Cats

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's start a cats thread.

My youngest cat pissed in my shoes last night. Not around it. Not over it. In them. When I went to pick 'em up to get ready for work, it was a pool of cat urine. That's how my morning started.

Oh dear. What did you do to, erm, piss him off? My black cat went through a phase where he peed on the stove any time I left something on it. He was fine if it was clean, but if I dared leaving so much as a frying pan...bam! He’s, thankfully, decided it’s no longer an affront to felinehood if I leave something there.

The kitten is just insane. I had groceries delivered yesterday, and they came in brown paper bags for a (welcomed) change. Butterball Dingleberry really liked them, and this is where I found him when I headed to bed last night.

01A9716E-D9B1-404D-BE56-6F02A7617EDD.jpeg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Let's start a cats thread.

My youngest cat pissed in my shoes last night. Not around it. Not over it. In them. When I went to pick 'em up to get ready for work, it was a pool of cat urine. That's how my morning started.

Is it part Siamese? When I was an au pair in SF for a year after I finished college and was at conservatory, the man of the house kept his bedroom and dressing room doors sealed against one of the three Siamese whom he otherwise adored. The one had this thing about peeing in his shoes. He didn't trust the rest of them on that score then either.

My cats never messed with anyone's shoes as far as I know, but my elkhound managed to destroy half of several different (of course!) pairs of expensive Brazilian leather shoes, and the same dog spent an evening first licking and eventually chewing on the sheepskin in a friend's jacket that had been dropped on a piano bench. As such things always go, that dog, although purebred, had been free to me... but ended up costing me a bundle now and then, gee.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I dunno. I've seen some pretty mean cats in my day.

Cat next door at my in-laws was named Killer, and I thought it was bc she was emphatically rude and threatening to other cats that encroached on her turf (like my then little kitty next door). She also went after rabbits, leaving the paws and tails on my in-laws' back patio as proof of more than just concept. But it was actually because she used to get up on the shoulders of any stray dog and ride its terrified ass back down the driveway it had been incautious enough to explore. She was some piece of work.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Me too, but ducks are bad.

I live in a small town with a river running through it. It’s a total bird show out there and I’ve observed much duck behavior. Compared to other birds, that quack they utter really sells a sense of personality. It’s good marketing.

Also, a parent duck with a row of tiny ducks following behind is just too endearing. If ducks didn’t exist, you’d have to write them.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Compared to other birds, that quack they utter really sells a sense of personality. It’s good marketing.

Maybe they can loan their PR guys to doves. Those are the dumbest creatures ever. I watch them walk between the peanuts so they can peck a random seed and then jump when another bird flaps its wings. I’m never sure if they’re really dumb or just stoned.

Top Bottom
1 2