities because of crime when the DA's look the other way. That is why people are pissed and it is manifesting itself in harmful ways.

We may very well lose our country, but it won't be over 1/6 or anything like that. It will be when the people get fed up enough and fight back. And it won't be just Kyle Rittenhouse showing up at a riot.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
At the same time we have spent the last 3 years being lied to by the Dems and the media over the origins of COVID. I was pretty much called the dumbest MF'er walking the planet when I would post a new article about it being lab created. I was just spewing RW MAGA talking points. Hmmmm......... How is that holding up?

its not converted its lab created as best it escaped the lab. you need to check your sources better.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

And that was an issue where I haven't been able to connect the dots as to why the Dems and media cared one way or the other.
You focus too much on “the Dems” and “media” caring one way or another. It is not about the conclusions, it is about whether or not they are supported by facts.

But this issue is one they had a reason to want things to be a certain way, to push a certain narrative. Sorry, I have lost faith in most of the media and that includes Fox. So why should we trust them over this? Sure, watch the video? Like I posted about Hawley, they had Congress people making fun of him for running, and did so in a Congressional Hearing and showed the video. But then you watch the entire tape that narrative just falls apart. It's Trump and feeding the fish all over again. That type of crap should piss everyone off.
Wasn’t the point that Hawley raised his fist in solidarity with the protestors earlier? Just running in isolation wasn’t a problem.

For someone talking about “watching the entire tape” you sure are happy to ignore context.

I am not saying 1/6 wasn't bad. It was. Never should have happened, but I do not think we were in any danger of losing the country over it.
What is “losing the country”? Where do you draw the line?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You focus too much on “the Dems” and “media” caring one way or another. It is not about the conclusions, it is about whether or not they are supported by facts.

Even now the DOE report gives Low to Moderate confidence in it being from a lab. So we don't really know and that is how it should be/have been reported.

Wasn’t the point that Hawley raised his fist in solidarity with the protestors earlier? Just running in isolation wasn’t a problem.

For someone talking about “watching the entire tape” you sure are happy to ignore context.

So? At that point they were just protesters.

What is “losing the country”? Where do you draw the line?

That is a good question. And one I really don't have an answer to. Some would say we lost it 20 years ago.

But in this context, I do not think there was any chance Trump was going to remain in office. None.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Even now the DOE report gives Low to Moderate confidence in it being from a lab. So we don't really know and that is how it should be/have been reported.
This you? 👇

So even now, way later, the DOE only came up with “low confidence” for a lab leak as origin for the covid-19 outbreak. From what I read the “moderate confidence” was FBI. Also for lab leak. Neither claimed lab created?

Ah, well, back to Tucker Carlson and the exclusive access to 1/6 videos: Clown show.

Ignoring the security concerns, it is absurdly problematic that this kind of access is provided exclusively to one private party. Even more absurd that it is provided to an entertainer rather than a news organization or journalist. Even more absurd when said entertainer has been caught knowingly promoting lies about the election, lies that led to the, ehm, “tourist visit” in question.

A question from this side of the pond: What’s wrong with you, USA?

Top Bottom
1 2