Oct 18 Apple Event

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I used to daydream about sending a white iBook out to Colorware to make it sunflower yellow. I really love winter but I get very tired of the gray between November and January.

You don't need to send your Macs off to get them colored up. You can hit up a company like DBrand for skin kits.

If I were to do that, I'd get the wood skin on the outside of the lid.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Here I was thinking I was BIG SPENDA going all out to buy a pack of 8 microfiber cloths for $7. Now I'm learning I ain't nothing but a scrub.

D

Deleted member 221

They did that with their $1000 monitor stand.

Yup!

And it didn't even take that long before the Apple podcaster ecosystem switched over to things like: "well.. it IS a pretty nice stand with AMAZING build quality"...

The reality is that Apple could go incredibly up market at this point and still find massive amounts of buyers.
Obviously lose some volume, but they could totally do it -- perhaps even with a new entire line of "elite" products.

I wouldn't rule it out.

Jorbanead

Reaction score
They deleted my reply calling your suspension too harsh...
Same for me too. Oh well.
I was a little surprised they didn't dump the 14" internals into a Mini case and call it a day (per the previous M1 designs), but the M1P/M1M (what's the currently accepted short form?), may require a little more engineering - or - there's something else on deck that's a little more-than-a-Mini.
Yeah, I am a bit bummed as I really want an M1 Max Mac mini (what is with these names?) but I guess we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Was just looking at the hype on Apple and saw "up to 20 ProRes 4K streams". My question is, what does one do with twenty video streams? Do you hook the notebook up to nineteen external 4K monitors so that a dozen of your friends can watch whatever things they prefer? And do those video streams also have embedded 24-bit audio? I mean it sounds like the great and powerful 'book (where you need an AirTag to keep track of where your cursor went if you lose it in the notch), but some of this capability sounds way excess.

Entropy

Reaction score
Was just looking at the hype on Apple and saw "up to 20 ProRes 4K streams". My question is, what does one do with twenty video streams? Do you hook the notebook up to nineteen external 4K monitors so that a dozen of your friends can watch whatever things they prefer? And do those video streams also have embedded 24-bit audio? I mean it sounds like the great and powerful 'book (where you need an AirTag to keep track of where your cursor went if you lose it in the notch), but some of this capability sounds way excess.
Look at it from the bright side - to capitalize on this they have to release stand alone monitors!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My question is, what does one do with twenty video streams?

Talk to a pro videographer, anyone involved in post-production, etc., a friend of mine (in that profession) is always giddy over the number of concurrent streams (and that has nothing to do with the number of physical displays).

Top Bottom
1 2