2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

As for Biden/Trump 2.0, I think Trump takes it this time.

How do you figure that? Biden won the popular vote by more than 7 million.
If you look at many of Herdfan’s posts as mild trolling, they start to make more sense.

Trump doesn’t win a legitimate election, and I’d bet a paycheck he loses the popular election by even greater numbers than before. This is not a guy that gets more popular once you get to know him.

The big concern is how a few swing states manage their elections. That’s the shit that keeps me up at night.

Last edited:
At least Dems seem willing to come to the table for discussion. Rather than take off on some extended break or whatnot.

Before you assume to know my prefs, because you do seem to make a lot of assumptions on this board, I am neither R or D. But I most certainly believe in a woman's rights to govern what is done to her own body. I also believe in common sense gun reform, protecting our natural habitats and wildlife before it's too damn late. Which it may already be.

If that's "woke" or left leaning, then I'm proud to say I most assuredly am. Better that then some MAGA cult Kool-Aid® drinking sheep follower who doesn't give a rat's ass about anyone other than their own selfish selves.

The things you mentioned aren't even close to "woke".

And I am neither an R or D. But was a D, but am more of an L.

But since you mention women and woke, here is an example of woke. Referring to women as birthing persons or pregnant people. Or the concept that a trans woman needs to go to a gynocologist.

How do you figure that? Biden won the popular vote by more than 7 million. I realize swing states have a disproportional effect on the outcome because of an antiquated institution called the Electoral College, but Trump would still have to pull in new voters and/or convince Democrats to switch sides or sit this one out.

43,000 votes.

That is what Trump lost by. Flip that many votes in Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona and the EC is tied at 269-269. In which case, Trump probably wins.

That's how I figure that. ;)

And while we are at it, flip another 14,000 votes in GA and the GOP has the Senate and full control of Washington.

Really won't take much. The GOP voters will be fired up, but will the Dem's?

But since you mention women and woke, here is an example of woke. Referring to women as birthing persons or pregnant people. Or the concept that a trans woman needs to go to a gynocologist.
You realize that term is used only by the right, trying to make fun of the left…right? As for a trans woman needing a gynecologist - if that person did not have a complete hysterectomy, it’s still necessary, and that person can still get pregnant. That’s not woke, it’s just the fact of the matter.

I just can't wrap my head around this sort of obsession with other people's body parts and all that. Normal people just don't worry about this sort of thing but Republicans seem to live, eat and breathe what women or trans are doing with their bodies and how. Someone needs to tell y'all to just mind your own business and worry about your own body parts.

43,000 votes.

That is what Trump lost by. Flip that many votes in Wisconsin, Georgia and Arizona and the EC is tied at 269-269. In which case, Trump probably wins.

That's how I figure that. ;)

And while we are at it, flip another 14,000 votes in GA and the GOP has the Senate and full control of Washington.

Really won't take much. The GOP voters will be fired up, but will the Dem's?
I think independents will continue to skew toward Biden, as they have recently. I don't think there'll be many voters who classify themselves as R or D and have voted previously who will switch, which also applies to voters from both parties who usually stay at home. And, yes, I believe anyone - I, R, or D - who recognizes what an existential threat Trump poses will be fired up. Do you?

You realize that term is used only by the right, trying to make fun of the left…right? As for a trans woman needing a gynecologist - if that person did not have a complete hysterectomy, it’s still necessary, and that person can still get pregnant. That’s not woke, it’s just the fact of the matter.

No. A trans woman is a biological male. No chance in hell they are getting pregnant. That is the fact of the matter.

And yes it happens:

I just can't wrap my head around this sort of obsession with other people's body parts and all that. Normal people just don't worry about this sort of thing but Republicans seem to live, eat and breathe what women or trans are doing with their bodies and how. Someone needs to tell y'all to just mind your own business and worry about your own body parts.

Because if you expect me to refer to a pregnant mom-to-be as a birthing person and jump my shit because I won't, then yes it affects me.

