2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

I refer you to the autumn of 2016.
I'll refer you back to 2020, how does he win those people he lost back as a corrupt felon who may actually be in prison? I don't mean tainted Republicans, I mean those in the middle who make or break elections. IMO the jury in this last trial represents normal non-nutjob crazy eyed Trump people. He has to win them over, so how does he do it?

I don't mean tainted Republicans, I mean those in the middle who make or break elections.

I think it's trump playing into peoples' fears and stirring up hate, a lot of which is lurking below the surface. And convincing people he's the ONLY ONE who can set the country right (ha, right - that was unintentional).

Kind of like what hitler did in the 1930s.

I'll refer you back to 2020, how does he win those people he lost back as a corrupt felon who may actually be in prison? I don't mean tainted Republicans, I mean those in the middle who make or break elections. IMO the jury in this last trial represents normal non-nutjob crazy eyed Trump people. He has to win them over, so how does he do it?

There was a project started in '19, a broad effort to insure the legitimacy of the upcoming election. A lot of people worked behind the scenes to make everything go down smoothly. This was a huge reason that team-ShitGibbon experienced some sixty losses in courts of law.

Today, the Autocracy Party is somewhat aware of why the got reamed in '20. They do not need to win those votes back, they need to unlose the other votes. Dent some stuff here, spill some stuff over there, strategically damage the system just enough to make it go TILT and spit out the desired result. Beat team-Fair-Elections and the country is their'n.

But they failed. And now almost anyone can find a CU they can join. So what is stopping them?

No, they did not fail. You can go into any bank and open an account, or maybe get a loan. You cannot just walk into any random CU and join: you are required to have some sort of connection, be it employer or county of residence or guild, there are still restrictions on joining a CU. And CUs have limited range: if you have Key or WF or somesuch, you can find an ATM a thousand miles from home that does not charge you a usage fee, but credit unions, not so much. The banks only pretended to lose.

We will see what resonates more with voters (who Trump is already laying the groundwork to undermine); Biden’s backwards hard hat and Hunter Biden, or Trump and his rape and 91 felonies and increasing erosion of his mental faculties and sanity, which were on Trump U-level shaky ground to begin with.

Trump is already laying the groundwork for The Big Lie 2.0, hopefully it rings more like a direct to home video release than a blockbuster this time, the first one was enough.

Trump on the ballot will be great for democrats down ballot.

I still think a third party candidacy hurts Trump more than Biden. It would be interesting to see play out, but I imagine it would be a lot like 1992. Ross Perot did very well, and an incumbent was unseated, but at the expense of the conservative. We also had 12 years of republican rule... different dynamics of the time, but I still think it ends the same - a third party may siphon votes from both, but more from the conservatives.

Not showing anyone. But for some undecided voter who isn't plugged in on a daily basis, he looks like a clown who doesn't know how to wear a hardhat.
Yes, the GOP is showing us... https://www.ergodyne.com/skullerz-8970-premium-cap-style-hard-hat-class-e

1706538048283.png

I still think a third party candidacy hurts Trump more than Biden. It would be interesting to see play out, but I imagine it would be a lot like 1992. Ross Perot did very well, and an incumbent was unseated, but at the expense of the conservative. We also had 12 years of republican rule... different dynamics of the time, but I still think it ends the same - a third party may siphon votes from both, but more from the conservatives.
Some would argue that Al Gore would've been president had Nader not siphoned critical votes. If it's a really close election it could have an impact.

He sure has kept the name E. Jean Carroll out of his mouth and off his "Truth" Social feed the last few days.

Seems lard-ass can get the message.

He sure has kept the name E. Jean Carroll out of his mouth and off his "Truth" Social feed the last few days.

Seems lard-ass can get the message.
Look at what it cost him. Rumors are swirling that he's losing everything he has, we should know more this week.

Some would argue that Al Gore would've been president had Nader not siphoned critical votes. If it's a really close election it could have an impact.

I'm not certain which party would suffer worse should Manchin enter the race.

Biden's walking gait is getting progressively worse. In some event two days ago it was an obvious shuffle and can't say for sure if his shoes left the ground when walking. His speech is similarly less well formed (with him sometimes appearing confused) than it was just a couple months ago.

Contrast that with Manchin's optics. Even at his age of 76, he appears fit, alert, smart, thoughtful, has a calm demeanor (doesn't need to shout, a rarity, as opposed to trump/Biden), and represents his constituents of West Virginia well.

I think there are Dems having major concerns about Biden and would vote for Manchin believing he could win (or simply voting their conscience), but not fully understanding how that could work for trump.

And of course there are some Repubs who actually believe in the Constitution, Democracy, and rule of law who could never again vote for trump, and would prefer Manchin over Biden (especially with his physical degradation), which could work for trump.

Look at what it cost him. Rumors are swirling that he's losing everything he has, we should know more this week.

77, 78 and 82. I guess that makes Manchin the youngest. Does not seem to make the statement of "We want younger" - Manchin does look healthier, but... will he look the same after a term?

Trump would again be the oldest president in US history to assume office, and Manchin would probably be second oldest, I believe. Biden would also top his own record.

If I were Biden, I'd just say "Yeah, I'm old. I also know what caused slavery and I know the difference between Nikki Haley and Nancy Pelosi, and even if I didn't, I still have enough faculties to know neither is to blame for Jan. 6." He's old, but fine. If he kicked the bucket while in office, I'm much more happy with Kamala Harris than I would be whatever hand-picked successor Trump would pick.

The rest of America seems no more intent on picking someone younger than anyone else, so if the go with someone else four or five years younger than Biden (who will practically be the same age as him during their term), they'll just have to pick who they prefer the most on the ballot. Joe Manchin is tolerated by democrats (I still like him more than not), but Americans have short memories, and I see more republicans defecting to him. Taken on a state by state national level, he'll cost Trump more EC votes than he will Biden.

Of course, I could bet totally wrong and cursing Joe Manchin in a few months. :ROFLMAO:

Third parties need to stay the hell out of the 2024 election and start hitting hard the day after in preparation for the 2028 election. Regardless of if Biden or Trump wins, it will be their last time in office. 2028 will be ripe for new faces and new parties.

Third parties need to stay the hell out of the 2024 election and start hitting hard the day after in preparation for the 2028 election. Regardless of if Biden or Trump wins, it will be their last time in office. 2028 will be ripe for new faces and new parties.
If Trump wins, he probably will claim he should be President until he dies and one of his spawn will take over, just like any monarchy.

The Ds have Tay-Tay getting her horde to register and, hopefully vote. The RW does not have an answer for the spinning anti-MAGAt, other than, "eww, she awful."

Back