2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

I already posted this (in this same thread for those paying attention). See, we are able to laugh at our guy. Your guy has 91 felonies topped with a count of sexual assault, let's see you address that with the same vigor. Go ahead, I'll wait.

First, not my guy (more later), but at the same time, he has not been convicted of anything. When he has been, I will be more than willing to revisit this.

I did not notice that it was backwards until someone pointed it out. The majority of Americans never wear a hard hat, so it will not register with them, and they may well be indifferent to the optics of it.

While I agree, when this happened my FB feed was full of pics of it and people commenting. So even if you aren't following and you see a post from a friend of this, now you know.

No, they did not fail. You can go into any bank and open an account, or maybe get a loan. You cannot just walk into any random CU and join: you are required to have some sort of connection, be it employer or county of residence or guild, there are still restrictions on joining a CU. And CUs have limited range: if you have Key or WF or somesuch, you can find an ATM a thousand miles from home that does not charge you a usage fee, but credit unions, not so much. The banks only pretended to lose.

But it is much easier now than it used to be. For example, AZ One CU only requires that you live, work, study or even worship in AZ. And they have 20+ locations in the state. So if you want to join a CU, you probably can.

A for effort, F for execution. ;)

It isn't backwards because of the bill. It is backwards because of the tension knob.

1706569217827.png

Manchin possibly entering the race as an independent could muddy things up.

I am putting my eggs in this basket. I think he would make a great President. I know many of you hate him because he sidetracked some of Biden's agenda, but he wasn't elected to promote Biden's agenda, he was elected to represent the people of WV.

But having watched him at the state level, he could be one of the great Presidents of my lifetime.

First, not my guy (more later), but at the same time, he has not been convicted of anything. When he has been, I will be more than willing to revisit this.
Until you stop defending him while bashing Biden, who (himself) is guilty of nothing more than pissing you guys off with his agenda, you'll forgive me for saying this rings hollow. He's your guy until your actions say otherwise IMO.

Also

Until you stop defending him while bashing Biden, who (himself) is guilty of nothing more than pissing you guys off with his agenda, you'll forgive me for saying this rings hollow. He's your guy until your actions say otherwise IMO.

Also

Ok, how about I hope something happens between now and the convention so he can't run.

But support of which ever candidate I choose is not relevant to my bashing Biden. He IS the President and is a train wreck. One has nothing to do with the other.

Ok, how about I hope something happens between now and the convention so he can't run.

But support of which ever candidate I choose is not relevant to my bashing Biden. He IS the President and is a train wreck. One has nothing to do with the other.
Fair enough but will disagree that he’s a train wreck, IMO he’s done great with what he has and I like that he’s not a maniacal sociopath.

Here we just have a difference of opinion on policy, a debate I’m always happy to have.

If Biden is a train wreck, then what the actual **** is Trump, and the entire congressional GOP for that matter?

You don’t like his policies. Where is the train wreck? At the border that is so in dire need of fixing that republicans are going to kill a deal they demanded to wait for a future event that may not happen (Trump winning) just so they can give him the credit?

Please. What a joke. If Biden is a train wreck, then Reagan and Trump are probably objectively the worst presidents in American history.

If Biden is a train wreck, then what the actual **** is Trump, and the entire congressional GOP for that matter?

You don’t like his policies. Where is the train wreck? At the border that is so in dire need of fixing that republicans are going to kill a deal they demanded to wait for a future event that may not happen (Trump winning) just so they can give him the credit?

Please. What a joke. If Biden is a train wreck, then Reagan and Trump are probably objectively the worst presidents in American history.
I think that's just how Republicans see him because they don't like his policies, so the personal attacks ensue and that's something we all do. In this case though we've never seen "actual" corruption to the level Trump has taken it, to the point that those defending it seem like angry clueless people who are mostly ignorant.

They're holding their nose and backing him, yet you never see them step and ask for a better candidate. They're stuck with him and have nobody but themselves to blame. From what I can see they'll never let go and he'll have to pass away before another more sane candidate will ever be considered. It's sad to see what they've become as a party.

Why does Biden need the Republicans to do anything with regard to the border? Are there not current laws that would solve the crisis? He only cares now because polling is showing him weak in this area. Wait until the truckers get there and bring lots of attention to the issue.

Sanctuary cities are now complaining. What happened to them welcoming immigrants?

Why does Biden need the Republicans to do anything with regard to the border? Are there not current laws that would solve the crisis? He only cares now because polling is showing him weak in this area. Wait until the truckers get there and bring lots of attention to the issue.

Sanctuary cities are now complaining. What happened to them welcoming immigrants?
Dude, how many posts have you made bashing Biden here about the border? (hint, search is your friend) and now that bipartisan legislation is actually on the table you want to yank it, why, just to hit Biden? Or was it because your de facto leader Trump wills it so?

Seriously man, you've never seen a more sorry ass bunch of hypocrites. Those Republicans who have worked with Democrats should be commended though, these are the ones thinking about the country and not just scorting political hits.

And republicans only care about the border because they can hit Biden over the head with it. Seeing as they got a deal they asked for, everyone is on board except Trump and his acolytes, what does it matter if its for political expediency?

I could just as easily ask you that if the border is such a crisis, how big of a crisis can it be if republicans are willing to trash a deal probably 60-75% of their caucus would vote for just to appease the boss (Trump)?

If you tell me you're drowning and I come to your rescue, but you tell me you'd rather wait for Trump to rescue you, I question if you're really drowning.

