USA Election 2024

No matter what they claim, there are very few people who are still truly undecided. So it's going to be about turnout, since a voter who said they'd support a candidate in a poll won't help the cause if they don't vote. Polls can work both ways: If someone thinks their candidate is comfortably ahead, they may sit it out, especially if circumstances make voting difficult. Conversely, a very tight race may encourage people to make the effort. I think it's best to not pay too much attention to polls and vote, which I just did.

Interesting take.

Screenshot 2024-10-19 at 4.36.58 PM.png

Typically a good sign for the Democrats but in this election who knows. Republicans will be there on election day.

Yes, but a republican who turns out early won’t turn out on Election Day, unless they plan to commit actual voter fraud to combat imagined voter fraud.

So I’ll take early voting numbers as a good sign no matter which party is voting, and hope the turnout continues up to and on Election Day.

Jealous of you early voters. We don't have that but, I confess, I've never waited in line longer than 30 minutes.

Lucky me, I don’t remember ever waiting in line at all. I walk in, go to an assigned table for my ballot, and fill it out. Usually 5-10 minutes for the whole process, the way it should be. My grandmother used to vote in the lobby of her apartment, they had a polling location just for the seniors there.

I’m amazed when I see people posting videos driving a half-hour or more to a polling place. I can walk to mine in ten minutes, and can vote early at the courthouse.

Musk paying people to "sign his petition that "encourages" Republicans in key battleground states to register to vote". Also apparently he's set up websites and flyers meant to look like they're coming from Harris campaign targeted towards different groups - i.e. sending out messages to people living in Muslim dominated areas will say how Kamala stands with Israel while people living in Jewish dominated areas will see things how Kamala stands with Palestinians against Israel, meant to look like they're coming from the Harris campaign.

Not a lawyer, but definitely seems like it's skirting election law, not that those seem to apply to people like him and definitely won't if Trump wins.

Musk paying people to "sign his petition that "encourages" Republicans in key battleground states to register to vote". Also apparently he's set up websites and flyers meant to look like they're coming from Harris campaign targeted towards different groups - i.e. sending out messages to people living in Muslim dominated areas will say how Kamala stands with Israel while people living in Jewish dominated areas will see things how Kamala stands with Palestinians against Israel, meant to look like they're coming from the Harris campaign.

Not a lawyer, but definitely seems like it's skirting election law, not that those seem to apply to people like him and definitely won't if Trump wins.
Musk is horrible. I agree he's probably staying just this side of the law, but his intent is clear. IMO he's a national security risk because of his role at SpaceX, which produces the most reliable launch vehicles. If Trump wins, I bet Musk will be appointed to some position in the administration.

So this just happened. And yes, I shit you not, while the kid was showing him how to do the fries, he asked if anyone saw his big crowd outside the Mickey D’s.

Now that he’s worked the fryer for five minutes, he can dismiss Harris’ work there, is what I’m gathering.

IMG_0672.jpeg

IMG_0678.jpeg

IMG_0682.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0680.png
    IMG_0680.png
    533.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back