iOS 18

Right now my iPhone is on iOS 18.0.

What's odd, is if I go to Settings > General > Software Update, I get what the photo below shows. Which I suspect to the average iPhone user looks like a released iOS update for the general public. I've never OK'd getting beta updates. And what's on the screen doesn't say anything about being a beta.

View attachment 31530
its just an update for the 16's came out the same day as the phones.

Right now my iPhone is on iOS 18.0.

What's odd, is if I go to Settings > General > Software Update, I get what the photo below shows. Which I suspect to the average iPhone user looks like a released iOS update for the general public. I've never OK'd getting beta updates. And what's on the screen doesn't say anything about being a beta.

View attachment 31530
is that a new iphone? they released a new version of ios 18.0 for the new iphones.

is that a new iphone? they released a new version of ios 18.0 for the new iphones.

Yeah a 16PM. I'll update. Would have been nice if they changed the name slightly, like 18.01. Or 18.0a.

I assume there are no issues updating?

no issues. I did that update when i first set up my phone. Went smoothly, and it was pretty quick.

Check out the Shazam icon on Control Center. That’s the next size up from the smaller icons next to it, as far as I can tell. Trying to find an in-between size but it’s not cooperating.

1727257025303.png

Check out the Shazam icon on Control Center. That’s the next size up from the smaller icons next to it, as far as I can tell. Trying to find an in-between size but it’s not cooperating.

I noticed the addition of the power button on the upper right. I tried it on my iPad, and yes, I can call up the shutdown screen with it – a lot quicker than going through settings.

One Maps feature I just noticed. Since at least the previous version of maps, possibly longer, when you zoom out, the gridlines start to curve, and eventually you have a globe. As the limb of the globe appears,
IMG_5649.jpeg

you can see the haze of the atmosphere, which sort of seems to be proportionally sized for the scale of the globe. The GEarth app does not do this, but it does appear to be celestially accurate, which Maps does not seem to have added.

Back