Oct 18 Apple Event

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I just looked up the Polishing Cloth on the Apple store.

...it's nice knowing it's compatible with every iPhone all the way back to the 1st generation.

Hail, it's even compatible with an iPod shuffle... and the cloth only costs $19 instead of $29.

Can probably buy a shuffle over on eBay for less than $19 on the average broke Tuesday, no?

tbh I didn't realize one should polish one's shuffles. Weren't they all either polycarbonate white or anodized aluminum? Now if I were over on MR I'd be waiting for someone who's OCD about fingerprints to chime in that they still polish their vintage white USB-stick-type shuffles.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Now if I were over on MR I'd be waiting for someone who's OCD about fingerprints to chime in that they still polish their vintage white USB-stick-type shuffles.

I can understand why they'd feel the need to do that. You know that finger smoo slows down the bus speed transfer rate, and can clog up the antennas on your phone, right?

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
No no, the only yellow that's right is the XR yellow. Sunflower. I will die loving the moment I unboxed it.

I really liked the tangerine clamshell iBook from 1999 though. Orange is da bomb.

If I'm really truly honest and not sarcastic about it, I prefer my electronics to be either black, white, or various shades of grey.

I'm a very boring person.

Though before this recent MBP event, I was deeply considering getting one of System 76's desktops. I like the wood grain finish they're all sporting.

lizkat

Reaction score
If I'm really truly honest and not sarcastic about it, I prefer my electronics to be either black, white, or various shades of grey.

I became a fan of space gray for the more recent Apple notebooks. Loved the 2008 black one and I didn't mind the white polycarbonate iBooks either.

For the iPads and mini's I've stuck with space gray so far. For re-ups I have been looking at a purple iPad mini and a blue iPad Air...

For the iPod touch, well I got one with a white bezel once, and found it distracting when watching videos. Same with a silver 128GB iPhone SE that I bought... but I was shopping at Apple refurb and wanted that size, so I was stuck with whatever they were selling.

On colors of iPhones and iPods I've been all over the map, which is silly because half the time I end up using a case that's "something else". But for the XR I use a clear case, love that yellow.

I used to daydream about sending a white iBook out to Colorware to make it sunflower yellow. I really love winter but I get very tired of the gray between November and January.

lizkat

Reaction score

I'm a very boring person.

Though before this recent MBP event, I was deeply considering getting one of System 76's desktops. I like the wood grain finish they're all sporting.

Wow that Launch keyboard with the rainbow backlighting I saw on their accessory suggestions is wild, I didn't even know there was such a thing.

Top Bottom
1 2