FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/0...ony-investigation-news?smid=nytcore-ios-share
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/0...vestigation-news?referringSource=articleShare

Remember what trump said about people who invoke the fifth?

Trump declines to answer questions in New York deposition, invoking his right against self-incrimination.

Donald J. Trump declined to answer questions from the New York state attorney general’s office on Wednesday, a stunning gamble in a high-stakes legal interview that is likely to determine the course of a civil investigation into his company’s business practices.

In a statement released shortly after the questioning began on Wednesday, Mr. Trump said he would invoke his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination, explaining that he “declined to answer the questions under the rights and privileges afforded to every citizen under the United States Constitution.”

After the deposition began, two sources with knowledge of the matter confirmed that he was refusing to answer questions, citing the Fifth Amendment.
“I once asked, ‘If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?’” he said in the statement. “Now I know the answer to that question.” He said that having been targeted by lawyers, prosecutors and the news media had left him with “no choice.”
But there are other reasons Mr. Trump may have decided not to answer questions. The Manhattan district attorney’s office has been conducting a parallel criminal investigation into whether Mr. Trump fraudulently inflated valuations of his properties. Any misstep from the former president in his deposition could breathe new life into that inquiry.

That's an odd choice to be made by the self-proclaimed least guilty man who ever lived.

That's an odd choice to be made by the self-proclaimed least guilty man who ever lived.
The only choice, I'm sure his lawyers pointed out, and for once somehow made it stick! Anyway he would have perjured himself: this guy just says whatever comes to his mind at the moment as the most expedient and self-serving thing. Past that he has poor control over where his mind takes him when he's agitated -- like in situations with perceived oppponents in the media or across the table in dealmaking. Some of the stuff he used to unload in meetings with editorial boards while he was first campaigning for the presidency was just mindboggling gobbledygook, so much so that his interlocutors couldn't figure out how to proceed from his last response to a new question...

Yet his supporters will continue to blame... Democrats, the media, Biden, literally anyone else.
And some raid by the way. Secret service got an hour’s notice and the fbi guys didn’t even wear the jackets with FBI printed on them. Pretty sure the rest of us wouldn’t get those concessions.

E3519E6F-E7EA-40B6-AA73-E3F8EADD9D93.jpeg

:ROFLMAO: I’m pretty confident the FBI could do it to you before this, but I’m no history surgeon.

Eric Trump has made a very revealing statement about how the DOJ operated under his father:

"Make no mistake," Eric said, "I know the White House as well as anyone. I spent a lot of time there; I know the system. This did not happen without Joe Biden's explicit approval. The White House approved of this. Mark my words … it will come out."

Eric Trump has made a very revealing statement about how the DOJ operated under his father:

"Make no mistake," Eric said, "I know the White House as well as anyone. I spent a lot of time there; I know the system. This did not happen without Joe Biden's explicit approval. The White House approved of this. Mark my words … it will come out."
It’s always projection with these guys. Makes you wonder about how obsessed they are with child trafficking.

They act independently from the WH and always have, the problem with the Trump's is they wouldn't know basic civics if it smacked them in the face. All he knows is how daddy abused the office and now believes it's standard. The entire Trump family are a bunch of dolts.

I have similar authority over Subway Sandwiches. They don’t make me a sandwich or even consider it without me ordering them to, make no mistake.

I have similar authority over Subway Sandwiches. They don’t make me a sandwich or even consider it without me ordering them to, make no mistake.
I don’t even have that kind of authority in my own house. Sometimes I come home and everything has been rearranged and the house is a different color than when I left.

I don’t even have that kind of authority in my own house. Sometimes I come home and everything has been rearranged and the house is a different color than when I left.
It also could be that you either went to the wrong house, or jumped to another "verse" in the multiverse.

It also could be that you either went to the wrong house, or jumped to another "verse" in the multiverse.
Seems likely. Probably why I can’t find my socks sometimes. And the other day there was a cat on the sofa and I don’t own a cat.

Back