2021 NFL Season

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
End of an era. Tom Brady officially (this time for sure) retires. The GOAT is dead, next GOAT up! Mahome's, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow look to be the next up and coming for the AFC.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
End of an era. Tom Brady officially (this time for sure) retires. The GOAT is dead, next GOAT up! Mahome's, Josh Allen, and Joe Burrow look to be the next up and coming for the AFC.
I was starting to think Brady was going to pull a Favre. Glad he’s retiring.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Thought this was funny.

272899764_5606341639384632_1862472108122822321_n.jpg

Actually the first (and so far only) Superbowl I ever attended was in Pontiac, MI. 49'ers/Bengals 1. Wasn't the spectacle back then as it is now.

If we get moved to AZ by next fall, I will try to make it to the one in Glendale next year. Maybe the Cards can make it 3 for 3 of NFC teams playing the SB in their home stadium.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Brian Flores “pulls back the curtain” on the racially discriminatory behavior of the NFL.

Basically, the Giants brought Flores in for an interview, but had already decided to hire a white coach. They were only bringing Flores in to pretend they considered a non-white coach for the job. Flores found out because Belichick texted the wrong person congratulations on getting the job…

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Thought this was funny.

272899764_5606341639384632_1862472108122822321_n.jpg
LOL.

Brian Flores “pulls back the curtain” on the racially discriminatory behavior of the NFL….
Yes, and he’s now saying he was actually offered money to lose games. 😳

All this is a huge black eye on the NFL right before the Super Bowl.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
In other NFL news, Washington Football Team (also known as WTF WFT), is now the Commanders.

Not a bad name. But I was amused to read they were also considering calling themselves the Sentinels. That would have been interesting, especially if they could’ve gotten Falco at quarterback. 😂

1_j5qpJqLRlUCsSmc2CQI3Gg.jpeg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If that turns out to be the case, the NFL needs to remove Stephen Ross from ownership. Immediately.
A sham interview to pretend you are considering a black coach when you already offered the job to somebody else… no comment. But you’ll weigh in on paying a coach to lose a game being a fireable offense. Interesting. 🤔

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A sham interview to pretend you are considering a black coach when you already offered the job to somebody else… no comment. But you’ll weigh in on paying a coach to lose a game being a fireable offense. Interesting. 🤔

Well, let's face it. The Rooney Rule has created years of sham interviews, so that's not really news. Not how it should be, but more about how it is.

As far as Flores is concerned, he never should have been fired from the job he already had in the first place. I have been a Dolphin's fan since I was 6 and Ross is a horrible owner, so I want his ass gone by any means possible. That is the main reason I weighed in on that aspect. I wish Flores were still the coach and then ditch Tua.

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I sort of accidentally found myself watching Joe Borrow the last few weeks of the season as that was the game shown here in St. Louis, and man, is he fun to watch...and a lot like Allen and Mahomes. I hadn't been this interested in football in a long, long time (and have been rewarded for that interest with incredible playoff games).

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
If that turns out to be the case, the NFL needs to remove Stephen Ross from ownership. Immediately.
Agree completely here. Not that I expect it's gonna happen. Them owners is pretty tight.

Well, let's face it. The Rooney Rule has created years of sham interviews, so that's not really news.
It's one of those rules that sounded like a good idea at the time. The actual result was the same handful of black coaching candidates being shuttled around the country to jobs they knew they were unlikely to win, just so each team could have their token black candidate interview. The rule is an embarrassment and an insult to black coaches and assistants and they should ditch it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Agree completely here. Not that I expect it's gonna happen. Them owners is pretty tight.

It's one of those rules that sounded like a good idea at the time. The actual result was the same handful of black coaching candidates being shuttled around the country to jobs they knew they were unlikely to win, just so each team could have their token black candidate interview. The rule is an embarrassment and an insult to black coaches and assistants and they should ditch it.
I saw an interview today that indicated the rule itself isn’t the issue, but how it’s being used is.

The NFL, with all their “black national anthem” before the games, the “end racism” slogans on the field and on the helmets… is engaged in racist hiring practices behind the scenes.

They didn’t pay the price for blacklisting Kaepernick though, so they will probably coast through this episode unscathed too.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The NFL, with all their “black national anthem” before the games, the “end racism” slogans on the field and on the helmets… is engaged in racist hiring practices behind the scenes.
The NFL is not quite like a corporation, more like a big business co-op that has certain membership rules. To blame the league for the assholery of a given franchise may not be entirely reasonable. However, if the other teams tacitly accept that sort of behavior without denouncing it, that is a problem.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The NFL is not quite like a corporation, more like a big business co-op that has certain membership rules. To blame the league for the assholery of a given franchise may not be entirely reasonable. However, if the other teams tacitly accept that sort of behavior without denouncing it, that is a problem.
32 teams, only 1 black coach. 58% of the players are black. This is not just one franchise with a problem.

We know 32 teams refused to hire a QB who took his team to the Super Bowl because he took a knee to protest racism... and yet hired Blake Bortles. It is as plain as the nose on one's face.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
32 teams, only 1 black coach. 58% of the players are black. This is not just one franchise with a problem.

We know 32 teams refused to hire a QB who took his team to the Super Bowl because he took a knee to protest racism... and yet hired Blake Bortles. It is as plain as the nose on one's face.
The Green Bay Packers are essentially owned by the people of Wisconsin, shares in the team widely distributed. They are grandfathered in: the NFL prohibits public ownership of any other team. I think that is a problem, but league rules are "democratic", with the team owners acting as a sort of board of directors. They have gained significant success with this model. I do think, though, that their eminence is starting to wane.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers are essentially owned by the people of Wisconsin, shares in the team widely distributed. They are grandfathered in: the NFL prohibits public ownership of any other team. I think that is a problem, but league rules are "democratic", with the team owners acting as a sort of board of directors. They have gained significant success with this model. I do think, though, that their eminence is starting to wane.
The government considers the sports leagues to be trusts, akin to the railroad trusts of old. This means they need exceptions to anti-trust laws, meaning when nonsense like this comes to light, the commissioner and owners can be called to appear before Congress.

Top Bottom
1 2