Musk offers to buy Twitter

1690879458241.png

All your handles are belong to me!
After @X, Elon Musk nicks another user's handle, namely @music:

Is it Elon Musk's goal to piss off any single user individually?
He threatened to do the same with NPR's account if they didn't start posting again. It's just who he is, why people choose to stay there is beyond me.

For me it was an abusive relationship that I finally decided to end. The first week it was hard not to go see what they were saying, but eventually it was filled by happiness and joy.

I need to figure out how to follow a couple specific folks on other platforms. The retro gaming community is fractured outside of Twitter, and it's one of two reasons I visit.
To be honest, RSS is/was a great bit of tech for following things you care about without giving everything over to social media, but we just abandoned it in favor of more walled approaches. And it feels like a waste, to be honest.

Also unlike his responses to dictators and authoritarian regimes or even just requests for normal US persons Elon Musks decided to fight tooth and nail for Donald Trump.

Musk isn’t long for MAGA world now that Jack Smith has Trump’s Twitter DM’s. They will blame him, despite the best efforts of him/the company.

Musk unsurprisingly is doing it to stories like this:

I had a dummy account I used just for viewing and could not block Musk, so I deleted that too. It’s just a total shut hole now, not even worth lurking anymore.

But free speech!

Idiot just going to keep indioting.

I have to agree with another poster on 9-5 that I’m not sure that the following App Store rule:

• The ability to block abusive users from the service
Means users have to be able to block each other (though it probably should be). It sounds more like the service has to have the ability to block users - though given that Musk’s new thing is not doing so (for far right content anyway, anything else can be blocked/shadow banned) I’m not sure where the line is. But that’s a separate issue.

I have to agree with another poster on 9-5 that I’m not sure that the following App Store rule:

• The ability to block abusive users from the service
Means users have to be able to block each other (though it probably should be). It sounds more like the service has to have the ability to block users - though given that Musk’s new thing is not doing so (for far right content anyway, anything else can be blocked/shadow banned) I’m not sure where the line is. But that’s a separate issue.
The ability for one user to block another has been a fundamental right on every social platform since its inception, message boards, internet chat, etc. I don't get what he hopes to accomplish here, people from all walks of life will be impacted by this.

The ability for one user to block another has been a fundamental right on every social platform since its inception, message boards, internet chat, etc. I don't get what he hopes to accomplish here, people from all walks of life will be impacted by this.
Oh I agree. I hope the rule is actually for that - it certainly should be, it just doesn’t seem to be.

Back