The reason people in sanctuary cities are upset is because republican governors are shipping immigrants off and upsetting the normal ebb and flow of things. To be clear, I've seen a lot of blatant racism against hispanics from the black community in this mixup, and it angers me. We can talk about the border and other issues, but there is no defending not passing this deal. It's not a deal I necessarily agree with, btw - but that's what compromise is.

Republicans in congress are the biggest whiny group of do-nothing, unserious morons I've ever seen in any governing body, that includes mid-management at most mundane minimum-wage jobs People with the competency of house GOP members wouldn't make it as a shift manager at Burger King.

Taylor Swift is a D psyop, and if KC (her boyfriend's team) wins the super bowl over the 49ers, we know the fix is in for November. Nevermind the fact that Kansas City is in the heart of Deep Red America, hundreds of miles from any blue states (well, ok, Omaha did cast 1 EV for Joe) while San Francisco is the bluest of the blue. CTs are not required to make sense.

Taylor Swift is a D psyop, and if KC (her boyfriend's team) wins the super bowl over the 49ers, we know the fix is in for November. Nevermind the fact that Kansas City is in the heart of Deep Red America, hundreds of miles from any blue states (well, ok, Omaha did cast 1 EV for Joe) while San Francisco is the bluest of the blue. CTs are not required to make sense.

Democrats and entertainers should play into it. Pretend it was all part of a conspiracy, go along with it like its a real-life SNL skit. It will irritate and agitate them to no end.

Donald Trump is going to face psychological warfare - its already starting. Remember, he can't defame E. Jean Carroll and has to be cautious about what he says. However, Nikki Haley, Joe Biden or anyone else can constantly remind him he was found to have raped her, found to have defamed her, and owes her a shit-ton of cash. And they can say it over and over in any way they wish. That's just scratching the surface.

They'll have to come up with many, many more creative conspiracies before the year is up.

Dude, how many posts have you made bashing Biden here about the border? (hint, search is your friend) and now that bipartisan legislation is actually on the table you want to yank it, why, just to hit Biden? Or was it because your de facto leader Trump wills it so?

Seriously man, you've never seen a more sorry ass bunch of hypocrites. Those Republicans who have worked with Democrats should be commended though, these are the ones thinking about the country and not just scorting political hits.

My point is he doesn't need legislation. Plenty of laws already on the books. He just needs to look like he is doing something.

A new law won't do any good if they don't enforce it any better than existing ones.

My point is he doesn't need legislation. Plenty of laws already on the books. He just needs to look like he is doing something.

A new law won't do any good if they don't enforce it any better than existing ones.
Your point is "now" but until Trump gave you these new marching orders you were demanding legislation.

Gotta ask what your issue with bipartisan legislation is, I mean is there any universe where you would agree that both sides should actually work on something for the better of everyone?

Your point is "now" but until Trump gave you these new marching orders you were demanding legislation.

Gotta ask what your issue with bipartisan legislation is, I mean is there any universe where you would agree that both sides should actually work on something for the better of everyone?

For one, I think the trigger points are too low. 5000 a day is 150,000 a month. Too low. How about we just shut it down completely.

What issue I have is that we are being overrun at the southern border and the current administration had done nothing to enforce existing laws.

For one, I think the trigger points are too low. 5000 a day is 150,000 a month. Too low. How about we just shut it down completely.

How about we find ways to welcome and employ many of them?

trump was masterful in his "othering" of people who aren't white (or not Christian), getting the population stirred up and hating them. At least the republican portion of the population, anyway.

Heaven forbid when in the future they become citizens and could turn out to be Democrats.

Bottom line is that anything where both sides agree right now hurts Trump, his message is of division, not unity. Most Republicans are shameless assholes how put party before country on literally every issue.

trump was masterful in his "othering" of people who aren't white (or not Christian), getting the population stirred up and hating them. At least the republican portion of the population, anyway.

Heaven forbid when in the future they become citizens and could turn out to be Democrats.

Fine. But there is a process for this already in the law. Want to be a citizen then follow the law.

Want to adjust the numbers, fine, but that is a discussion for another day.

Bottom line is that anything where both sides agree right now hurts Trump, his message is of division, not unity. Most Republicans are shameless assholes how put party before country on literally every issue.

I guess you didn't hear Omar saying Somalia first, Islam second. Wonder where the Dem party or even the people of MN rank?

But both sides do this. Acting as just the GOP does it is disingenuous.

I guess you didn't hear Omar saying Somalia first, Islam second. Wonder where the Dem party or even the people of MN rank?

But both sides do this. Acting as just the GOP does it is disingenuous.
WTF does this remotely have to do with this? JFC man, put your nonsensical partisan bullshit aside and try to comprehend that BOTH SIDES came to an agreement here, Trump doesn't like it, and now you don't like it after screaming for them to act. You have zero shame man.

Joe the President spoke a little to the one drum I have been beating on for years. He made like one or two comments, not very loudly, but at least he made mention of the home countries of the immigrants, and how we do have the resources to give them a leg up, so that a large fraction of the immigrants could be comfortable staying there.

He rested his hand on my cymbal, though: the US has put a lot of effort into sowing chaos and upheaval in central and south America, and it really is our responsibility to help the people who have suffered because we fucked up their country. Of course, never say that to a Republican, as "responsibility" is a word they throw around with no comprehension of what it actually means. Kind of like with "morality".

Back