FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

I don't think Trump will be granted this special master to review the items taken from his home, but even if he was, he'd just attack the special master if things don't turn out his way.

"A VERY PARTISAN hack was appointed as "special master" to review the items taken from my beautiful home. This very unqualified and partisan attorney - who was a big fan of Obama and Crooked Hillary - also worked for the FBI under slipper James Comey. Just another chapter in the biggest witch hunt our country has ever seen!"

Delay, attack, project. Wash, rinse, repeat. Luckily, I don't see this working out for Trump the way he thinks it will.
It's all about delay, delay, delay. He can't justify possession of those docs. He can't excuse his continued thumbing his nose at the polite, respectful requests to have those illegally held docs. He has the goal of only delaying any case till the GQP is back in control of at least one chamber to thwart justice further.

To summarize Trump's shifting responses for hoarding the material at Crime-A-Lago:

o All the documents were returned. (a lie)
o I have documents but I declassified them. (not true, besides some were beyond his power to declassify)
o Those highly classified documents were planted by the FBI. (so dozens of FBI and DOJ people got together to take Trump down, or, Trump is lying)
o Everybody takes work home. (but he's no longer president and besides he never did much work while he was)
o The material is protected by attorney-client privilege. (no)
o Obama did the same thing. (not true, and of course he used Obama's middle name)
o They're material for my presidential library. (a collection of coloring books would be more appropriate)

I may have left some out. I'm waiting for him to say that he had a document from the DOJ allowing him to keep the material but his dog ate it.

Because 49.99% of the people you meet are below average intelligence.
I think there's more to it than that. One doesn't require above average intelligence to determine if someone is behaving immorally, or to suss out the difference between right and wrong behavior.

And here we go...

WASHINGTON, Aug 25 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Florida on Thursday ordered the U.S. Justice Department to file a redacted version of its affidavit in support of the FBI's search of former President Donald Trump's home to be released to the public by Friday at noon.

Sounds like the judge is releasing exactly what the DOJ has recommended and it will be heavily redacted. I wouldn't expect to see much here but it'll make for a good Friday news dump I guess.

CNN has a prediction. :ROFLMAO:

Seriously, this is why it's hard to watch cable news, it's all so sensationalized.

IMG_1836.jpeg

this is why it's hard to watch cable news

Well, I discovered about a decade ago that it is in fact possible to fail to watch cable news. Not that difficult, even. Sometimes I get stuck in front of local OTA news, but that is fortunately comparatively brief (hey, this sucks, switch over to the Frasier rerun, or that Audie Murphy movie on Grit) and mostly muted, like a sort of electric fireplace while I peruse TA – although, the level of professional quality of our NBC affiliate, when it comes in, is miles above the others and sometimes worth paying attention to.

Now we learn of a secret tunnel into Mar-a-Lago that drippy-head 4-seasons guy used 14 years ago when his presidential campaign was imploding and his solace was Ethyl & Al Cohol.

Apparently the tunnel goes under the boulevard, either to the beach or perhaps the country club next door and is an ideal feature for a secure location full of sensitive documents.

Now we learn of a secret tunnel into Mar-a-Lago that drippy-head 4-seasons guy used 14 years ago when his presidential campaign was imploding and his solace was Ethyl & Al Cohol.

Apparently the tunnel goes under the boulevard, either to the beach or perhaps the country club next door and is an ideal feature for a secure location full of sensitive documents.

back then he was the "moderate" republicans's last great hope.........but what a pathetic creature Giuliani has turned into

One thing I'm getting really tired of hearing about - not just in this case with the search of Trump's home - but also republicans as a whole refusing to comply with subpoenas and stonewalling investigations - is this claim that "its all political, there's an election coming up..."

There's ALWAYS an election "coming up". The idea that republicans in congress or politics can't even be questioned by law enforcement is a total joke. Brian Kemp has been fighting his subpoena - if he had complied when asked, that could have happened quietly weeks or months ago, far out from election. He's not even accused of any wrongdoing, he actually did the right thing in regards to the 2020 election. They just want his truthful knowledge of what happened.

Graham, Rudy, Trump, Navarro, Bannon... bunch of pathetic folks who are using the "political" excuse to avoid following the laws they expect everyone else to follow.

I hit this thread at exactly the right time. It is 12:04 Eastern, so I turned on the tube to see what it will be. They’re still waiting.

Hoping it’s all bad for TFG.

It’s out. MSNBC pouring over it as they speak with some established legal experts. Didn’t take a genius to see this wasn’t going to be good for Trump, but it ruins the argument he was “complying” or working with the DoJ.

Full reacted copy here…

It’s out. MSNBC pouring over it as they speak with some established legal experts. Didn’t take a genius to see this wasn’t going to be good for Trump, but it ruins the argument he was “complying” or working with the DoJ.

Full reacted copy here…

you would have thought they learned when they wanted to warrant reviled. but nope repeat the stupidity and keep asking.

Full reacted copy here…

Much of it is redacted, as expected, though it seems to bolster the argument in favor of the search.

But the letter from Trump's attorneys to Jay Bratt, the Chief of the Counterintelligence and Export Control Section in DOJ, is particularly interesting. One of the "bedrock" principles outlined begins with "DOJ must be insulated from political influence." Yeah, really. Just like Trump's DOJ under Sessions and then Barr wasn't politically influenced, or Jeffrey Clark had no political motivations in trying to take over the DOJ.

Biden, when asked by reporters about it today "we will let the justice Department determine it". He, and the WH, have been smart to just sit back and let the DOJ do their job while keeping their distance, it's never been their place to serve the president, they serve the people.

As completely expected, the MAGA cult is attacking the affidavit for being redacted. And if it was released in full, the defense would pivot to being a "nothingburger".

The right-wing media has brainwashed their followers so badly that I still keep seeing the argument "he could declassify anything he wanted as president!", which is stupid even if true - because why would he? It would render the whole classification system useless if a sitting president could just take the shit home and stash it in a closet at his country club.

But I thought we put that lame defense to rest within 48 hours of the FBI search being publicly disclosed. Yet if you go on Twitter or comment sections of right-wing news outlets, you keep hearing it parroted over and over.

Back