What Movie Are You Watching?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Top Gun: Maverick. I enjoyed it so much I turned around and watched the original Top Gun. What a fun blast from the past and I always enjoy all the aerial footage.

I've been in love with Monica Barbaro ever since I saw this a few years ago:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good,or bad, must see status: 81% Tomatometer

Watching Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” is like listening to your favorite band on their final tour: All killer, no filler (OK, maybe a little), the greatest hits mixed with new stuff that reminds you why they’re awesome in the first place, and a desire for the last song to never end.

Writer/director James Gunn's last mission in the superhero galaxy that made him famous – before he flies off to make the next Superman movie and honchos the DC universe – is a hilarious, heartbreaking, touching and rather wonderful close to an enjoyable trilogy. Gunn’s first “Guardians” in 2014 is one of the best Marvel projects ever, and “Vol. 3” (★★★½ out of four; rated PG-13; in theaters Friday) soars pretty close to its own high mark with a final outing with this lovably scrappy bunch of space misfits.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If it were solely up to me, I would be there tomorrow night. But the offspring asked if we can all go together when she comes in a couple of weeks from now.

So I guess I will wait.......
Depending on this last chapter, reported to be the end of James Gunn’s Guardians trilogy, if I had to pick just one, this likely will remain my favorite Marvel franchise. Directors have a huge impact on their film’s environment (not lecturing;)). Traveling to visit our son in Kansas this coming week, plan on seeing it after getting back after the rush,

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is now the ONLY Marvel franchise I will watch. Have to know too much backstory on the others.
Take it slow, I should assume you have seen these movies but if not, start out by watching Captain America the first Marvel movie to feature an infinity stone, an object involved with the creation of the universe and very powerful and which takes place in WWII. If it is worthy, then watch Captain Marvel which takes place in the 1980s and features the same Infinity Stone, the Tesseract.* No back story required. If these go well, get back to me. :D

*Referenced in later movies it is believed that Odin after a battle with the Frost Giants hid this stone in Norway on Earth so it would be difficult for them to find It. This is just trivia, but it is an explanation for why it would be stashed on Earth to be found by Nazis,

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Guardians Vol3- just saw it, going to give it a ”C”. As someone who loved the previous 2 volumes, I’m prepared to say it is a good movie, however, I won’t really know if it is possible to love until after I stream it For a second viewing.

76FF1823-5E7A-4A8F-8596-DF8C0AEFC689.jpeg

• All of the characters have evolved except maybe for Drax, which is ok by me. ;)
  • It‘s a departure from the previous volumes because it is dark involving genetic manipulation and torture, but not for tortures sake, but for science and the goals of one powerful individual Who wants to reshape the universe. Sound familiar? 🤔
  • It is so dark, most of the humor injected feels out of place. Some viewers will likely disagree with me about how dark it is.
  • The plot is fairly simple, but the implementation of elements is messy. I did not care for some of the choices made in writing regarding created species and civilizations.
  • There is one impressive choreographed CGI fight scene, if you can be impressed by that. :)
  • I did not like the more modern selection of music.
  • They did an excellent job of making it clear this is not the same Gamora that died in Infinity War.
  • If you remember the reference to Adam in the Vol2 post-credit scene, both he and Ayesha of the Sovereign are there.
Speculation about Vol4 :

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Re: Ghosted.....OMG that's time on my life I can never get back.
What I can't understand is how they can afford to pay the actors millions but can't seem to buy a decent script to save their lives, these made for streaming movies are almost all total crap with A list celebrities.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Re: Ghosted.....OMG that's time on my life I can never get back.

It wasn't THAT bad. LOL

I wouldn't have walked out had I been at the theater, but not one I will rewatch constantly either.

Take it slow, I should assume you have seen these movies but if not, start out by watching Captain America the first Marvel movie to feature an infinity stone, an object involved with the creation of the universe and very powerful and which takes place in WWII. If it is worthy, then watch Captain Marvel which takes place in the 1980s and features the same Infinity Stone, the Tesseract.* No back story required. If these go well, get back to me. :D

I think Captain American: Civil War was the last one I saw. It wasn't a CA movie, it was an Avenger's movie.

And it doesn't help that the offspring KNOWS IT ALL. She knows all the backstories and perhaps that is where things went south. She would talk about all these things that we had no clue about so it felt like we were always missing something.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It was for me! I almost quit 10 minutes in. I was seriously embarrassed for Chris. His acting was so over the top & trying too hard. The only reason I finished is because I was whomping tired and had melted into being one with my sofa, lol.
It was pretty much background noise for us after the first few minutes as well but we couldn't stand it, these huge names are just selling out IMO.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Captain America: Winter Soldier (Phase 2, 2014)- A prime story in the Avengers Eco-system, a redefinition of who the bad guys are, there are several characters who rise from the dead, outstanding aerial action sequences, including among the best GCI I’ve seen in a movie.

7733699F-127D-4341-AD28-EB6DD2460237.jpeg

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Captain America: Winter Soldier (Phase 2, 2014)- A prime story in the Avengers Eco-system, a redefinition of who the bad guys are, there are several characters who rise from the dead, outstanding aerial action sequences, including among the best GCI I’ve seen in a movie.

View attachment 23988
Sentimentally my favorite MCU film. It just was so much better than it should have been. The Russo brothers have entered the chat.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Morbius (2022)- Promising start sinks into waste of time territory. Two boys grow up with a blood disease, as an adult, one finds a cure involving vampire bats, and you might guess the rest. What disappointed me is that it became all about one with a moral basis trying to reign in the other who was akin to a sociopath drunk with power, becoming muddled and dark.

633BA53C-4619-488D-8E9B-25068B237B57.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Quantumania. Yikes, just isn’t good. Couldn’t hold my attention.
It lost its way from 1 and 2 imo. The quantum realm is not a good place for the story to be set as a primary location. Originally in the first movie the idea of shrinking to sub-atomic was interesting although I had to set aside all logical considerations, and not think about that as in how big are atoms and how can you continue to function if you shrink down to atom size? I just avoided thinking about it. ;)
Then Chap 3 came along and rubbed my nose in it, thinking that the quantum realm could be populated with all sorts of little people who live there, having tribal wars as a matter of routine was creative, but they did not succeed pulling it off Imo.

Top Bottom
1 2