What Game You Playing?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, that's a neat concept, and nice art direction.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
No Man’s Sky 5 Years Later-
On sale at Steam, and GOG.com, this 2015 game has done a real turn around, so I finally committed to give this a shot. Reports to follow. :)

6B10C01B-E042-450B-B2C0-9ACBF162F9AB.jpeg

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Diablo iii. I just started doing the adventure mode, and got Kanai’s cube today. Too many hours already, so I might play with that tomorrow afternoon.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone here playing New World, the Amazon MMO? Just wondering, most of my guild mates are playing, but the reviews I've read at Steam are mixed, and I'm having trouble getting myself up for endless kill and collect quests...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anyone here playing New World, the Amazon MMO? Just wondering, most of my guild mates are playing, but the reviews I've read at Steam are mixed, and I'm having trouble getting myself up for endless kill and collect quests...
Sounds like the point of the game is to get you ready for a job at an Amazon warehouse. Endless boring “quests.”

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I picked up Resident Evil 4 VR last week and have been playing it since. It's fantastic. It's also nice that I've never played a Resident Evil game, so I'm going in basically blind. I think I'm about halfway through the 4th chapter. I'm literally wearing my controllers typing this and am about to stick my fully charged headset back on to dive back in as soon as I hit Post.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
When you get around to playing Fallout 4, I can give you some tips, but understand if you prefer going in unaware. My biggest issue with the vanilla game are the choices the developers try to force on you. Imo one major choice is unrealistic.

As I said in another thread, I can handle the scare factor of Alien Isolation, I just don’t like the dreams I end up having, not terrifying, just bothersome and unsettled. :)

My roommate tried playing the Alien Trilogy on Sega Genesis in college, and at one point, he screamed, tossed the controller, and tried to climb over the couch. I nearly wet myself laughing.

U

User.45

Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition. We have like an hour a week. It will only take 3 years to finish it all again..

casperes1996

Power User
Reaction score
Rarely get that much time to play games but what I'm playing when I get some time for it lately has been Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Fallen Order (with a DualSense controller). Also have saves waiting for me in Dark Souls and The Longest Journey (replay) :p

Been doing a lot of testing to see how well things run on my M1 Max too and also what I could get running with Wine. Most things either had issues like flickering or just not booting at all, but what I could get going tended to work well, assuming I could get it running with DXVK and not the DX-> OpenGL backend.

How's things going with your Unreal experiments, Huntn?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rarely get that much time to play games but what I'm playing when I get some time for it lately has been Red Dead Redemption 2, Star Wars Fallen Order (with a DualSense controller). Also have saves waiting for me in Dark Souls and The Longest Journey (replay) :p

Been doing a lot of testing to see how well things run on my M1 Max too and also what I could get running with Wine. Most things either had issues like flickering or just not booting at all, but what I could get going tended to work well, assuming I could get it running with DXVK and not the DX-> OpenGL backend.

How's things going with your Unreal experiments, Huntn?
They are going, slowly but going. :) Because I picked an advanced project to emulate as a starting point, it has required a lot of study. It might have been smarter to start simpler projects, but this one inspired me, and I am making progress. Regarding Unreal Engine, it is very well polished, there are tons of tutorials but tons to learn and fortunately none of it is mysterious, Knick on wood. :D

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Nov 2021
  • Farm Simulator 19- We’ll see how long this lasts. :D

• Kingdom Come Deliverance- This is an unexpected surprise. Purchased on sale at Steam, an open world 15th century RPG that takes place in Bohemia. Your are a peasant, the son of a blacksmith, thrust into conflict. My history with games like this is it’s not unusual to have to go through an acclimation period to get comfortable with your surroundings, but this felt good from the start. Still early in the game though.
1F7A87C6-1966-45DA-B2AD-8D4CF361D364.jpeg

• Metro 2033 Redux- Got fatigued with life in the dark of the Moscow Metro System fighting monsters.
  • The Complex- A very short game/interactive live action movie. It was good enough but I think most of this determination was based on the novelty of the product. If it had been a regular movie, I would have liked the premise, but disappointed in story details as I questioned why some of the things happened the way they did. Seemed a bit shallow. It’s low budget, no surprise there. Near the end, I made a choice and ended up dead. Fortunately there is a replay option if you hit escape.
  • World of Warships- Yep, still playing this casually. I think I have been in a battle or two with a submarine, but never saw it. Playing in Random Battles mode, your success is mostly determined by the skill of the individuals (strangers) on your team, so the outcome feels mostly out of your hands. Things can be going well in your corner of the map and then you look and see 1/3-1/2 your team is sunk and the battle is essentially over. At that point it becomes stay out of range of the enemy team because they will be coming for YOU. ;)

casperes1996

Power User
Reaction score
They are going, slowly but going. :) Because I picked an advanced project to emulate as a starting point, it has required a lot of study. It might have been smarter to start simpler projects, but this one inspired me, and I am making progress. Regarding Unreal Engine, it is very well polished, there are tons of tutorials but tons to learn and fortunately none of it is mysterious, Knick on wood. :D
Making progress, even slow progress, gets you there eventually :) What's the advanced project you're trying to emulate? When you get to a point where you feel like you're making something you want to share I'm sure others will agree we'd love to see it :)

