What are you doing today?

Parent Engagement, Distance Learning, and Covid: A Phenomenological Study. Which means I’ll be interviewing parents to relate their lived experience.

Damn! It actually took the school system a month to approve my request. The university gave me approval in 4 days. I’ll be doing all my interviews on Zoom for a multitude of reasons.
Oh, here they are making sure I'm not running the Tuskegee Experiment over again...

Oh, here they are making sure I'm not running the Tuskegee Experiment over again...
And I understand that’s the basic point of having an IRB. It just seems overkill when the research involves using someone’s database or interviewing adults.

And I understand that’s the basic point of having an IRB. It just seems overkill when the research involves using someone’s database or interviewing adults.
I did a survey amongst clinical trialists about perceived barriers...ZERO, absolutely ZERO protected health information shared, not even in an aggregated form... I was told to get an IRB approval before sharing it to a certain federal agency. It's literally IRB exempt by definition. So if I wanna publish it, I'll have to send it to the IRB so they can tell me it's IRB exempt.

Recovering ...

IMG_7949.jpeg

went to the clinic to have my finger that I ran through my router table checked and the stitches removed. it is still pretty ugly looking. the stitches were for internal things the skin had to close on its own as it was mostly missing. 6 stitches and it is doing well. it needs to start drying now. I can take the bandages off and take a shower with it then let it dry and wrap it up again. first time I have been able to wash my hand in 3 weeks.

Trying out a roast chicken in my brand new Instant Pot today.

Irony being that I'd normally do it in the oven, which is also brand new (after the last one died a couple of months ago).

Not that the oven won't come into play - the skin'll not crisp itself at the end so the broiler will be brought in at the end and I am roasting some veggies as well.

Trying out a roast chicken in my brand new Instant Pot today.

Irony being that I'd normally do it in the oven, which is also brand new (after the last one died a couple of months ago).

Not that the oven won't come into play - the skin'll not crisp itself at the end so the broiler will be brought in at the end and I am roasting some veggies as well.
Well, gosh darned it, that came out so well.

1 hour end to end for a 5lb (2.2kg) chicken that came out so well that the wings just fell off when I removed it from the broiler.

Well impressed and very happy with my first real use of our new Instant Pot!

I went to a baseball game. America’s pastime on America’s birthday…
I used to go watch some Red's games - and they'd loose every one.

Oddly they'd barely do any better when I didn't go!

The Bengals seem to be competing with them for the "Cincinnati worst team" trophy. Least we have Cincinnati FC that's managing to at least keep their collective heads above water...

I used to go watch some Red's games - and they'd loose every one.

Oddly they'd barely do any better when I didn't go!

The Bengals seem to be competing with them for the "Cincinnati worst team" trophy. Least we have Cincinnati FC that's managing to at least keep their collective heads above water...
2 years ago (or was it 3?) I was in Cincinnati for July 4, and went to a Reds game either 1 or 2 days before. The stadium seemed like quite an old building.

we went on another tandem group ride. only got 29 miles today I am such a slacker. a title of 237 miles this week. riding through a big cemetery
IMG_1963.jpg

Last edited:
2 years ago (or was it 3?) I was in Cincinnati for July 4, and went to a Reds game either 1 or 2 days before. The stadium seemed like quite an old building.
It's new(ish). They imploded the old one way back in the early 2000's.

Not sure if it changed much regarding their ability to win much though...

Unlike cricket, baseball games are usually over in 3 hours instead of 3 days. We like our boredom in smaller doses.
At least cricket's an easy game to understand...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

At least cricket's an easy game to understand...

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game
All this talk of men going in and out is getting a bit much for me.

Back