COVID Stupid

I am waiting till some American idiot uses the india idea of cow urine and poop to cure covid.

Last edited:
"I don't trust the vaccine, I don't know what's in it!"
"I'll poison myself and take cow deworming meds instead!"

FFS I can't take these people's stupidity anymore! 🤬

Fuck these people so hard. They are literally the reason this pandemic is still going and why we can't have nice things.

But the decision of getting the vaccine or keeping your job is a decision some people are going to have to make.

Yeah and some of those people will blame Democrats for their having to make that decision, even though it was Trump and Trump's hijacked piece of the GOP that made the pandemic and vaccines and lockdowns and masking into a thoroughly politicized bundle of misinformation that has stuck the USA with the developed world's biggest, loudest, most stubborn and irrational anti-public-health contingent.

Why are Republican leaders at the national level not standing up and yelling about not taking de-woming medication as an anti-covid measure?! They are who allowed this misinformation bandwagon to get rolling and keep on rolling, it's up to them to call a halt to it. The well of public discourse is too poisoned by now for right leaning anti-science Americans to take suggestions from the Biden administration on these issues..

Some of the really vocal anti-science Americans, past not listening, are also just trolls who should be shut down by peer pressure from responsible people on the right, not the left. The left may as well save its breath on covid-related idiocy-level misinformation at this point.

Yes,

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1428946935155765248/

some of us have learned this. Not enough to make a change though.

We are losing a fair bit of those people who don't want to learn this.
Thanks for this. I have a couple thoughts along these lines too.

Greenhouse gases were greatly reduced during the pandemic… if more people work from home, that can help reduce pollution.

Eviction moratoriums have been in place for over a year and landlords are not bankrupt.

Government assistance to the needy went straight into boosting economic output.

We can create a vaccine for a novel virus in less than a year, but we cannot do much about human stupidity and mob mentality.

Quick reminder

Stupid doesn't happen in vacuum. It often has help

A news story suggesting the COVID-19 vaccine may have been involved in a doctor's death was the most viewed link on Facebook in the U.S. in the first three months of the year.

But Facebook held back from publishing a report with that information, the company acknowledged on Saturday.

The social media giant prepared the report about the most widely viewed posts on its platform from January through March of 2021, but decided not to publish it "because there were key fixes to the system we wanted to make," spokesperson Andy Stone tweeted on Saturday.

The New York Times first reported the existence of the shelved report on Friday, two days after Facebook published a similar report about top posts from the second quarter. Facebook executives debated about publishing the earlier report but decided to withhold it over concerns it would make the company look bad, the Times reported.

Facebook has come under pressure from the Biden administration and other critics who argue it hasn't done enough to curb the spread of misinformation about the pandemic and vaccines.

"We're guilty of cleaning up our house a bit before we invited company. We've been criticized for that; and again, that's not unfair," Stone wrote on Saturday. He said the company had decided to release the previously unpublished first-quarter report because of the interest it had sparked.

But Stone also emphasized that the article raising questions about possible connections between the vaccine and death illustrated "just how difficult it is to define misinformation."
But Stone also emphasized that the article raising questions about possible connections between the vaccine and death illustrated "just how difficult it is to define misinformation."

While Facebook bars posts that contain false information about COVID and vaccines or that discourage people from getting vaccinated, it takes the position that it's more effective to allow people to discuss potential risks and questions about health, rather than banning such content.

The article, written by the South Florida Sun Sentinel and republished by the Chicago Tribune, was headlined "A 'healthy' doctor died two weeks after getting a COVID-19 vaccine; CDC is investigating why." The article was factual. When it was originally published in January, it noted that no link had been found between the shot and the Miami doctor's death. (The page now carries an update from April saying the medical examiner said there wasn't enough evidence to conclude whether the vaccine played a role in the doctor's death.)

Many news outlets covered the story, but the Tribune link gained the most traction on Facebook: it was viewed by nearly 54 million U.S. users between January and March, according to the company's report.

Experts who study online platforms say these kinds of stories present challenges for social media companies, because while they do not break the platforms' rules against posting false information about COVID and vaccines, they are often used by anti-vaccination advocates to advance misleading narratives and fuel doubt in vaccines.

The Tribune link was shared on the social network by several accounts that regularly raise doubts about vaccination, according to Crowdtangle, a research tool owned by Facebook.

In March, NPR found that on almost half of all the days so far in 2021, a story about someone dying after receiving a vaccine shot was among the most popular vaccine-related articles on social media, according to data from the media intelligence company NewsWhip. The Tribune link about the Florida doctor topped that list.

"Hmmm, our own research shows we don't publish much misinformation. Oh that? We left that bit of misinformation off our research."

🤨

So this happened in Alabama, where hospitals are filled to capacity and they're turning sick people away now.

He can‘t deliver the message, because he cares more about applause than anything else. Once the crowd booed him, he immediately backtracked and went with the free-dumb stuff:

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," he said, drawing boos from the crowd of supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," Trump continued, brushing off the disapproval. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working. You do have your freedoms, you have to maintain that."
He could have told them they are endangering others, the doctors, the hospital workers, first responders… nope. Just pander to the morons in the crowd. What a piece of shit he is.

…aaaand Darwin wins again.

The more Darwin Awards the better. It’s the only way for the “this bug is dangerous” message to make an impression on the dim witted, politically blinded, although the extra stupid may just be out of luck. You know in some Southern States we have idiots unwilling to take a tested and proven vaccine, but instead opt to swallow worm medication for horses and cows because some profit told them it was safer? Drink up idiots! 👀

Maybe the voter suppression efforts will be a wash countered by those who died from COVID/those who survived that first hand loss, and those who woke the fuck up their party’s Jim Jones style messaging "They will always be coming for us and our free society. We’d be better off dead."

Are you all really rooting for people to die?
I always struggle with this personally, I would never advocate for anyone's death just because I have a different political belief. A good example is Rush Limbaugh, did he deserve to die because I have a different political view? Absolutely not and I have never supported that sort of language.

On the other hand I hear my wife say "If they refuse the vaccine and die as a result then so be it", which I also really disagree with. However, unlike cancer or some other heinous disease, dying from COVID is now nearly 100% avoidable for those who choose to vaccinate. It's REALLY hard to understand why people would take such risks.

Back