Last Summer I took a game development course at uni. Mostly focused on game design; For one week we had to make a game every single day. The level of detail of "making a game" could be as primitive as showing up with an idea and a single bit of concept art or something but yeah. One day we actually showed up with a little playable prototype I coded up in SpriteKit (very rushed hacky code). For the final week we had a little one week game jam where we used Unity. Game engines like that are great tools for larger scale projects, collaboration and such, but don't think I could've ever made our first, one-day game with a tool like that. But that's also a factor of me not being familiar with Unity in advance and at least somewhat knowing the model SpriteKit works with and being a fairly decent Swift programmer already :p Creating things can be a lot of fun and hope you're having good fun!

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
My November, in VR, has been:

• Beat Saber - I've played it every day since I got my headset. Even if it's just a song. But a lot of days, it's how I close my exercise ring on my watch. I got 52 minutes yesterday and was drenched afterwards.
  • Resident Evil IV - I've never played this game till VR. I've already won on every skill level and still can't stop running around with an infinite rocket launcher. I'm loving this game! I can't stop playing it.
  • Resist - It's fun, but even with VR legs, this one is best done in small doses. Too much Spider-Man style swinging around gets to you real quick.
  • Walking Dead - I've been waiting for ages for it to go on sale. It finally did for Black Friday. I grabbed it, then spent the weekend playing Resident Evil IV. Haven't even fired it up yet.

Any free time past that I've spent playing Resident Evil. Not sure if I've mentioned it, but I'm kind of enjoying it a little bit.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I confess to having spent awhile playing a game in the 2021 Jacquie Lawson London Advent calendar tonight. I use their site to send online greeting cards sometimes, but this year I bought the advent calendar... and did it tonight so I'd have time to explore the general ambience of this year's version before the fun starts with unlocking each December day's fun. (I'm not pitching this but I have put the link to the site because there's a fun little video preview of the calendar and its offerings so you can get the idea of the thing).

Yes I regress to kid status with Advent calendars, online or otherwise. Anyway in the "London Home" page of this year's Lawson calendar, where you can waste massive amounts of time redecorating the room or playing any of a number of games while waiting for the next day of Advent to show up out in the main scenario, there's a table with a "Ten by Ten" game -- one of those grid-based games like tentrix-- and a jigsaw puzzle on it. I started with the game and of course became obsessed with improving my score on several iterations... so later for the puzzle (and the rest of the games. which one discovers by exploring what's on assorted tables with books, candies etc on them).

The main scenario for 2021 is gorgeous, a scrollable scene along the Thames with some landmark London buildings and areas noted with a camera icon with popups to see info about them, and a slide-up overlay showing festive little shops and activities. Perfect to take the gloom off late November and December before the solstice and Christmas. Well worth my five bucks even before Advent starts. The music options are varied and wonderful (and, importantly, OPTIONAL). Happy camper here.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Diablo II Resurrected on the Xbox one. I’d forgotten how much time was spent organizing loot, watching health levels and the difficulty in recovering your dead body.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Diablo II Resurrected on the Xbox one. I’d forgotten how much time was spent organizing loot, watching health levels and the difficulty in recovering your dead body.
Yeah depending on where your dead body ended up. ;)

The last group game I played ARK: Survival Evolved, you arrived on the beach of a deserted island populated by dinosaurs, dinosaurs that can be tamed, we had a mod that looked like a personal tombstone, that allowed you to retrieve your gear off your body without having to trek out into the wilds to retrieve it. There were other mods that sent up a beacon into the sky, because frankly in that environment of tall grasses and dark places, it could be damned difficult if not impossible to find your body, when your last movements were running helter skelter trying to avoid being eaten. ;) And sometimes the Dino would eat you, then forget it, your stuff was gone, except that the mod mentioned ignored that. :D

B963D858-73B9-4804-849B-91A6B2978E78.jpeg

4F56E159-3B54-4630-AA51-F9E9626E42E6.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2