2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

Yet there are posters on here who don't think Biden is declining.

I am skeptical of that assertion. Everybody is declining. My mother, at 91, is still very with it, though she has lost a step or two. The key points are that Joe the President
  • is not a freaking asshole, like every damn Republican challenging him
  • does not actually claim to be smart but does know how to pick smart people
  • wants, for the most part, Americans overall to have better lives, which does not seem to be the case for any Republican
  • listens to the people who understand stuff, not the people who are terrified by the people who understand stuff
  • does not appear to be crippled by a massive ego problem

I would much rather have him in the WH than any crazy-ass nihilistic Republican.

I am skeptical of that assertion. Everybody is declining. My mother, at 91, is still very with it, though she has lost a step or two. The key points are that Joe the President
  • wants, for the most part, Americans overall to have better lives, which does not seem to be the case for any Republican
  • listens to the people who understand stuff, not the people who are terrified by the people who understand stuff

I would much rather have him in the WH than any crazy-ass nihilistic Republican.
As long as someone like this bashes Biden while never acknowledging Trump they'll have zero credibility. You may as well be trying to convince Tucker Carlson or Ted Nugent.

I would add, Biden actually is very smart - it’s not just that he doesn’t broadcast it, but he actually is. The irony is stupid people don’t see it because they are… well, stupid. And he has humility.

Contrast that with the dumbest man in the room who’s convinced he’s the smartest.

I would add, Biden actually is very smart - it’s not just that he doesn’t broadcast it, but he actually is. The irony is stupid people don’t see it because they are… well, stupid. And he has humility.

Contrast that with the dumbest man in the room who’s convinced he’s the smartest.

And he's acquired decades of wisdom.

I would add, Biden actually is very smart - it’s not just that he doesn’t broadcast it

That is a classic sign of intelligence. The smartest people around are the ones who are not making a big deal of it. If you actually are smart, you realize that people will figure it out for themselves without being told, and anyway, if people think you are smart, they will be expecting more of you, and, being smart, you are well aware of how much you do not know.

Unsure of where to put this, but it’s good news for once. I saw the name in a notification and expected the worst, but its good to see…

Just makes me remember polls be damned, democrats are the party in a good spot. Look at our ambassadors…

Unsure of where to put this, but it’s good news for once. I saw the name in a notification and expected the worst, but its good to see…

Just makes me remember polls be damned, democrats are the party in a good spot. Look at our ambassadors…

That's good to hear. Carter is one of the good guys. He was a graduate of the Naval Academy in Annapolis, and served as an officer on several submarines. Sadly, he took an unfair political drubbing as president when Americans were taken hostage at the US Embassy in Iran, along with their failed attempted rescue in 1979. That benefitted Regan winning the 1980 presidential election, being aided by back-channel republican party members communicating with Iran to hold onto the hostages until after the election.

That's good to hear. Carter is one of the good guys. He was a graduate of the Naval Academy in Annapolis, and served as an officer on several submarines. Sadly, he took an unfair political drubbing as president when Americans were taken hostage at the US Embassy in Iran, along with their failed attempted rescue in 1979. That benefitted Regan winning the 1980 presidential election, being aided by back-channel republican party members communicating with Iran to hold onto the hostages until after the election.

Yeah, but it’s a footnote on his legacy, really. Whereas with other individual (1’s), the fact they were a bad president (absolute worst ever, really) will also be a footnote, but the rest of their legacy will be far worse.

Biden going full Trump back in the day, you may have to click to launch but he was busted lying in a huge way. Just wow.

Greenshot 2023-10-01 09.27.15.png

Biden going full Trump back in the day, you may have to click to launch but he was busted lying in a huge way. Just wow.

He has been making up stories like this for years. He gets called out, but keeps telling them.

On a different tangent, looks like Kennedy is going to run as an independent. Not sure who he might hurt more, but I suspect it will be the Dems because a lot of older Dems will remember is father and uncle and vote for him based on that.

Good luck, Mr. Dean Phillips. I will put his name on the fridge - along with a description of who he is - so if Biden dies, I will see the name with the description of who he is, and consider voting for him.

Now we have a guy named Cenk stepping up to challenge Joe the President for the Democratic nomination. I see his chances as somewhere between none and less than that.

He claims there is case law that establishes that he, a man born in Istanbul, to Turkish parents, is not ineligible to hold an office restricted to natural born citizens. Some people – Bernie-bro-types – may be inclined to toss a vote his way. Almost no one else will want to risk a constitutional challenge on such a scale. Maybe mischief-seeking R stealth crossover voters.

Given how they treated a guy with a funny name born in Hawaii, I’d rather not have a guy who’s life story fits the birther conspiracy.

Now we have a guy named Cenk stepping up to challenge Joe the President for the Democratic nomination. I see his chances as somewhere between none and less than that.

He claims there is case law that establishes that he, a man born in Istanbul, to Turkish parents, is not ineligible to hold an office restricted to natural born citizens. Some people – Bernie-bro-types – may be inclined to toss a vote his way. Almost no one else will want to risk a constitutional challenge on such a scale. Maybe mischief-seeking R stealth crossover voters.

He thinks he can pressure Biden to not be old...or something. Good luck with that. Heard an interview with him, pretty unhinged. According to his data Trump is absolutely going to crush it if Biden is the nominee.

Who could have stopped it all in 5 minutes had he chosen to.
Do you mean Obama could have stopped the birther conspiracy? Since when do the people who believe Trump's lies accept evidence? If so many leading politicians, including the new Speaker of the House, are still publicly on the stolen election bandwagon, what does that mean for the future of the country?

Back