What Movie Are You Watching?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Tucker and Dale Vs Evil (2010)- low budget laughs. đź‘Ť

2B4274B5-1363-46AB-A0AC-797F188E2A17.jpeg

Deadpool (2016)- I don’t know how I failed to miss this when it came out, but it was good, definitely a different space than your average Marvel movie, with fun characters.

490E2082-26DA-431F-858B-02C5722593EE.jpeg
The Worthy Star Wars- Episodes 3.5*- 6 (1977-83)
*3.5= Rogue One (2016)- The definitive Star Wars, still the best of the best.

3CD9EB77-A06E-4D5E-A240-3606DEB8BA17.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Where the Crawdads Sing (2022 watched on Netflix)- Mystery, courtroom drama (which I love), human interest, beautiful scenery, outstanding story. Audiences loved it, critics hated it for some reason, something due to the book? I did not read the book.

79F3F0EE-EC54-42C5-A174-C53B88D09E97.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
After finishing up Andor on Saturday night, we decided we needed to rewatch Rogue One for an idea of where that series could be headed. There are many story lines they could follow and I look forward to see what they do.

Just MHO, but Andor is the best of the new series, even though "The Child" is very cute.

Also, finally got around to finishing Bullet Train. It was too campy for the wife, so I finished it in 15 minute segments. It wasn't bad, but probably not as good as the trailers hyped it to be.

What Christmas releases is everyone looking forward to?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
After finishing up Andor on Saturday night, we decided we needed to rewatch Rogue One for an idea of where that series could be headed. There are many story lines they could follow and I look forward to see what they do.

Just MHO, but Andor is the best of the new series, even though "The Child" is very cute.

Also, finally got around to finishing Bullet Train. It was too campy for the wife, so I finished it in 15 minute segments. It wasn't bad, but probably not as good as the trailers hyped it to be.

What Christmas releases is everyone looking forward to?
Andor is in my queue. We usually catch It’s a Wonderful Life (1946) sometime during Nov and Dec. I’m thankful a remake has never been made (I think ;)).

Miracle on 34th Street gets honorable mention.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Sand Storm (2016), on Netflix. Conflicts and turning points in the lives of a mother and daughter still bound by patriarchal customs in a Bedouin family in the Negev, where even the men can find it difficult to choose a different way forward. I liked the film a lot.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We're watching the Netflix series Extraordinary Attorney Woo.

Enjoying it, but it took a couple episodes to snag me.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Enola Holmes (2020)- I suspect I am in the minority, but I did not care for this. I’ve decided I don’t like characters who are constantly talking to the camera because it reduces my immersion in the story. I hated that in She-Hulk too.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Popped into Netflix to watch something on my list, chose the 2017 film Molly's Game and was alarmed to discover that I had stuck an upvote on it but had zero recollection of having watched it. Hit play on it and remembered it (vaguely) after a few minutes. Must have been one of those multitasking occasions where I turned the audio down and spent half the film's run time on the phone.

Anyway bailed out of that and next tried the 2013 movie Blue Jasmine which I had put off watching for ages out of not caring for Baldwin or for that matter Woody Allen either.

Tired of that quickly, headed to some other platform, Starz I think, and watched the 2003 film based on Grisham's book Runaway Jury. Now that one I liked. Anyway I've always been a fan of Hackman and the other main cast as well -- Cusack, Weisz, Hoffman.

Tonight I'm sticking to a book! :LOL: (A Prayer for the City, about Ed Rendell's time as mayor of Philly).

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Rewatch: Witness (1985).

I can't be the only person who occasionally confuses Harrison Ford and Richard Gere. I swear they look more like each other with every passing year.
Now, that is a movie I thoroughly enjoyed and I thought it very well made, interesting, thought-provoking and original; Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis were both excellent, as was Lukas Haas.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022 Netflix)- I liked it, but it kind of lost it’s mystery half way though when the narrative started explaining and showing all the things the audience was unaware for the first half. Good to see Ed Norton back along with Dave Bautista, featuring elderly Daniel Craig. ;)

2EAEA07E-3E26-469D-9736-6284F13760D6.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery (2022 Netflix)- I liked it, but it kind of lost it’s mystery half way though when the narrative started explaining and showing all the things the audience was unaware for the first half. Good to see Ed Norton back along with Dave Bautista, featuring elderly Daniel Craig. ;)

We watched Glass Onion last night. What fun! I think it was even better than the first one. Great cast. I’d still love to know what kind of accent that is that Craig affects for these movies - Yosemite Sam?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
We watched Glass Onion last night. What fun! I think it was even better than the first one. Great cast. I’d still love to know what kind of accent that is that Craig affects for these movies - Yosemite Sam?
No. It was Longhorn Leghorn. Yosemite Sam is more of a Western Accent. :D

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We're watching Jurassic Punk.

It's a fascinating documentary about animation transitioning from stop-motion clay modeling to pure digital at Industrial Light and Magic, starting with Terminator 2 and Jurassic Park. Steven "Spaz" Williams, Dennis Muren, Steven Spielberg, and others talk about the internal politics and hurdles going forward along with clips from the past.

Top Bottom
1 2