WWDC 2024

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a bit and the answer (to me) depends on whether or not they rollout M4Pro and M4Max. If they do I expect the following:

1) iMac refresh to M4 standard.

2) iMac Pro with M4Pro and slight appearance change to support more cooling.

3) Mini, Studio and MBP refreshes to M4 spec - no other major changes.

I've speculated a bit about an updated Vision Pro that uses M4 and also has a more advanced power pack setup. But that is least likely.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I addition to the post right above (I'm looking for a new M4 Mac Mini), I think Apple will have more to say about AVP, and how some companies plan on using it.

There's a story today at the other place how Lowe's (home improvement store chain) will be using AVP with their customers for designing kitchen remodels. A brilliant idea, letting customers "walk through" multiple potential designs. Ideally that will result in Lowe's selling a lot more cabinets, granite tops, kitchen appliances, flooring, paint, etc.

Joelist

Power User
Reaction score
I would like to see them advance AVP also by having the eye displays be adjustible to conform to prescriptions, thus removing the need for special prescription lenses.

Altaic

Power User
Reaction score
probably. They do seem to have a lot of software stuff to talk about this year. Word is that it is going to be the biggest update for ios in a long time.

Separate events is also good - keeps them in the news all the time.
💯 concur - I’ll keep🤞

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
And one of the biggest hardware announcements they've ever made was at WWDC 2020: The switch to Apple Silicon Macs. [Though, granted, you could say that was both a hardware and a software announcement.]

theorist9

Site Champ
Reaction score
My prediction: Apple will be announcing a move from Apple Silicon to Apple Germanium, along with a roadmap showing how they will be moving diagonally downward through the periodic table.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My prediction: Apple will be announcing a move from Apple Silicon to Apple Germanium, along with a roadmap showing how they will be moving diagonally downward through the periodic table.

I’m sure there’s already a fairly high percentage of germanium in those substrates. Good for putting a hitch in the energy band so that you improve electron current by reducing electron-hole recombination.

What you want to do next is GaAs (gallium arsenide) or InP (indium phosphide).

I’m a lot of fun at parties.

Top Bottom
1 2