What are you doing today?

Now on Plan E (or is it F, G or even H) for loading the ZenDesk ticket data into the data warehouse. Load's going fine, it's crossing the i's and dotting the t's that's the bloody issue.

Will this nightmare never end?

Giving up for the night. Will try tomorrow - thank dog I have Thursday and Friday off...

Enjoy. Today has been just work. Either exercise or actual work (which I’ve just finished). Have two meetings tomorrow that I’ve had to do a lot of prep for.

Wine going down welll.

Last week, during that spell of continental wall of warmth, heat, bliss....I went prowling in what used to be wardrobes that contained stuff that my dad and my mum had worn in search of something comfortable to wear in these warm evenings.

And - studying shirts - (Decent Brother had held onto a few that my father used to have for wearing whenever he turned up and ended up staying a fair bit longer than planned - a frequent occurrence while Mother was deteriorating due to endless medical emergencies), I spotted a few of the casual denim shirts my dad - a handsome man, and an an impossibly dapper dresser earlier in his life, he used to have bespoke tweed jackets made, - on a civil servant's salary - some of my sartorial habits and preferences did not come from the wind, he always had & wore really good stuff - had worn when he had retired, and finally, and firmly, dispensed with ties, formal elegant thick cotton shirts, bespoke jackets, dark trousers, and Italian leather shoes.

Anyway, last week, I tried a few of them out, and today - and it has given me an ineffable degree of pleasure I did not realise I would experience - I am wearing an incredibly soft (and unbelievably comfortable) cotton denim shirt (Swedish) that my dad had worn.

Last edited:
Home again. Two hour flight from Tampa to Baltimore. Three hours in Baltimore, and then another two hour flight to Pensacola. One hour drive home. Makes for a long day. I don’t know when I’ll wake up tomorrow.

Home again. Two hour flight from Tampa to Baltimore. Three hours in Baltimore, and then another two hour flight to Pensacola. One hour drive home. Makes for a long day. I don’t know when I’ll wake up tomorrow.
Rest up, glad to have you back.

Welcome back1 Hope you sleep well and recover!

Got my shingles (Shingrix) vaccine today. My doctor had been nagging me about it for at least a year.

Interestingly I was more nervous about it than I was about my Covid vaccine. I couldn't wait for that one. 😎

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Totally rejigged my loaders for the ZenDesk data import. Remove the scalpel approach, implemented the “Big heavy fucking axe” one instead. Tomorrow it’s do or die time!

Also colored my hair in preparation for our upcoming long weekend away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my shingles (Shingrix) vaccine today. My doctor had been nagging me about it for at least a year.

Interestingly I was more nervous about it than I was about my Covid vaccine. I couldn't wait for that one. 😎

We'll see how I feel tomorrow.
Ah the Shingrix vaccine. Like with the Covid jabs, it’s the second dose that gets you. My arm was sore after the first one, but after the second one I threw up all day. Getting me to do that is impressive when you consider I never barfed during months of chemo. But still better than getting shingles.

Ah the Shingrix vaccine. Like with the Covid jabs, it’s the second dose that gets you. My arm was sore after the first one, but after the second one I threw up all day. Getting me to do that is impressive when you consider I never barfed during months of chemo. But still better than getting shingles.
I've had shingles and it sucks but I would take that again over puking all day, it would be one thing if it were a life threatening disease but it's not. This is one vaccine I'll go ahead and skip.

I've had shingles and it sucks but I would take that again over puking all day, it would be one thing if it were a life threatening disease but it's not. This is one vaccine I'll go ahead and skip.
You must have had a mild case of shingles. Everyone else I know who’s ever gotten it had symptoms for at least a month. Some were unable to sit and some had to sleep in their recliners because of the pain from lying in bed.

You must have had a mild case of shingles. Everyone else I know who’s ever gotten it had symptoms for at least a month. Some were unable to sit and some had to sleep in their recliners because of the pain from lying in bed.
I guess you could call it mild but it did last for about a month and was quite uncomfortable, it was on my back on the ribs and everything from leaning back to my shirt rubbing on it was painful. Still, puking all day is far worse in my book, to me there is nothing more miserable than that.

I guess you could call it mild but it did last for about a month and was quite uncomfortable, it was on my back on the ribs and everything from leaning back to my shirt rubbing on it was painful. Still, puking all day is far worse in my book, to me there is nothing more miserable than that.
Still one day of puking vs a month of bad sleep etc. - as much as I'd not look forward to the day, at least it could be planned for and once done is done.

Went for my morning walk and got stung or bitten by something. As soon as I felt something on my arm I freaked and swatted it off without actually seeing what it was but it got me, no stinger but it's swollen and been stinging for the last half hour but I have no other symptoms yet, fingers crossed it says that way. I have a cold compress on it.

OUCH!!!! I hope it wasn't a wasp! You're sure there is no stinger buried in there somewhere? Cold compress should be good, but if the pain continues and it swells up much more you might want to go to a Doc-in-the-box walk-in kind of place or the ER....

OUCH!!!! I hope it wasn't a wasp! You're sure there is no stinger buried in there somewhere? Cold compress should be good, but if the pain continues and it swells up much more you might want to go to a Doc-in-the-box walk-in kind of place or the ER....
I'm about 2 hours in and am having no other reactions so I think I'm okay but the site of it still stings a bit but the redness is also almost gone now. I did put a cold compress on it and there's no stinger that I would see.

That's good, then that you aren't experiencing anything further and that the redness is almost gone, too. Probably if the stinger were still in there you'd know it and your system would be reacting fiercely to the invader.

Unexpected walk with nephew. Yay. Brother-in-law needed to get a new bed for sis at Ikea and tried make the shopping as covid-safe and rapid as possible so unca Pumbaa assisted with an outdoor walk with nephew in the stroller. Awesome!

Then out of nowhere someone turned on the big shower in the sky and the big outdoor fan. People exiting Ikea couldn’t even walk straight with their trolleys due to the wind. Still, nephew and I had a good time.

Also managed to take advantage of the cooler weather later to leave a couple of ATX cases/computers and an ancient 17” monitor for recycling, although I had to wait for a thunderstorm to finish first and barely made it in time. Lots of old sins to atone for, but a step in the right direction.

Day #1 of our long weekend - sunny day for the drive and stopped for some food in Lancaster, Ohio before picking up lots of good local artisanal cheese, bread and other fixings before heading to our destination.

Good chat with the chef (who didn’t realize we were coming up today) then popped in to the local attached pub for some drinks then drove back to the cottage in time for a simple meal and perhaps a dip in the hot-tub before bed.

Not me. I had shingles once and never want it again, so I'm getting the newer vaccine this fall. I ended up with some attributed eye muscle damage from that bout of shingles (a wall eye that needs correction w/ prismatic lenses). It's annoying because I quickly get vertigo without the glasses, and before that was used to not really needing glasses just to cross a room safely, even though I had some correction of an astigmatism.

I do get you about not looking forward to possibility of throwing up all day after the 2nd shot of the newer vaccine. I can't remember the last time I threw up, I think it was when I ate bad egg foo yung at some takeout joint in the city, maybe 40 years ago? Haven't eaten that stuff again! So yeah. But I don't want another go-around with shingles, for sure.

Back