What I've Been Working On

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Update. Now it's looking a little more painterly.

Woods03.jpg

Renzatic

Reaction score
I've spent the last couple of months experimenting with styles, always fairly not-quite-pleased with all the results I've come up with not matching what I had in mind.

...until now.

After a number of tutorials, some tweaks, and eventually sinking a bit of money into it, I've come up with my comic book style. It looks great up close, far away, and everything in between.

ComicBookStyle.jpg

The only downside is that I have to redo my foliage. Again. Oh well. Baby steps.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm thinking about seeing if I can ape a bit of this game's style, see if I can get it to work for what I have in mind.

A more or less off topic observation: So your parents living in your place while theirs gets renovated has driven you back to your art! (Or... you've moved all your gear to a motel room for the duration?)

Renzatic

Reaction score
A more or less off topic observation: So your parents living in your place while theirs gets renovated has driven you back to your art! (Or... you've moved all your gear to a motel room for the duration?)

When I'm upstairs, they don't bug me as much. :p

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I searched for "scary attics" and found a Top N list of each from horror films, hahaha, I won't be going to sleep tonight ...

Renzatic

Reaction score
I searched for "scary attics" and found a Top N list of each from horror films, hahaha, I won't be going to sleep tonight ...

I don't need to search the internet for scary basements. I own one.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I don't need to search the internet for scary basements. I own one.

Are you talking about floods or critters? I've had my minor share of both in my cellar.

Anyway on critters, when we get a (pretty rare) tornado warning, I'm at least briefly a little hard pressed to decide whether I'd rather get blown into some peak of the higher Catskills proper or just die trading insults with spiders.

Some of the spiders I have actually put down there myself, because I don't like to just kill them if I encounter one in the house in winter. Mostly daddy long legs, not really spiders anyway, which I don't even mind letting stay upstairs really.

But some of them I do not recognize (or DO recognize and have NEVER invited to the cellar even if I tolerate them). That bunch includes critters like nursery web spiders or black and yellow garden spiders who've decided to seek more shelter than my eaves or gardens afford them.

Apparently some of that crew have as proprietary a sense of my place as I do. I disturbed the snares of a nursery web spider in a corner of my cellar one summery afternoon when tornados were on the weather menu, and the cheeky thing actually charged at me in indignation. I guess by brushing past the web or a support structure of it on the way to my chosen shelter-spot, I had done the equivalent of swinging an unauthorized wrecking ball at a newly renovated house. I did keep a close eye on it for the rest of the 20 minutes I was down there. Still I didn't kill it. And... it didn't kill me!

Nursery web spiders basically hunt for insects along cellar walls, and they don't bite people unless they're harassed, so I figure them as a reasonable part of the ecosystem down there. The house is over 150 years old, so it's late in the day to imagine making any real dent in however that ecosystem has developed overall to serve its collection of nonhuman denizens.

EDIT: yeah sorry I'm collecting tokens to gain the crown of off-topic queen.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Are you talking about floods or critters? I've had my minor share of both in my cellar.

I'm talking about general atmosphere. It's fairly wet down there, and probably host to more than a few spiders, but that's not the problem. The problem is that it has this general vibe of an horrific murder scene.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm talking about general atmosphere. It's fairly wet down there, and probably host to more than a few spiders, but that's not the problem. The problem is that it has this general vibe of an horrific murder scene.

Since almost all my dealings with basements have been through horror movies I’m going to say I’m not a fan. Similarly, there might be members of ISIS who are open to a friendly meeting with an American to exchange alternative ideas but I’ve seen enough to know I’m not going to be the one to test it.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Since almost all my dealings with basements have been through horror movies I’m going to say I’m not a fan. Similarly, there might be members of ISIS who are open to a friendly meeting with an American to exchange alternative ideas but I’ve seen enough to know I’m not going to be the one to test it.

I think almost all of ISIS' videos have been filmed in a basement. Really makes you think, don't it?

Top Bottom
1 2