Musk offers to buy Twitter

As I get older the more this makes sense.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun."
- Keanu Reeves

As I get older the more this makes sense.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun."
- Keanu Reeves
The problem becomes when they say “1+1=5, this is what is to be taught in classrooms, oh and if you disagree we’ll kill you”. Kind of hard to say “have fun”

The problem becomes when they say “1+1=5, this is what is to be taught in classrooms, oh and if you disagree we’ll kill you”. Kind of hard to say “have fun”
I couldn't agree more, I think a lot of these MAGA people are radicalized enough to actually hurt people. I don't have an answer but it seems like even trying to engage them on a rational and intellectual level will set them off, and they're all armed and seething. Not worth your life.

Last edited:
I think a lot of these MAGA people are radicalized enough to actually hurt people.
Not really, though. MAGAts, almost to a person, are a bunch of wusses who like pew-pew-pew theatre and posing but lack the fortitude to cause actual injury/death. There are probably some exceptions, but those psychos are being watched.

The stereotypical GOP clowns (Gaetz, MTG) cheerlead violent rhetoric. And most of the rank and file like McCarthy, Tim Scott, etc always placate Trump or try to ignore the severity of all the scandals within their party.

For those reasons, I would not be surprised if the silent rank and file who refuse to take a stand against Trump will feel the wrath of these morons before democrats do. They ARE going to have to break from Trump one day, it’s really up to them whether they want to control the situation or kick the can down the road until they have no choice.

As it pertains to X/Twitter, maybe Truth Social is going the way of Trump Steaks and Trump wants to use the platform for more reach. That’s going to end up poorly for him if he says the wrong things, which he almost certainly will. Trump may or may not think Musk is an ally, but I’m sure Musk would gladly allow Trump to self-destruct on his platform, it would be good for his business.

Last edited:
Oh, X, I meant to observe that I looked at someone's embedded xweex somewhere and felt that the placement of the logo made it look a lot like a window close widget. An invitation. Obviously on the wrong side for Mac people, but very few of us have not had constant exposure to the wrong layout.

Well done. 😂
To piss Musk off, everyone should just say the “X” is pronounced as “Twitter”, and “xweex” is pronounced “Tweet”.

Just ignore what the company says and continue referring to them as Twitter and Tweets.

It’s almost like Prince - everyone is calling it “X, Formerly Twitter” anyways.

Well, thank God we’re not here yet. When one side accuses the other of trying to silence free speech or of being authoritarian or fascist, remember who called a free press “the enemy of the people”.

Well, thank God we’re not here yet. When one side accuses the other of trying to silence free speech or of being authoritarian or fascist, remember who called a free press “the enemy of the people”.

People have been sarcastically asking if Elon would at least pay his legal bills (Elon promised that if anyone “got in trouble” for their tweets “we’ll pay your legal bills”). Sarcastically because Elon is a flake at the best of times but also since the Saudis are a major backer of his Twitter takeover. One shudders to think why …

1693629389693.png

Now Elno is blaming the (J)ADL for xxixxex's revenue decline. He claims to be opposed to antisemitism of any kind (but, all RW-type assholes welcome, unmoderated).

Musk alleged that the ADL has been "trying to kill this platform by falsely accusing it & me of being anti-Semitic. If this continues, we will have no choice but to file a defamation suit against, ironically, the 'Anti-Defamation' League. If they lose the defamation suit, we will insist that they drop the the “anti” part of their name, since obviously …"

People have been sarcastically asking if Elon would at least pay his legal bills (Elon promised that if anyone “got in trouble” for their tweets “we’ll pay your legal bills”). Sarcastically because Elon is a flake at the best of times but also since the Saudis are a major backer of his Twitter takeover. One shudders to think why …
A lot of this is from even before the Musk takeover:

Now Elno is blaming the (J)ADL for xxixxex's revenue decline. He claims to be opposed to antisemitism of any kind (but, all RW-type assholes welcome, unmoderated).

Musk alleged that the ADL has been "trying to kill this platform by falsely accusing it & me of being anti-Semitic. If this continues, we will have no choice but to file a defamation suit against, ironically, the 'Anti-Defamation' League. If they lose the defamation suit, we will insist that they drop the the “anti” part of their name, since obviously …"
Yup

1693871574862.png

1693871691840.png

Also:

1693871817720.png

1693871851719.png

On a side note: TechCrunch really needs to work on their headlines, you don’t put the claim in your headline unless you’re damn sure it has merit, and even then probably don’t do it without quotes. Haven’t they learned anything?

Last edited:
BTW @dada_dave I want to share that on my FB page but need to source the actual tweet, I can't tell if it's still up, can you and if so provide a link?

Looking through his stream it's probably the most anti semitic and homophobic feed I've ever seen and that's saying something. He bragged about reaching a million followers. That's the current state of X with zero moderation.

Link (not for the faint of heart):

BTW @dada_dave I want to share that on my FB page but need to source the actual tweet, I can't tell if it's still up, can you and if so provide a link?

Looking through his stream it's probably the most anti semitic and homophobic feed I've ever seen and that's saying something. He bragged about reaching a million followers. That's the current state of X with zero moderation.

Link (not for the faint of heart):
Given this post my guess it was taken down a couple of hours ago.

1693874085841.png

However you’re right he’s got a whole bunch of other posts that are just as bad targeting every other group (trans people, blacks, etc …) . If the rules were applied to his entire account they’d just have to nuke it and start over - under sane leadership he’d be banned, but we already know that isn’t the case and they only applied the rules to the one post someone else pointed out.

This is his pinned comment and it gets worse from there:

1693874385682.png

And now I need a shower

In adjacent news.

Maybe shit hole and shit box can merge to form the most beautiful perfect costly failure in social media history. Before they turn the lights out they can sing a duet railing against the government that has greatly benefitted and enriched them most of their careers.

Back