What are you doing today?

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I have the laborious task of taking all the Christmas decorations down. We have 4 Christmas trees in our house, 1 in each of the girls bedrooms, 1 in the hall and 1 in our lounge. I’m the only one doing it while everybody chills out and I think I’ve been up and down to the garage loft and main loft several times already. Not doing the outdoor lights today and thank goodness it’s raining!

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
I have the laborious task of taking all the Christmas decorations down. We have 4 Christmas trees in our house, 1 in each of the girls bedrooms, 1 in the hall and 1 in our lounge. I’m the only one doing it while everybody chills out and I think I’ve been up and down to the garage loft and main loft several times already. Not doing the outdoor lights today and thank goodness it’s raining!
i’m so sorry no one is helping you. 😞

we are picking one car up at the shop that is going to be sold, and later today picking up a new car to replace the lemon. and my dog has a nail trim.

i’d love to undecorate today too but not sure there will be time.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The fog is lifting. You can actually see the tree line now.
image.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Headed - briefly, but quite late - into the city, and forgot that many shops (stores) shut early today (such as the French bakery, hence no fresh, French bread, and, indeed, the cheesemonger's; entirely my own fault); anyway, while I missed out on bread, I did purchase some quality cotton bedlinen (Sheridan's, 500 thread count) in the post-Christmas sales, and also purchased a classic, paper, diary (Letts) for 2023.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Luxuriating in knowledge that we're just past the midpoint of the twelve days of Christmas. It's perhaps the most relaxing part of the season for me anyway, almost at the "nothing's happening" stage, and it stays that way for a little while once that New Year's Ball drops to usher in another fresh start. Time to read and reflect and avoid making New Year's resolutions. 🥳

A happy 2023 to all of you here, and to your friends and family too!

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I have a few things to do today. Firstly I need to dismantle the cabinet around my fridge-freezer and move it as we have the wall being removed tomorrow to open out kitchen out into the new extension. Secondly I need to dismantle the table and put into the garage with the chairs.

The final plan I have is to re-wax my Barbour jacket as it’s showing signs of wear where the wax has worn thin. I tend to do it once a year and it’s not my favourite thing to do but I’m not paying £50 for Barbour to do it.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Half-wasting hours half-watching House votes that so far fail to put a gavel into a new Speaker's hand.

Well in the meantime I finished ironing the binding for a wall hanging, and winding it onto an empty 20-oz water bottle to keep it smooth until needed. Imagine that: I got more done today than did an entire bowl of congress critters. Probably not the first time but I haven't been keeping score.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Took our neighbors out for brunch this morning as thanks for rushing to the rescue while we were away and feeding our cats who had managed to eat their entire 10-day supply of food in 4 days. 🙄 (Must have been some party!)

This afternoon I went to the optometrist for my post and pre-surgery check since I get the second eye done on Thursday. She said I’m pretty much at 20/20 in the right eye now. First time I’ve seen that well since 3rd grade!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This afternoon I went to the optometrist for my post and pre-surgery check since I get the second eye done on Thursday. She said I’m pretty much at 20/20 in the right eye now. First time I’ve seen that well since 3rd grade!

Same here. I have to wonder if my baseball career would have gone further had I been able to see like I do now.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Trying to stay warm while working from home. Just received a notice that SoCal gas prices will have a significant price increase this month. Natural gas is how I both heat my house and cook my food. I've barely been turning my furnace on in order to save money. This is definitely not good news for my arthritic joints.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My goal for something to do every day is to list 5 things for sale on eBay. Need to get rid of stuff before we move. Should have been doing this all along, but better late than never I guess.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Looking at formal braces (english term for suspenders) today. Yesterday I dropped a lot of doe-ray-me on a bespoke suit made from an outfit on Savile Row that had a trunk show going on in Boston. Feeling a big guilty on spending that much money today, but I figure since I have been saving for over a year now I could splurge a little bit on myself for the wedding. Didn't want a Joseph A. Banks off the rack droopy suit.

Top Bottom
1 2