The current administration for one:

Read the article. I saw no reference to the current administration. Did I miss it?

Because if you expect me to refer to a pregnant mom-to-be as a birthing person and jump my shit because I won't, then yes it affects me.
Not it doesn't, not in the least in any way shape or form. Try this, ignore the pregnant mom because it's actually none of our fkn business, nobody's, it's the mom and that's that. Why can't you simply leave them alone?

Read the article. I saw no reference to the current administration. Did I miss it?

From the article:

Ann Romney, the wife of Senator Mitt Romney, tweeted angrily in June, “The Biden administration diminishing motherhood to ‘birthing person’ is simply insulting to all moms.” It was the first time she had tweeted all year.

And this from Newsweek:

Not it doesn't, not in the least in any way shape or form. Try this, ignore the pregnant mom because it's actually none of our fkn business, nobody's, it's the mom and that's that. Why can't you simply leave them alone?

Yes it could. Just like accidentally misgendering someone.

People talk about pregnant women all the time. Could be friends, relatives, co-workers. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you just don’t know what will happen. Have you never had a conversation about someone who is pregnant?

Are you really willing to start referring to women as birthing persons?

Yes it could. Just like accidentally misgendering someone.

People talk about pregnant women all the time. Could be friends, relatives, co-workers. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person and you just don’t know what will happen. Have you never had a conversation about someone who is pregnant?

Are you really willing to start referring to women as birthing persons?
I'm willing to let them refer to themselves however they like because they are adult human beings. I'm just staring at these posts of yours dumbfounded by the level of Fascism you want to inflict on people you have absolutely no business legislating. Have Republicans nothing really better to do with their time than this petty shit?

I'm willing to let them refer to themselves however they like because they are adult human beings. I'm just staring at these posts of yours dumbfounded by the level of Fascism you want to inflict on people you have absolutely no business legislating. Have Republicans nothing really better to do with their time than this petty shit?

That didn't answer my question and I think you know it.

THEY can refer to THEMSELVES however THEY want. And you're correct, that doesn't affect me.

But I am not going to. And to try and force me to, does affect me.

I think you knew this all along and am not sure why you insisted on twisting what I wrote.

And you are free to refer to them as birthing persons if you want, but seem unwilling to say if you will or won't.

That didn't answer my question and I think you know it.
Call them devilpussies for all I care (seemed to be the most appropriate guess given your obvious hatred for them), that's not the point.

THEY can refer to THEMSELVES however THEY want. And you're correct, that doesn't affect me.

But I am not going to. And to try and force me to, does affect me.

I think you knew this all along and am not sure why you insisted on twisting what I wrote.

And you are free to refer to them as birthing persons if you want, but seem unwilling to say if you will or won't.
Yes, we know. You are going to apply your Fox News driven talking points... blah blah blah. The point I AM making is stop trying to legislate them with your twisted sense of norms. For a party who constantly cries about pronouns you all sure love labeling people.

Yes, we know. You are going to apply your Fox News driven talking points... blah blah blah. The point I AM making is stop trying to legislate them with your twisted sense of norms. For a party who constantly cries about pronouns you all sure love labeling people.

Where did I say anything about trying to legislate anything?

Twisted sense of norms? Calling a pregnant woman a "pregnant woman" instead of a "birthing person" is twisted?

This started off as a reply to a post about woke terms. I responded that the terms they posted were not woke, but the term birthing person was.

And somehow that became me hating and wanting to legislate something, although not really sure what. As for Fox news, I posted an article from The Atlantic (not anywhere close to FoxNews) about how the term is being used. And I'm pretty sure I didn't mention pronouns. I did use THEY, but that was simply a non-gender description of a group. People use THEY everyday without it having anything to do with trans or preferred pronouns.

So I will just say this. I had a mom. I would guess most of you all had "mom;s" as well. I am not going to reduce her memory by referring to her as my birthing person.

Back