What are you doing today?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Maybe it’s the perspective, but is there enough room for a roll of toilet paper between the bear's arms?
If not now, give it some time. They keep making the rolls narrower.

Except for Costco’s Kirkland brand. They are the same width as they used to be.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Weird sort of day. Been raining on and off. Other than a really short walk I've felt restless since I got up. Not really achieved anything today. A bit of sorting and some work to get a head start on the week.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
Yikes. I'm late - sorry!
Happy belated b'day @lizkat! Hope you had a blast!

OOPS belated bday.jpg

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Thanks to you all! I do love birthdays. It's not great to have mine more or less buried in the winter holidays, or at least it wasn't great when I was a kid. Now I don't mind but back then, wow... I envied one brother with a midsummer birthday: out of the blue would come his special day with special food and a party and a bike or a baseball glove and this and that... and I'd be remembering back to winter post-Xmas with exhausted parents glad the holidays were over, and a pile of kindly old aunts each having provided one nice gift with a tag that always said Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!

And it's not like that bro didn't get Xmas gifts, so... 🔥

So yeah my materialistic nose was out of joint for most of July every year when I was a kid. It was about quantity not quality of gifts at that age. A pox on that one nice dress or one expensive book! My gratitude was paper-thin and drummed into me by a grandmother who kept saying it was the thought that counted, and always gave me a little box of cards to write thank-you notes on. But I wanted lots of stuff on my very own day and usually what I most memorably ended up with was a request to please help take down the Christmas tree before the needles made a mess departing the house. Ah the injustice of it all... :ROFLMAO:
Belated happy birthday, @lizkat; hope you had a terrific day.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
got chased by a dog. at first he was having fun but then he seemed he wanted to catch us and kill us. the speed overlay is way delayed the dog peaked at 19mph for a little bit before he gave up the chase.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
If not now, give it some time. They keep making the rolls narrower.

Except for Costco’s Kirkland brand. They are the same width as they used to be.
Actually, it wasn’t the width of the roll, but its circumference. It didn’t look like there was enough space for a full roll.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Weird sort of day. Been raining on and off. Other than a really short walk I've felt restless since I got up. Not really achieved anything today. A bit of sorting and some work to get a head start on the week.

That was my day yesterday and the front end of today too. Not the weather so much but sorting things out and trying to persuade myself the work was worth it (which I actually know it will have been). Just took me longer to sort out my studio than I had figured initially.

Resisted temptation to do what I did once before after hauling out way too many fabrics to "audition" for use in some backings and bindings... toss them all into a crate marked "Sort these out" and take it upstairs and congratulate myself on a speedy "cleanup." Oy. Never again. I really did learn that lesson. Now it takes whatever it takes, but everything goes back where I expect to be able to find it again.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here we see after getting chased by the dog is the porta potty primeval forest. with toilet roll birds flittering from porta potty to porta potty.

IMG_0364.jpeg

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Went with a friend and ordered a new fridge/freezer unit after realizing the one that came with the apartment was from 1988 and only 155 cm (5’1”) tall.

Not sure what baffled me most, the age of the machine or its (lack of) height. It works well and the electricity bill is nowhere near as high as people expect it to be given the age of the thing. I knew it wasn’t the roomiest fridge ever but I would have guessed it had an additional 4-8”. Ah, well.

Anyways… I had been helping said friend look for a new fridge/freezer and a new dishwasher and now a few days later the fridge/freezer we both liked went on sale. Yay!

Probably a very happy salesman as well, the store was nearly empty, last hour before closing for the night, then boom! Three decent appliances sold with delivery, installation, removal of the old units, and with extra warranty. The whole shebang.

Yeah, I know, the extra warranty is someone making tons of money and most people who buy it won’t use it. Heck, I’ll be perfectly happy if I never have to use it! 😁

lizkat

Reaction score
Laughing at Instacart for coming up with a new nudge in their notifications... talking about "Get your order in now before the incoming storm!"...

Hmm, I thought. What storm? So I looked it up. Gonna be in the mid-40s tomorrow with a 70% chance of getting up to a quarter-inch of rain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s 1:20 a.m. I’m awake. That is highly unusual for me. It means I can no longer have any kind of caffeine at all. I had a cup before noon while I was waiting on my car. I still can’t sleep!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Laughing at Instacart for coming up with a new nudge in their notifications... talking about "Get your order in now before the incoming storm!"...

Hmm, I thought. What storm? So I looked it up. Gonna be in the mid-40s tomorrow with a 70% chance of getting up to a quarter-inch of rain. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

LOL. So they have joined in with the actual grocery stores to create hyped up demand ahead of storms. Brilliant!

It’s 1:20 a.m. I’m awake. That is highly unusual for me. It means I can no longer have any kind of caffeine at all. I had a cup before noon while I was waiting on my car. I still can’t sleep!

I am continually annoyed that most c-stores do no carry Caffeine-Free Diet Coke or Pepsi. Chic-Fil-A always has and Wendy's with the Coke Freestyle machines are starting to, but I just want to go in a grab a bottle and not deal with DT lines. Come on, can't you give up one of the 8 facings of Coke for a CFDC?

And when do you get your second eye done?

---------------------------------------

As for what I am doing, laughing at the offspring. She got put on a new account at work yesterday. Can't say who, but let's say she will be getting a new Pixel 7 for free and she has to use it while working on the project. She is so invested in the Apple infrastructure that this will be interesting. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score

They say the quarter-life of caffeine is 12 hours... I had not realized that an extra cuppa joe taken at 3pm would still have any impact on me by 3am. Well of course I didn't realize it back when I was stowing away coffee by the potful on the job. Everyone I knew drank coffee as though it was water.

Years later, having cut back to two or three cups a day, I do notice effect of coffee taken late in the day, but it hasn't stopped me having that mid-afternoon cup now and then. Sometimes then I at least skip having a cup of tea in mid evening.

When I do have tea in the evening (I'm not a fan of herbal teas) I just tell myself the caffeine in tea is lighter or different or something and won't bother me. Not sure about that, but I still do fall asleep before the audiobook timer shuts down every night. Only time that doesn't work is when I get carried away and have coffee at 8pm. Then I'm on the kinda roll I don't appreciate any more, i.e. good until at least 2 or 3am.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was up around that time, so I was catching up on "The White Lotus". I watched the first ten minutes of the last episode before finally going to bed.

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Spent time today replacing the EV charger on the side of the house with a unit that will let me track consumption, and get me a rebate from the local utility district. Finally found one that might give me a good chance at durability in the outdoors as well as the smarts that the utility district wants in order to shell out for the rebate. Not fun doing it in the rain, but at least the junction box wasn’t exposed, and it all works and is up to code.

Why was I doing it in the rain? Because it took two afternoons to actually make sure I got the right fittings/etc to re-do the hardwiring and by the time I had everything, I missed the window on the dry weather earlier this week. Made too many assumptions about how the electrician did the initial run for the branch circuit.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Why was I doing it in the rain? Because it took two afternoons to actually make sure I got the right fittings/etc to re-do the hardwiring and by the time I had everything, I missed the window on the dry weather earlier this week. Made too many assumptions about how the electrician did the initial run for the branch circuit.

Come on. Don't you know every project needs to include at least 1 additional trip to the store to get something you forgot. So you end up buying a few extra things just in case. Making sure you have everything you need BEFORE you start a project is just bragging. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom
1 2