What Game You Playing?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm still scoring some killer deals basically Epic has something every 5-6 days, and some pretty premium titles, got this today:

1643304178138.png

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
How did you get on with FS19? FS22 came out in November last year by the way. KDC is a wonderful game. I finished it a few years ago.
Kingdom Come Deliverance- (y) great game, not perfect, but much fun.

Farm Simulator 19- 👎 I played a couple of sessions and saw the writing on the wall. I could imagine some people enjoying the routine, but it, things like driving the tractor plowing the field, seemed highly repetitive to me, even if I could hire a worker on the fly to take over. Besides him, who you could not talk to, there was zero social life, no one in town, no one at the store or the grain drop off point, no wife, no girlfriend, no neighbors to wave at, no square dance ;), it was hard to be immersed in this simulator in a ghost town. I’m trying to remember if I saw other vehicles driving around anywhere.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just bought Red Dead Redemption 2. Freaking game is 128GB!
It’s a good game, but imo more fun as a group activity, like collecting bounties which can be challenging. However the routine online, if solo online, activity can get grindy and the solo offline game actually has a story.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Ended up applying for a refund on RDR2, because I cannot tolerate anything that makes me sign into a service then sign into another service before I can play my games.

Got Horizon Zero Dawn instead.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You missed out. I am not ashamed to publicly admit that i had tears in my eyes at the end and I am just over 4 decades old
Ref: Red Dead Redemption 2. I assume you are referring to the solo story? I fizzled out when they moved to the mansion, but maybe I was distracted buy other games at the time, and based on this weighty comment, maybe I should pick it back up… :unsure:

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't even know ... I'm just collecting freebies :ROFLMAO:
I picked it up to at Epic. :) Hmm, mechs, fellow mercenaries, but on Steam not listed as multiplayer, arena, or Battle Royal. :unsure:

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, I know the farming simulator series very well. I was curious how you got on, coming into the series with (seemingly) no real world farming connections. I consider nearly all of your negatives as positives. There are definitely vehicles on the roads and people in towns though, so I am not sure if you had a weird setting on, or something else. There is a setting to switch off ai vehicles, for example. A common complaint is that there are no AI farmers working the fields not owned by the players. I agree with the complaint, but it’s not an easily solved problem.
I remember seeing a vehicle drive by, just zero opportunities to talk to anyone. The grain drop off, the Farm Equipment Store in town, nobody there. The worker you can hire to drive the tractor, he just poofs into the tractor and you get out.

Now I realize that in a game like this there is probably little a player would want to talk about the same way as you might in an RPG. I used to have companions in Fallout 4 who would cry on my shoulder about their lives, and I could do things to help them.

Yes, I realize this is not that sort of a game, but it still feels like a ghost town and you life consists of this loop:
  • plow field
  • plant field
  • fertilize field
  • weed field
  • harvest crop
  • Deliver/sell crop
  • buy new field
  • buy new equipment
  • plow field… :)

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
After being stuck at home for basically all of January (due to a covid scare, then to actual covid as it waltzed its way through the household), I decided I couldn't live without an Xbox Series S. This is probably a decision that I'll ultimately regret, as my Switch doesn't get a whole lot of attention from me, but I had to do it! I am currently playing FIFA 21. I have Game Pass Ultimate and perhaps will never buy a game for the thing.

Aside from that, Threes on iOS is the only other game that gets any of my time. That game is just so perfect for me.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Grounded, have been playing this coop with my son and a friend, and this is a cool, well made game, with a zen quality about it, until you find yourself in danger. I’ve discovered in coop, that in a story driven game, unless you stick completely together in your exploration and tasks, it’s more fun to be solo, but having extra friends to fight mean bugs helps a lot.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
May 2023-
  • Spaceborne 2 it was a little too unfinished for me, so set it aside. A online friend actually felt compelled to buy me a $70 Star Citizen spaceship. I’m undecided, but it challenges my hardware, getting 20-30fps and this is in areas with basically nothing going on. I also reinstalled Elite Dangerous, but have found flying ships in that game with keyboard mouse is challenging, or maybe I’m just getting old… 🤔 I played it before, but can’t remember if I used my joystick or not. :(
  • I’m in the final chapter of FarCry 5 (recommended) and am contemplating what RPG to play next, mulling over Skyrim, The Outer Worlds, even Fallout 4…again (all of which I have played before). This article is interesting:

I’ve played some of these games which feel very different than F4.I know there is disagreement, it is not perfect by a long shot, but F4 is my gold standard. It gave me what I wanted. :)
  • World of Warships- I’ve opened myself up, back to playing destroyers and cruisers, in addition to battleships. Team play with strangers can be excruciating. Wargaming has made some crappy decisions in the name of game balancing, but still it feels much less pay to win, than World of Tanks.

Top Bottom
1 2