FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

NBC reported Trump was given subpoenas before the warrant was served. Like most subpoenas, he probably ignored it.

NBC reported Trump was given subpoenas before the warrant was served. Like most subpoenas, he probably ignored it.

I think there was some discussion between DoJ and Trump's lawyers and some documents were provided, but more were expected. There was also meanwhile a DoJ trip to Mar a Lago where the security of an storage area was inspected from the outside and deemed inadequate for any classified materials still being withheld... and a new lock was installed (which the FBI later broke when executing the warrant). It's unclear to the public at this point how those discussions evolved to where a search warrant was issued.

Garland is about to make a statement, should be interesting.

We had to wait 20 min at school for an asst prof and half an hour for a full professor to show up to class.

Wonder how long the press corp gets to wait on a US AG to take the podium...

We had to wait 20 min at school for an asst prof and half an hour for a full professor to show up to class.

Wonder how long the press corp gets to wait on a US AG to take the podium...
Yeah, 35 minutes late and counting so far. 🤷‍♂️

That was a waste of time.

Yeah, it was just a response to the ongoing criticisms calling the DOJ a bunch of stormtroopers raiding the homes of innocent civilians.

They're not going to speak about the details of an ongoing investigation. It's expected and understandable, if not a little disappointing.

I'd say it depends on how much of the now to be unsealed manifest of items taken is either redacted or referred to as "see classified appendix A".

Anyway it's not a waste of time to have SOMEONE in the government take the shine off all those social media robo-fans of Trump busy attacking FBI guys for doing their job. Those FBI agents didn't create the search warrant or vet its nature for political motivations, they just did what they were legally required to do. Three days have passed and Trump's counsel hasn't stood up and said gee that wasn't fair. In fact counsel was there during the search, so... seems like it's all been done by the book.

I suspect the titles and level of classification of some of the documents listed in the manifest will need to be redacted. Still, it will be interesting to read between the lines/redactions.

I'm guessing many will be related to Russia.

Yeah, it was just a response to the ongoing criticisms calling the DOJ a bunch of stormtroopers raiding the homes of innocent civilians.

They're not going to speak about the details of an ongoing investigation. It's expected and understandable, if not a little disappointing.
And it sounds like that would've been a bad call, they're sticking to protocol, good for them. Wheels of justice move slow but we'll eventually find out.

No, hardly a waste of time. It was necessary to to rebut a lot of the knee-jerk criticism recently lobbed at the DOJ/FBI by various people holding certain views about the search warrant and seizure. In essence, those still kissing trump's ring.

No, hardly a waste of time. It was necessary to to rebut a lot of the criticism recently lobbed at the DOJ/FBI by various people.
The fun part will be when trump’s lawyers argue in court that the warrant should NOT be unsealed

The fun part will be when trump’s lawyers argue in court that the warrant should NOT be unsealed
Was just about to post this, Garland put the ball right back into Trump's court.

This morning I read trump hired an attorney famous for defending rappers to handle his Jan6th issues. Oddly, I don't find that too surprising.

The caveat is that Trump and his lawyers can appeal the request to unseal. BUT… that puts the ball squarely in his court, which is great. Put up or shut up. I suspect conservatives that demanded the release will move on from that argument and move on to more gaslighting.

*How long until cons attack the judge because he has a Hispanic name?

This morning I read trump hired an attorney famous for defending rappers to handle Jan6th issues.

Yeah but specifically for his problems in Georgia re his attempting to get the secretary of state to manipulate vote totals for 2020. Weird thing there is that the guy he hired has made all manner of past statements impugning Trump as President. Maybe Trump's setting up for an appeal later on, i.e., incompetent or inadequate representation etc. Go figure.

EDIT: here's a link for info on the lawyer in question

Last edited:
The caveat is that Trump and his lawyers can appeal the request to unseal. BUT… that puts the ball squarely in his court, which is great. Put up or shut up. I suspect conservatives that demanded the release will move on from that argument and move on to more gaslighting.

*How long until cons attack the judge because he has a Hispanic name?

I'm more interested in whether Garland's statement does anything to get some of those Republican Party "leadership" officials to STFU and quit egging on the violence-inciting crowd still using Trump as their excuse to tout civil war as what we need next in the USA.

Back