USA Election 2024

… the sinking feeling over the last few months that this is 2016 all over again. At least this time there can be no excuses …

My good friend voted for ShitGibbon (in a very blue state, so no biggie) presumably because he did not like Ms Clinton, and some while later told me he could not believe how much of a PoS the guy was in the WH. So, anyone who votes for ShitGibbon thinking he might not be all that bad has all this history to look back on. There will be no eh, maybe he will not be so bad type votes this time around.

My good friend voted for ShitGibbon (in a very blue state, so no biggie) presumably because he did not like Ms Clinton, and some while later told me he could not believe how much of a PoS the guy was in the WH. So, anyone who votes for ShitGibbon thinking he might not be all that bad has all this history to look back on. There will be no eh, maybe he will not be so bad type votes this time around.
True which is why I dearly hope the polls are wrong.

I hope THEY are the “silent majority” this time around.

I posted the vid a page back, but this was so golden - Less than a week after his geriatric playlist dance party, his mic went out for almost 20 minutes in Detroit - which he also insulted a week ago, while in Detroit.

You can see his rage.

And you don’t need to read the article, but Sam Brown - injured veteran running for senate in Nevada - is losing. Hopefully Nevadans can respect his service while rejecting his politics. He is someone I would expect to best understand the unique threat of Trump. Some would say he’s in a better position to support Trump given his sacrifice, but I respectfully disagree. I’m with Gen. Milley on this.

Mark Robinson is down. This guy is down. Kari Lake is struggling. They are spending big dollars on Texas and Missouri for Cruz and Hawley in tight races. Early voting is promising, even if more bipartisan this year (which is not a bad thing if everyone everywhere is comfortable voting early).

Fingers crossed 🤞

Last edited:
You were brave enough to share your first name. I cut that part out. But since you did, nice to meet you Mark! I'm Allison. Often known as Ally (not to be confused with our erudite resident @Alli lol).
I’m also actually Allison. Same spelling! But I’ve been Alli for so long even my mother calls me that. Only my husband calls me Allison.

Goodbye, notifications from The Hill. I’m getting notified of stories - one will read “Trump closing in on Harris”, then a few hours later “Harris Surging Among” insert a group here.

It may all be accurate, but shooting out news articles and journalist pieces with no focus is what I mean when I say at two weeks out, it’s time for voters to ignore polls and go vote.

It is always on display.

True, but I love when he goes full Neanderthal. Shoulders slumped, jaw jutted forward, brows lowered, nodding to himself as he says “this fine. I’m firing them all. This is fine. I hope my mob names them all on social media for inconveniencing me. The sound guy probably doesn’t have a family anyways. And if he does, they should have told him to do a better job. What if it’s a woman? Well, women love me. Absolutely love me. Doesn’t matter. They are depriving my sheep of my weaving, conceptual wisdom.”

I agree with the assessment that on the right it has become less about Trump and more about those who want to take advantage of his easily manipulated rotting husk to increase their own power and wealth. On that list I would include Elon Musk, Peter Thiel, Steven Miller, and the Heritage Foundation. It’s really not that complicated to join that group. Kiss his ass and give him a sizable donation. Most just can’t afford the sizable donation. One million would probably just get you on the waiting list.

Kamala Harris 60th birthday is tomorrow. If she can pull off a win and serve two terms, she’ll be younger than Trump was when he first assumed office when it’s all over. She’s at the high end of perfect age, essentially retirement age after two terms.

I hope she gets a great belated birthday gift.

Yesterday afternoon I went to my local branch of the large county library system, which has a meeting room that for part of last week and this next couple of weeks is set up as an extra polling place for voters in my precinct. Much more convenient than going to the actual precinct polling place on November 5th! I've been enjoying Early Voting ever since it was implemented a few years ago here. Many of the branch libraries in my county in Northern Virginia are being utilized this way during all elections now, which I think is great. I think neighboring jurisdictions are also using meeting room facilities in their public libraries in the same way, which really makes so much sense.

So first I returned the books which were due at the library, then went into the meeting room/temporary polling place and cast my vote. My timing was great, as I went about an hour and a half after they'd first started for the day, so that when I arrived, the first mad rush had just cleared out and it was surprisingly speedy to do my thing during the (undoubtedly brief) lull. Right now it's early days yet, but since this is a major election, a scarily serious one at that, there have been and certainly will continue to be long lines going from inside the building to all around the outside of the building. I stood in one of those lines four years ago.

I have to say, it's really cool to again see a woman's name listed on the ballot as the presidential candidate! :) The name of someone who is ready and willing to take on a new challenge in her life: one for which I think she is ready. Maybe back in 2016 we (or at least a surprising number of some citizens) just weren't quite ready for Hillary? That had disastrous results, as we all saw and experienced. Unfortunately, also many of us also were a little bit too confident about the anticipated outcome of that election. That really was a crushing blow realizing that Hillary was not going to be our first woman president. Subsequently we had to go through the awful experience of four years of The Orange Menace.

Things are different now, the mood of the country in many areas is somewhat different now. Also, more importantly, knowledge and experience and realization has significantly increased about the need to take specific precautions ahead of the election and in the time frame following it until the results are well and truly officially certified. I just hope that in the end, all of this is different enough that this time we WILL safely and securely and unequivocally have our first woman president moving into the White House, ready to take on her new responsibilities.

Smiling, I happily cast my votes (D all the way!) on the paper ballot, filling in the appropriate holes indicating my choices, and after that, under a poll worker's appropriate supervision and verbal guidance, inserted my ballot sheet into the machine which is designed for that purpose. My smile broadened into a frank and delighted grin when she handed me a sticker and I was able to proudly affix the "Presidential Election: I VOTED" sticker on my jacket. Then it was time to go back into the library proper to select some new reading matter for this next week or so.....

November 5th is going to be a nail-biter, that is for sure, but we also know to be cautious about what happens after that as well.

Last edited:
Back