Site Donor
Reaction score
Hilarious.

1661952970427.jpeg

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Sounds like the RNC has had it with Trump raising his own money without cutting them in. Almost like Trump is a well known con man and Republicans are just now realizing the truth that's been in front of them this entire time.

RNC not paying legal fees over Trump's Mar-a-Lago document investigation: Report​

man talk about slow to catch on. so if they are so easily fooled they are pretty much useless as some kind of control.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
And… there’s already a grand jury that issued the subpoenas for this stuff. Trump’s goose is cooked.
I feel like an indictment will be coming soon for stealing top secret documents. I wonder though if they will get him on anything with January 6th. If not now would they be able to indict him later on that?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel like an indictment will be coming soon for stealing top secret documents. I wonder though if they will get him on anything with January 6th. If not now would they be able to indict him later on that?

Wishful thinking and unlikely, but it would be nice if just one case landed him in prison where he'll spend the rest of his life battling further cases. I'm sure suddenly he'd not be interested in his mountain of delay tactics he reflexively uses. But even without those there would probably be enough cases where he'd die before they all go to court.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Wishful thinking and unlikely, but it would be nice if just one case landed him in prison where he'll spend the rest of his life battling further cases. I'm sure suddenly he'd not be interested in his mountain of delay tactics he reflexively uses. But even without those there would probably be enough cases where he'd die before they all go to court.

There's absolutely no way Trump will avoid an indictment by this point. The charges have been presented, the crime illustrated, the evidence displayed for all the world to see. For Garland to go this far, and not push things to their inevitable conclusion would be unimaginably stupid on his part.

It's going to happen, though I wouldn't expect to see any movement on it until after the midterms.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
There's absolutely no way Trump will avoid an indictment by this point. The charges have been presented, the crime illustrated, the evidence displayed for all the world to see. For Garland to go this far, and not push things to their inevitable conclusion would be unimaginably stupid on his part.

It's going to happen, though I wouldn't expect to see any movement on it until after the midterms.
I'm split on this one, it seems like it will be legally warranted but at the same time Trump has gotten to slide on literally every heinous thing he's ever done.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I'm split on this one, it seems like it will be legally warranted but at the same time Trump has gotten to slide on literally every heinous thing he's ever done.

Trump was saved previously because he had the protections of the highest office in the land, an entire political party backing him, a DOJ acting as his personal defense, and no smoking gun you could beat over their heads.

That's not the case here. Even if the Republicans still continue to support Trump, the case against him is so damning, so open and shut, that they can't rely on the vagaries to help them save face. They're being faced with the choice to either to continue to serve and protect America, or throw it all away for Trump.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Yeah, but all it takes is one MAGA hat owner on the jury to derail the whole thing.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the DOJ response objecting to a special master;

"Plaintiff’s Motion, in fact, asserts that “[t]he documents seized at Mar-a-Lago on August 8, 2022 . . . were created during his term as President.” D.E. 1 at 15. These are precisely the types of documents that likely constitute Presidential records."

By admitting these are presidential records, he essentially admits he has no authority over them. The DoJ completed its examination of everything they took... Trump's lawyers may be hanging him and offering further evidence for the government with their lame delay tactics.

Also:

Evidence of commingling personal effects with documents bearing classification markings is relevant evidence of the statutory offenses under investigation.

Whining about how your personal stuff is mixed up with top secret documents isn't exactly a great defense either, which the government was correct to put out there. Trump's personal artifacts mixed with the documents is proof of mishandling, possibly willfully (which we already know is the case).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
When this goes to trial, is there a possibility that the ruling could be NGRI (Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity).....in which case he'd wind up going to a federal psychiatric facility such as St Elizabeth's in DC rather than prison?

The closest he could possibly attempt is ignorance of the law via surrounding himself with the best (worst) people. But I think he pretty much killed that excuse opportunity by not turning over the documents when they were requested multiple times.

Maybe they should try not guilty by reason of being a sociopath. That would probably be more accurate.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
The thing is, they'll never get that not guilty verdict. The absolute best they can hope for is a hung jury, which will only lead to another trial.

I suspect he would spin that as not guilty, and use it in his fundraising efforts.

Top Bottom
1 2