Tucker Carlson’s Depiction of 1/6

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just saw Tucker covered on the local news, who is always non-partisan. Sounds like he's really stepping into it painting a rosy picture, so much so that McConnell went out of his way to make a public statement refuting it along with many other sane Republicans.

You would think that with the hole voting machine debacle and scrutiny Fox News is under that they would be pushing back on this approach by Tucker.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This you? 👇

So even now, way later, the DOE only came up with “low confidence” for a lab leak as origin for the covid-19 outbreak. From what I read the “moderate confidence” was FBI. Also for lab leak. Neither claimed lab created?

So does Low or Moderate confidence make me the dumbest MF'er around and spewing RW MAGA talking points? To read some of the comments directed at me over this, you would have thought it was Red and I was saying it was Green.

Seems to me like we don't yet know for sure, so why were the Dems and media only pushing one side? What I do know is unless it is actually investigated, we won't know and one side didn't seem to want that.

Ah, well, back to Tucker Carlson and the exclusive access to 1/6 videos: Clown show.

Ignoring the security concerns, it is absurdly problematic that this kind of access is provided exclusively to one private party. Even more absurd that it is provided to an entertainer rather than a news organization or journalist. Even more absurd when said entertainer has been caught knowingly promoting lies about the election, lies that led to the, ehm, “tourist visit” in question.

A question from this side of the pond: What’s wrong with you, USA?

I agree. They should be released for all.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Laws are only as good as those who enforce them. Right now we have no border security at the southern border. Because the laws on the books are not being enforced. We have too many guns on the streets because laws on the books are not being enforced. But in the case of guns, let's write news laws preventing people from attaching grenade launchers to AR-15's. Say that out loud and you will realize how stupid it sounds. I would love someone to please post a link to the last grenade attack we had in this country.

Again, if we had enforcement of current laws, we might not be where we are. Riots are excused as mostly peaceful protests. Criminals assault people and are released with no bail and just go back out and do it again. And again. All in the name of compassion. Where the F is the compassion for those who are assaulted. Companies are closing stores in inner cities because of crime when the DA's look the other way. That is why people are pissed and it is manifesting itself in harmful ways.

We may very well lose our country, but it won't be over 1/6 or anything like that. It will be when the people get fed up enough and fight back. And it won't be just Kyle Rittenhouse showing up at a riot.

The above obfuscation is justification for the insurrection and attempted coup, where the Capitol was trashed, 140 police officers were assaulted, five people died, and where the VP *could* have overturned the election?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The above obfuscation is justification for the insurrection and attempted coup, where the Capitol was trashed, 140 police officers were assaulted, five people died, and where the VP *could* have overturned the election?

Please cite the law that actually gives the VP the power to overturn the election.

Because I can cite many that say he doesn't.

Given how many here think Trump can't open his mouth without lying, why pick this one time to think he is telling the truth?

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Please cite the law that actually gives the VP the power to overturn the election.

Given how many here think Trump can't open his mouth without lying, why pick this one time to think he is telling the truth?
Yes, most experts agree that Pence couldn’t do what Trump wanted, nobody is disputing that as far as I know.

But what we don’t know is what would have happened if that plan had been executed. Pretty sure things would have become messy. Really messy.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

because trump told him he could and expected it trumps idiot lawyers expected it. trump was told he could not do it but trump still told his idiot follower pence would save the day.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

It was potentially certifying the vote for trump with so-called false slates of electors. Whether that would have actually worked in the end is not the point, it's rather the intent or goal. Not long after that a law was passed clarifying the VP has only a ceremonial role.

But again, we were talking about people being unhappy with laws as justification for the insurrection and potential coup.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It was potentially certifying the vote for trump with so-called false slates of electors. Whether that would have actually worked in the end is not the point, it's rather the intent or goal. Not long after that a law was passed clarifying the VP has only a ceremonial role.

Yes it did. And sadly Trump used this as "proof" Pence could have done it. :(

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
So does Low or Moderate confidence make me the dumbest MF'er around and spewing RW MAGA talking points? To read some of the comments directed at me over this, you would have thought it was Red and I was saying it was Green.
Can’t really say without reading the article in question. Or, well, I am certain I wouldn’t call you the “dumbest MF’er around” even if you were. Not my style. But I would not be surprised if said article made unsubstantiated allegations or was an opinion piece by someone parroting certain political talking points. And I would probably point out if the content of the article didn’t match your representation of it.

Unless you are a time traveller, that recent DOE report is completely irrelevant in relation to your old article. It doesn’t reach the same conclusion and it likely makes use of information not available back then.

