What’s on TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Huntn
  • Anyone can edit the first post of this thread WikiPost WikiPost
  • Start date Start date
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
A new trailer for Russian Doll Season 2 !

A new trailer for Russian Doll Season 2 !

I seem to remember liking the first season, but it was so long ago that i can’t remember anything about it.

It was great again! And ++packed++ with inside bits, nods to MCU phase 4, different incarnations of the character (aka, "Mr. Knight")

Oh, and that QR code on the storage locker, it works :D
I wonder if some viewers actually hold off watching shows until they can consume them at their desired pace?

Hahaha, wow, Moon Knight EP4 took a turn o_O

Oscar Isaacs and Ethan Hawke are just crushing it on this show, they're so good (the whole cast is very solid).

Given where EP4 ended (*snicker*, "Hi!") and that there's only two episodes left ... I have no idea where this is going.

Hahaha, wow, Moon Knight EP4 took a turn o_O

Oscar Isaacs and Ethan Hawke are just crushing it on this show, they're so good (the whole cast is very solid).

Given where EP4 ended (*snicker*, "Hi!") and that there's only two episodes left ... I have no idea where this is going.
Giving me a very “Legend” vibe.

Second best thing on TV right now (after Better Call Saul).

Counterpoint: Better Things and Atlanta.

I’ll give you that Atlanta is arguably better than Moon Knight. Not better than Better Call Saul. Haven’t seen Better Things.

I’ll give you that Atlanta is arguably better than Moon Knight. Not better than Better Call Saul. Haven’t seen Better Things.
I’m frustrated because I dropped Netflix last month and picked up AMC+, part of which was to catch up with BCS. Turns out season 5 goes on Netflix and season 6, and only season 6 (no previous seasons) is now on AMC+. I haven’t seen season 5 so I’ll have to fucking get Netflix again for a month if I want to get started.

AMC+ is a half-baked service at best. Peacock, for example, is a far superior product.

I’m frustrated because I dropped Netflix last month and picked up AMC+, part of which was to catch up with BCS. Turns out season 5 goes on Netflix and season 6, and only season 6 (no previous seasons) is now on AMC+. I haven’t seen season 5 so I’ll have to fucking get Netflix again for a month if I want to get started.

AMC+ is a half-baked service at best. Peacock, for example, is a far superior product.
Agreed. BCS is one of the few TV shows I actually bought on iTunes, because I watch it over and over (along with breaking bad) every few years and never know whether or where it will stream.

Yeah, that's become a common model, where an ongoing series has the previous seasons on some service (other than where they originate), and the current season only on the original network. Even worse, a few series were being shown with a rolling 4 episode window, so if you managed to get behind, the earlier EPs were gone. When we were kind of keeping up with TWD, that happened to us, so in my iTunes I have like 2 EPs from a single season.

Giving me a very “Legend” vibe.

Second best thing on TV right now (after Better Call Saul).

Counterpoint: Better Things and Atlanta.

Your posts are a good example as to how I reply to people who say, "There's nothing good on TV anymore ..."

All amazing shows, well, we haven't really dug into Better Things, we've seen a few, it's excellent, it's a near perfect score for all 5 seasons on RT - and LOVE some Pamela, she was amazing on Louie (award winning), and some may not know that she was the voice for Bobby Hill in King of the Hill (won an Emmy for that too). She was also outstanding in Californication, a show I'd suggest stopping after Season 4, that's a good enough ending (you can almost stop at S2, but S3-4 are also pretty good).

BCS is so good, it did the impossible too, a prequel, a spinoff better than the original show (yeah, I said it ... come at me bro !)

Atlanta is probably the best 1/2 hour ... comedy? dramedy? urban fairytale?

Your posts are a good example as to how I reply to people who say, "There's nothing good on TV anymore ..."

All amazing shows, well, we haven't really dug into Better Things, we've seen a few, it's excellent, it's a near perfect score for all 5 seasons on RT - and LOVE some Pamela, she was amazing on Louie (award winning), and some may not know that she was the voice for Bobby Hill in King of the Hill (won an Emmy for that too). She was also outstanding in Californication, a show I'd suggest stopping after Season 4, that's a good enough ending (you can almost stop at S2, but S3-4 are also pretty good).

BCS is so good, it did the impossible too, a prequel, a spinoff better than the original show (yeah, I said it ... come at me bro !)

Atlanta is probably the best 1/2 hour ... comedy? dramedy? urban fairytale?
I’m not prepared to say BCS is better than Breaking Bad yet - IMO Breaking Bad is the best TV series ever. But if BCS can nail the finale, it has a shot, which is saying a lot.

Breaks my heart that there is no Lalo spinoff in the works. I’d love to know that guy’s back story.

Other spin-off ideas - Mike‘s son. How did he break bad? Gene: Tales from a Cinnabon. The Kettlemans (A sitcom). An entire show about what the hell Lydia is up to.

That's true, I'm probably more like right dead in the center of better-or-not (BCS vs. BB), the ending will definitely decide it, I'll leave my hot take till afterwards :D

Netflix has a TV show (10 episodes) from Norwegian television titled The Girl from Oslo. Plot sketches make the thing sound a bit too "bad guys vs good guys" binary to me, but I might watch a few episodes this weekend, since I had stuck it on my list.

Last edited:
I finished Why Didn’t They Ask Evans and enjoyed it, it worth the time to watch it.
That’s what I just came here to say! Very short, typical Agatha Christie, great cast. Enjoyed it from start to end.

Finally made it to the new season for BCS, only the first episode so far. We took time to watch The Recap Guy's recaps of S1-5, about 7-8 minutes each, super helpful, the show is so dense, I forget some of the moves various character made!

Anyway, wow, what a start, it's just so good.

We realized after watching S01E01 which was a "freebie" that we don't actually have AMC+ , so, I guess we'll be getting it for a couple of months :D It's only $4.99/month through Amazon, that's probably how we'll pick it up.

Back