What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting list. I’ve watched 5 of the 50, and only 1 in the top 10, and I wouldn’t have put 30 Rock in the top 10.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting list. I’ve watched 5 of the 50, and only 1 in the top 10, and I wouldn’t have put 30 Rock in the top 10.
You inspired me to count. I’ve watched 33, and none of those surprise me, although surprised at some of the stuff I haven’t watched. 30 for 30, really? For me, the 30 Rock ranking works. I would’ve put Justified on the list.

Wrongly underwatched shows on the list are Deadwood, Better Things, Atlanta, Reservation Dogs, The Americans.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've watched 11 of these shows. I was glad to see Better Call Saul in the top ten, though it's disgraceful that it never won a single Emmy. There are a few that I'd like to try, though I'm increasingly reluctant to embark on a series that could take months or more to finish.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
It looks like I've watched 14, with 5 of those being top 10. As with most lists of this kind, there's some I agree with and some I don't. I won't nitpick someone else's taste, but that wouldn't be my top shows. For example, as much as I loved Mad Men, for me The Wire is far superior (I'm currently rewatching it at the moment even). I loved 30 Rock, but to me, it's completely out of place in the top 10. And Brooklyn Nine-nine is no where on the list?

It's not a bad list. But the only list like this I'll ever agree with is my own list. :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Power (2023 Amazon Prime)- Teenage girls become able to generate and project electricity from their bodies, as an evolutionary protective quality, and the impact it has on society. I’m into this 4 episodes, and it’s holding my interest, especially a sequence in Saudia Arabia where basically women are shown in a process of unchaining themselves. I would not be surprised if this is banned in some countries. So far so good, 4 more episodes to go. :)It’s been renewed.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Power (2023 Amazon Prime)- Teenage girls become able to generate and project electricity from their bodies, as an evolutionary protective quality, and the impact it has on society. I’m into this 4 episodes, and it’s holding my interest, especially a sequence in Saudia Arabia where basically women are shown in a process of unchaining themselves. I would not be surprised if this is banned in some countries. So far so good, 4 more episodes to go. :)It’s been renewed.

Finished, it drags a little, not as satisfying as I’d prefer, but the empowering of women is good enough to continue into next season.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Star Trek Strange New Worlds is the first time I’m enjoying Star Trek in many years. Back to basics, first contact type stuff.

A year or two ago I tried getting into Discovery and Picard and just couldn’t, and I’m a big TNG fan. Now that we’ve got a series about 5 year missions again, it pretty gratifying to watch. Season 1, episode 4, Memento Mori, is an instant classic.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Star Trek Strange New Worlds is the first time I’m enjoying Star Trek in many years. Back to basics, first contact type stuff.

A year or two ago I tried getting into Discovery and Picard and just couldn’t, and I’m a big TNG fan. Now that we’ve got a series about 5 year missions again, it pretty gratifying to watch. Season 1, episode 4, Memento Mori, is an instant classic.
Is this on Paramount +? If so, I’ll try it.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is this on Paramount +? If so, I’ll try it.
Yup, maybe read up on the backstory for a minute for orientation. A lot of setup in the first episode obviously, but then it locks into a groove. On the whole the first season knocks it out of the park.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I am noticing that the networks, at least CBS, are bring in shows from overseas to fill time slots in Primetime. First is was NCIS: Australia and last night I saw an ad for Ghosts: UK.

Guess they have to do something while the SAG strike is going on.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount + 2022- ) I finally got around to starting this. Thumbs up! I like Anson Mount as Pike, Ethan Peck as Spock, Babs Olusanmokun, as the doctor, Rebecca Romijn (X-Men: Mistique) as number 1. In some ways Anson Mount is the better Kirk, just an opinion. :)

Although as of now, it can’t replace Next Gen, it is worthy and may grow on me more. :D

IMG_3047.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I am noticing that the networks, at least CBS, are bring in shows from overseas to fill time slots in Primetime. First is was NCIS: Australia and last night I saw an ad for Ghosts: UK.

Guess they have to do something while the SAG strike is going on.
The UK version of Ghosts came first. It was brilliant. I watched it a few years ago. Never bothered with the US version.

But you can thank the writers’ strike.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Paramount + 2022- ) I finally got around to starting this. Thumbs up! I like Anson Mount as Pike, Ethan Peck as Spock, Babs Olusanmokun, as the doctor, Rebecca Romijn (X-Men: Mistique) as number 1. In some ways Anson Mount is the better Kirk, just an opinion. :)

Anson Mount is certainly a more modern Kirk (and a good nod to Pike from The Cage), and that’s not a bad thing at all. It’s pretty different from TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT in that it’s a little less serious, yet the crew all clearly cares and supports each other, which seems to be another nod to TOS. It’s got some really good moments, and I think it’d be a stronger show with more episodes per season to dilute some of the weaker episodes.

I think my only real gripe with SNW is that it falls into the trap of a lot of modern shows/movies of essentially stuffing things full which means the script isn’t always given the time to breathe when it sometimes should. It’s better than many in this space though, as it does have some good quiet moments that help the viewer understand the characters.

Out of all the “NuTrek”, I think this and Prodigy are the two that really stood out.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished season 3 of The Morning Show. I’ve always kind of rolled my eyes at this show, sticking with it because of the A-list on-camera talent and production values.

This season was a solid upgrade from the first two. Jon Hamm killed it, and great work from the cast all around. Episode 9 was easily a series best. Looking forward to the next season for the first time.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Reacher: S2

While it was previously announced it was going to have a second season, the book #11, Bad Luck & Trouble will be the basis.

I have not read this book so it will all be new when it releases sometime in early 2023.

Reacher S2

Release Date: December 15, 23. Three episodes will drop on this date followed by one a week until all eight have been released.

I have now read the book and not quite sure how it will translate to TV as it has a lot of moving parts. But we shall see.

Top Bottom
1 2