What’s on TV?

• Thread starter Thread starter Huntn
  • Anyone can edit the first post of this thread WikiPost WikiPost
  • Start date Start date
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.
BCS, episodes 2 and then, holy shit, Episode 3.

That falls into a Top N of best episodes of TV ever, that's up there with the Ozymandias EP of BB.

(For GOT folks, that's like Blackwater / Battle of the Bastards / The Winds of Winter :D)

That falls into a Top N of best episodes of TV ever, that's up there with the Ozymandias EP of BB.

(For GOT folks, that's like Blackwater / Battle of the Bastards / The Winds of Winter :D)
Yep.

Got this:

1651586679782.png

Then this!

1651586697706.png

Not long after, this!

1651586726488.png

Finished Ozark last night, what an ending, I guess not 100% the one we wanted, but a terrific way to end the series.

The central message, really did become, "The rich and privileged really do get to walk away from a crash, both literally and metaphorically".

That exchange right before the fade to black pretty much summarized the whole series:

“World doesn’t work like that.” —Mel Sattem

“Since when?” —Wendy Byrde

I kind of thought Ruth might be doomed from the start of Season 4 / Part 2, she seemed to have a pretty dark trajectory, and that conversation she had with Killer Mike in the diner, listening to Nas, talking about people was raised in the ghetto, who can see the bright lights of Manhattan, so maybe he can make it out - but people like them never make it out.

If you're NITK, Killer Mike is also part of the rap duo Run the Jewels (aka RTJ), who's music has shown up a few times in Ozark, including the unbelievable Season 3 ending with Helen ...

And goddam, Ruth is a boss to the very end:

“I’m not sorry, your son was a murdering bitch. And now I know where he got it from.”

Finished Ozark last night, what an ending, I guess not 100% the one we wanted, but a terrific way to end the series.

The central message, really did become, "The rich and privileged really do get to walk away from a crash, both literally and metaphorically".

That exchange right before the fade to black pretty much summarized the whole series:

“World doesn’t work like that.” —Mel Sattem

“Since when?” —Wendy Byrde

I kind of thought Ruth might be doomed from the start of Season 4 / Part 2, she seemed to have a pretty dark trajectory, and that conversation she had with Killer Mike in the diner, listening to Nas, talking about people was raised in the ghetto, who can see the bright lights of Manhattan, so maybe he can make it out - but people like them never make it out.

If you're NITK, Killer Mike is also part of the rap duo Run the Jewels (aka RTJ), who's music has shown up a few times in Ozark, including the unbelievable Season 3 ending with Helen ...

And goddam, Ruth is a boss to the very end:

“I’m not sorry, your son was a murdering bitch. And now I know where he got it from.”

I’m not a big fan of the ending. I don’t feel like what their son did made a lot of sense given his trajectory. That whole final scene seemed like unearned shock value.

A friend in the UK sent me news. They announced the new Doctor Who. I am NOT ready for all the faux fanboy & non fanboy tears.

I am excited. But I'm also tired of expecting the usual bullshit that will come with this.

One of the joys of watching BCS is picking up on all the clues, especially in the openings. Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould don't waste any screen time. I've been especially intrigued by what they've done with Kim, who is certainly no longer Jimmy/Saul's moral center.

Although it's sometimes tempting to wait until all the episodes of a series have been released and are available for binging, I think I prefer only being able to watch one each week. It reminds me of the "old days," where network TV was the only option, so we'd eagerly look forward to next week's episode, even for non-serialized programs.

A friend in the UK sent me news. They announced the new Doctor Who. I am NOT ready for all the faux fanboy & non fanboy tears.

I am excited. But I'm also tired of expecting the usual bullshit that will come with this.
I’ve been waiting for this. I’m rarely disappointed with an actor who plays The Doctor, although I have certainly liked some better than others. I just want the show back on the regular!

I’ve been waiting for this. I’m rarely disappointed with an actor who plays The Doctor, although I have certainly liked some better than others. I just want the show back on the regular!
For me, the way the show is used & scheduled, Doctor Who has become a show better binged. I can't stand 2 episodes here, 6 month break, 3 episodes, 3 month break, Christmas episode. Oh wait, has it been 3 years already? Time for a new Doctor.

I wish it was like the original new Doctor runs. Film the dozen or so episodes, run 'em, wait for new season, and repeat.

Now that that Season 2 of Tehran was recently released on AppleTV+, we're watching a few episodes of Season 1 to jog our memory from when we binge watched that last year.

It's an outstanding series if you like espionage and international intrigue (Israel vs Iran) kind of movies. Great cinematography and overall it feels authentic.

May 2022: Hot Dam Bosch is back, new series, Bosch: Legacy a direct continuation of the story watching on Prime, but it is listed as Freevee Network. Listed as an ad supported on demand streaming service, owned by Amazon. I noticed two 30 sec commercials during an episode. If this is the first time watching be sure you watch the first 7 seasons of Bosch first.

29522067-A785-4C3B-A430-8AA888DF1281.jpeg

OK, BCS tonight for us - technically it airs at 9pm on Monday, but AMC+ doesn't get it until, umm, no idea, we bailed (and it's available now) :D

So this is S06E05 (aired May 9), then E06 (May 16), E07 (May 23), then about a 1-1/2 month break, then the second part of Season 6 premiers July 11, then weekly (again), that's 7 episodes 8-13

C67DC8A7-9804-41C1-8BF6-B5DBCE95F650.jpeg

We started watching The Wilds on Prime, a charter jet headed for Hawaii with teenage girls headed to a exclusive summer program of somekind, the jet crashes, they end up floating in the ocean among debris near an island, most of them unharmed. What first struck me as a survival story, by the end of the first episode, becomes more of a Lost Scenario. Intriguing, but not sold on this yet. 85% @RT.

Anyone watching Shining Girls? I've seen the first four episodes. Although it's a slow burn until E4, I am very intrigued. Elisabeth Moss and Wagner Moura are excellent with Harper Curtis just the right amount of creepy.

Anyone watching Shining Girls? I've seen the first four episodes. Although it's a slow burn until E4, I am very intrigued. Elisabeth Moss and Wagner Moura are excellent with Harper Curtis just the right amount of creepy.

We plan to! We love that kind of genre, the thriller/serial killer + something else is weird and mysterious and possibly supernatural type thing :D

Did you watch The Outsider on HBOMax?

OK, BCS tonight for us - technically it airs at 9pm on Monday, but AMC+ doesn't get it until, umm, no idea, we bailed (and it's available now) :D

Stellar episode! So much setup, foreshadowing, hussles-within-hussles, and that boxing scene, wow, hahahaha.

Tony Dalton (Lalo) is so charming while being a scary sociopath, for those NITK, he's got a pretty major secondary role in the Hawkeye miniseries. That ending, __no__spoilers__ but we were about to lose it.

And Gus Fring is one of the greatest series characters ever. It's tempting to go to MegaCon next week just for this:

Stellar episode! So much setup, foreshadowing, hussles-within-hussles, and that boxing scene, wow, hahahaha.

Tony Dalton (Lalo) is so charming while being a scary sociopath, for those NITK, he's got a pretty major secondary role in the Hawkeye miniseries. That ending, __no__spoilers__ but we were about to lose it.

And Gus Fring is one of the greatest series characters ever. It's tempting to go to MegaCon next week just for this:

Yeah, i’d pay Good Money for a Lalo series.

Back