All things Fox News

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s far easier to con someone than it is to convince someone that they’ve been conned.
That’s part of it … the other part is that well … when you meet your old friend for dinner and he’s, as always, really nice to you but horrible to the waiter it’s more likely that in fact he isn’t all that nice a person. “Otherwise decent” sometimes means not actually decent at all.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
...when in reality if they ditched him and grabbed on to a sane and worthy candidate they would likely start winning elections again.

Do you think? I'm not so sure. They (the craziest in their party) don't want the truth. They want validation for all the crazy shit they believe. It's like saying if you showed flat-earthers actual evidence of our planet being a sphere, they'd change their ways. Except that's not how it works. If the republicans pick someone sane, they might get some more people on their side. But they'd also loose a bunch as well I think. I think a lot of bugs that came crawling out in 2016 to support their guy would go back to not voting. They can't pick a good politician and retain the support from the bottom of the barrel crowd.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
If you want to listen in on the trial, which should resume in a couple minutes for opening arguments, you can dial in:

(774) 258-6500

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I do wonder how many of you with spouses or daughters would honestly be OK with them going into a locker room and having a biological male walk around with their junk out. Sadly I expect most of the answers to be that "it doesn't happen".
Right back at you, Stop watching Fox.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
A billion oughta cover it.

Whatever the settlement is, Dominion did us all a favor. I’m glad Fox got drug through the mud - wait, actually disinfected with sunlight - and were not able to muscle out like they probably thought they would be.

Maybe this will give them pause before knowingly going along with lies to help their preferred candidate.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Whatever the settlement is, Dominion did us all a favor. I’m glad Fox got drug through the mud - wait, actually disinfected with sunlight - and were not able to muscle out like they probably thought they would be.

Maybe this will give them pause before knowingly going along with lies to help their preferred candidate.
I was sort of looking forward to forcing their pundits to actually testify so people could hear them admit to lying even though their viewers couldn't care less.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was sort of looking forward to forcing their pundits to actually testify so people could hear them admit to lying even though their viewers couldn't care less.
Oh don't forget that there's the Smartmatic case just around the corner. They may choose to settle too, but they may not. So there's still a chance.

There’s still the Smartmatic lawsuit, which is even more problematic for Fox…

beat me by just a second ... :)

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Over 3/4 of a billion dollars, and admitting that some of the claims were false..

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
"Fox … settled … for $787.5 million" (about half what was sought)

"We acknowledge the court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects Fox's continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards. We are hopeful that our decision to resolve this dispute with Dominion amicably, instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial, allows the country to move forward from these issues," Fox said in a statement that was read on air on Fox News.

The BS, they just cannot turn off the tap.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Over 3/4 of a billion dollars, and admitting that some of the claims were false..

I’m guessing there is also a “you keep your mouth shut about Dominion for now on” clause.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
"Fox … settled … for $787.5 million" (about half what was sought)

"We acknowledge the court's rulings finding certain claims about Dominion to be false. This settlement reflects Fox's continued commitment to the highest journalistic standards. We are hopeful that our decision to resolve this dispute with Dominion amicably, instead of the acrimony of a divisive trial, allows the country to move forward from these issues," Fox said in a statement that was read on air on Fox News.

The BS, they just cannot turn off the tap.
I wish they did not settle. fox's viewers will never know.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wish they did not settle. fox's viewers will never know.
Yeah pity there wasn’t a “your on air personalities (they certainly aren’t journalists) have to go on air and open their regular shows by saying they lied and apologize to the audience for lying” clause (yes I know most of the audience tunes in because they want to be lied to but still). Probably too much to expect. Oh well. There’s always holding out hope for round 2!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Actually this is bullshit. Murdock has a long history of settling. I think I heard close to a half billion collectively before this. Imagine how bad/evil you have to be to determine forking over a half billion (plus whatever this settlement is) is the best option and it affects your life and empire by a factor of zero. This is just another example of a completely unequal and unfair justice system for those at the top.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There’s still the Smartmatic lawsuit, which is even more problematic for Fox…

One of the reasons it was believed Fox would never settle in this case is because it would mean they’d have to fork over even more to Smartmatic to settle. And the lawsuits and settlements will just keep coming once this pattern is set.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The case settled.
ctw63cs1hpua1.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2