What are you doing today?

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Of course the scheduled appointment wasn't met. What was originally meant to occur at 11 is now scheduled for around 3ish, give or take. I expect it to happen more around 5, though I wouldn't be too surprised if it ends up being pushed to tomorrow.

So I came home to get something to eat.
Not surprised in the slightest. Hope it goes ahead and goes well. Sometimes the waiting is worse than the actual procedure.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
drove six hours with my son to spend the night with my parents and pick stuff up that didn’t fit in the car when we visited last month.

six hours back home tomorrow. but totally worth it for a road trip with the boy and a bit more time with the 80 somethings.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hope everything keeps going as well as it has so far for your father @Renzatic.

Spending the evening documenting a CC dispute, as it looks like I fell for one of those scam e-commerce sites that never intend to send you anything. This one is involved enough that they seem to be scraping FedEx tracking numbers to give to “customers” that complain. At this point it isn’t even about the 30$, it’s more the principle of the thing. But I don’t want details vanishing as they accidentally gave me enough information that I can tell I’m not the only mark.

At least this morning we went to see Avatar: Way of Water. So something halfway decent happened today.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Docked iin Vicksburg earlier this morning. It’s raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock, and I’ve developed a cold.

On the bright side, they served a chickpea meatloaf for dinner last night that was divine. Our dining companions were sure I had ordered actual meatloaf.
A23907FA-69E9-43EB-9C14-20BF3A38E45C.jpeg

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
My husband bought my daughter and me seats at a candle pouring workshop so we are doing that this afternoon, and this evening we've invited friends over for drinks, s'mores, and a fire.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My husband bought my daughter and me seats at a candle pouring workshop so we are doing that this afternoon, and this evening we've invited friends over for drinks, s'mores, and a fire.

The weather should be perfect for that.

Wife & I took a walk last night for the first time in a while. It was remarkably balmy.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Welp, the Tesla service center has still done absolutely nothing on my car. It hasn’t moved from where the tow truck left it. Each day, when I ask, the service advisor says he’ll check with the technicians and get back to me.

I‘ve taken a lot of cars in for dealer service over the years - Plymouth, pontiac, eagle, Porsche, bmw, …. This is the saddest customer service I’ve seen. I assume they don’t care about me because the car is so old, but you’d think they’d realize that means I’m probably going to be buying a new car soon and I might take customer service into account. The issue isn’t even that they are taking so long - it’s that they won’t even give me a rough estimate of when they may actually diagnose the problem, let alone fix it.

Anyway, today I will probably swing by there in person and see if I can prod them along.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Today I'm noodling out an emergency power system to handle power outages (rotating or natural).

This would handle the electrical needs of our gas-fed tankless water heater and the blower in our furnace should the power go out. And for charging phones, laptops, etc.

I'm thinking of a couple of LiFePO4 batteries, AC inverter, and charger, all fitting in a rolling tool box. Already have the rolling toolbox; next is mocking up the batteries, inverter, charger for potential fitment.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
That sounds lovely!

The weather should be perfect for that.

Wife & I took a walk last night for the first time in a while. It was remarkably balmy.
Candle pouring was fun! But we had to postpone our fire plans since one of the households invited came down with covid. Will reschedule that.

Web_December_30_2022_001.jpg

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
After a long day in the warehouse I spent the evening going through the data from the stock take. I usually refuse to work on a Friday night. But my headspace was there anyway, so thought I might as well finish it off.
At least it’s a three day weekend!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Trying to figure out why we have over 350 guests on the site right now, which one of y'all posted a link somewhere?

Top Bottom
1 2