FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
don’t think Trump will be granted a special master. I’m not sure the hearing will be enough. This could just be the judge allowing his team a chance to argue their case, and I expect the DoJ to have valid arguments to rebut the request. But we’ll see.

Oh indeed. Here's a very cool thread worth reading through the whole thing. This judge Trump has latched onto is no match for DoJ under Garland.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1564278284128591872/

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
How could face his stupidity sober?

Good point. Probably accounts for the waffle action from day to day.

I predict there will be some rioting in the streets if Trump is indicted and convicted, but it will be far outweighed by the dancing in the streets.

I'll be cranking up the sound on my rack system to where the local wildlife runs for the other side of the mountain.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
1661917095941.jpeg

This is some of what the FBI found

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sounds like the RNC has had it with Trump raising his own money without cutting them in. Almost like Trump is a well known con man and Republicans are just now realizing the truth that's been in front of them this entire time.

RNC not paying legal fees over Trump's Mar-a-Lago document investigation: Report​

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wonder if that was the state in which it was found? Looks damning.
No. They spread it out.

I read the government’s brief and it is good. Some very damning stuff in there. For example, the passports we keep hearing about were found in a desk drawer along with a bunch of these sorts of documents, which shows that Trump personally handled them. Same with a bunch of other personal property that was taken and the gov’t won’t return because of its “evidentiary value.”

Also, “this investigation is not simply about efforts to recover improperly retained Presidential records...”

The government also alleges that after Trump’s lawyer signed the letter saying there were no more records, and that everything that had existed was in the storage room, they found out that Trump (or his monkeys) removed additional stuff from the storage room and put it in other places so that it would not be found if the FBI went back to the storage room.

And the government had good reason to go back to the storage room, because when they went there at the time they received the letter saying nothing else was left to turn over, they were allowed into the storage room but the FBI agents were not allowed to open any boxes or look in any drawers.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Almost like Trump is a well known con man and Republicans are just now realizing the truth that's been in front of them this entire time.

Jeeez, it's taken them 6-7 years to figure out what trump's about? That says a ton about their judgment.

Deep inside I always knew he was a grifting charlatan. When he mocked NYT journalist Serge Kovaleski during a campaign stop in 2015 that permanently sealed the deal forever as to how evil he is inside.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Wonder if there's anything interesting on the video surveillance tapes? They were also seized, right?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And… there’s already a grand jury that issued the subpoenas for this stuff. Trump’s goose is cooked.
You have to wonder what, if anything, he actually did with it. I know just holding on to them is a crime but if that's all he did will it be enough for them to want to indict? Knowing Trump it's hard to imagine he didn't use that information somewhere for personal gain, hopefully that risk assessment will flesh it out.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rest assured, this whole thing may have started out as a quiet attempt to get government property back, but that ship sailed long ago.

What was in those documents, why did he take them, what did he do with them, why did he refuse to give them back? Being an egomaniac who wants important stuff explains some of it, but at some point, I wan republicans to answer - classified or not - why would he do this? The republican line of "a president can declassify anything they want at any reason for any time" doesn't answer why he'd want to. If they demand transparency, Trump could clear a lot of this up on his own without the FBI. In theory, anyways, because it would involve him telling the truth, which we know he's incapable of.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You have to wonder what, if anything, he actually did with it. I know just holding on to them is a crime but if that's all he did will it be enough for them to want to indict? Knowing Trump it's hard to imagine he didn't use that information somewhere for personal gain, hopefully that risk assessment will flesh it out.

Given how easy it is to make digital copies, he, or another individual could have already distributed this information to "interested parties".

Top Bottom
1 2