Seems to me like we don't yet know for sure, so why were the Dems and media only pushing one side? What I do know is unless it is actually investigated, we won't know and one side didn't seem to want that.
I agree that we don’t know for sure. It needs to be investigated. It has been investigated. It is continuing to be investigated. Maybe we’ll never know due to China’s obstruction.

The problem with things like your “lab created” article is that they likely fall into the “just asking questions” category rather than being related to anything resembling a real investigation. I get the impression that you consider “I’m just asking questions” à la Tucker Carlson to be investigating things, whereas the other camp cares about asking questions that are actually supported by evidence.

Is there a suitable thread for this?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I agree that we don’t know for sure. It needs to be investigated. It has been investigated. It is continuing to be investigated. Maybe we’ll never know due to China’s obstruction.

Today on the news it was reported that it's still unclear. IIRC, four intelligence agencies believe it was not a lab leak, the FBI and another agency (was it Dept of Energy?) believe if came from a lab, without stating if it was intentional or not.

I'm trying to find the story.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
At the same time we have spent the last 3 years being lied to by the Dems and the media over the origins of COVID...

I am not saying 1/6 wasn't bad. It was. Never should have happened, but I do not think we were in any danger of losing the country over it.
Are you equating a president intentionally lying about the validity of an election and inciting a violent attack on the government to block the peaceful transition of power to someone advancing a theory about the origin of Covid? No matter how it originated it still needed to be addressed. Exactly what did the "Dems and the media" lie about?

As for the second point, of course we were in danger of losing the country. If the rioters had killed the VP and many members of Congress and prevented the Electoral College certification, it would have been Trump's chance to declare martial law and remain in power, and remaining in power was the whole goal of the Big Lie from the very beginning.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Exactly what did the "Dems and the media" lie about?

Here is a story from the New Yorker, which will never be accused of being right wing:

There are plenty of examples of stories where elected Dems dismissed the lab leak theory as some RW conspiracy. And as usual, the media didn't do their job and question it.

I was unsure why it mattered to them as to whether it was natural or a lab leak, but this story provides a couple of possible reasons. First is because Trump said it. Not a valid reason when we are faced with a global pandemic, but whatever. The second is because Fauci said it. This is exactly the opposite from Trump. If Fauci said it, then it had to be true and to question him would undermine him and that was not acceptable given how he was already being attacked from the right.

I will give Biden credit for wanting the actual truth to come out.

As for the second point, of course we were in danger of losing the country. If the rioters had killed the VP and many members of Congress and prevented the Electoral College certification, it would have been Trump's chance to declare martial law and remain in power, and remaining in power was the whole goal of the Big Lie from the very beginning.

This is where we disagree. That only works if others in Government go along with it. I think the FBI would have rousted him out of the WH forthwith and kept him away until Biden took the Oath.

Last edited:

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
There are plenty of examples of stories where elected Dems dismissed the lab leak theory as some RW conspiracy. And as usual, the media didn't do their job and question it.
Sorry but I don't understand how this rises to the level of Trump's Big Lie about the election.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Comment I heard, Tucker as a commentator in 1942 “Sure, the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor, but what about all the bases they didn’t attack? Why is nobody talking about that? Because the Democrats don’t want you talking about it.” :ROFLMAO:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sorry but I don't understand how this rises to the level of Trump's Big Lie about the election.

We will just have to disagree on this. But the media covering for one side over the truth is a problem. A lack of trust in the media and the media not doing their job will doom us as a country far more than anything Trump says.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We will just have to disagree on this. But the media covering for one side over the truth is a problem. A lack of trust in the media and the media not doing their job will doom us as a country far more than anything Trump says.

I don't understand this "covering" over the "truth." Regarding the news sources I read and listen to (AP, Reuters, WaPo, NYT, PBS, NPR, BBC, etc) haven't covered this with an end-all-be-all point of view or conclusion as to the source of the virus. I've heard both/several possibilities. In the past and today.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Media's job is to make a profit. Guerss who put that lack of trust into peoples head????

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
For example, looking at the tape of Josh Hawley "running" out of the Capitol. If you only have only seen the clip released by the 1/6 Committee, it looks like he was the only one running. But in the full unedited tape, many Senators and staff are being ushered out, not just Hawley. In fact, he was the last one out, which is why they were able to clip it like they did. It certainly looks like a deceptive edit. Which is why it ALL should be released.
There was nothing deceptive about it. He was shown running not to imply that he was the only one but because he had earlier given a gesture of support to the mob. That he was then discovered running from them is what was relevant, not the number of people running before or after him.

Top Bottom
1 2