Photo of the Day - December, 2020

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'll go ahead and get this one started. This is Coit tower in downtown SF early one morniing.

IMG_8139.jpg

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, cool! At first I thought, "huh?!" and then looked at the menu and noticed "Media," so opened that dropdown menu to get an idea of what that included, and.....voila!!!! That will come in very handy because I post images in several places, not always the same image in each place on the same day, and then later I have to stop and think, "have I already shared this image with this forum?" This is the perfect solution, as now I'll know for sure and not accidentally share a photo on here twice because I'd forgotten I'd already shared it a few days or weeks ago! Thanks! :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, cool! At first I thought, "huh?!" and then looked at the menu and noticed "Media," so opened that dropdown menu to get an idea of what that included, and.....voila!!!! That will come in very handy because I post images in several places, not always the same image in each place on the same day, and then later I have to stop and think, "have I already shared this image with this forum?" This is the perfect solution, as now I'll know for sure and not accidentally share a photo on here twice because I'd forgotten I'd already shared it a few days or weeks ago! Thanks! :)
It's one of the better addons that Xenforo has created for this board, integrates seamlessly.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
I wish MR would adopt this, too.....!!!! I participate there in the POTD thread and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten ready to post an image and thought, "wait a minute....didn't I already share this last week?" For a while I tried keeping a file of images that I'd shared on there but somehow that got tedious and fell by the wayside.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I wish MR would adopt this, too.....!!!! I participate there in the POTD thread and I can't tell you how many times I've gotten ready to post an image and thought, "wait a minute....didn't I already share this last week?" For a while I tried keeping a file of images that I'd shared on there but somehow that got tedious and fell by the wayside.
Actually, I believe they do use it there. If you click on one of your photos you'll see that is shows all the extra info, that and you see the "latest media" block on the top right of the main forum page.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Really??!!! Oh, wow, I didn't know that!!!! Huh!!!! Well, whaddya know..... THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!
They don't appear to have enabled the full gallery functions from what I can see, if you look on the top menu here you can see the "Media" link which shows all the features.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah, I had to do some hunting around on MR before I saw the "Media" listing -- not on the main top menu but second-tier..... Then when I took a look, of course there were bunches of photos from all over the site -- took me about three pages of looking before I found the most recent one I'd posted..... I guess that feature is not really going to help me much on MR, sad to say.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
View attachment 1670

One of my ancestors from the 1800’s. Hot! 🔥🔥🔥

"Life is hard, and then you die..." was how my brother characterized a couple photos something like that in my possession.

Mine are of a great-great-great-great aunt and uncle, likenesses enconced in a pair of oval carved frames. In my city apartment, I had decided to display them in an L-shaped hallway over a glass-fronted bookcase. The first time I was heading to the bedroom with an about-to-be lover in tow, he inquired as we passed by those photographs, "So... are those the chaperones?" o_O

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
"Life is hard, and then you die..." was how my brother characterized a couple photos something like that in my possession.

Mine are of a great-great-great-great aunt and uncle, likenesses enconced in a pair of oval carved frames. In my city apartment, I had decided to display them in an L-shaped hallway over a glass-fronted bookcase. The first time I was heading to the bedroom with an about-to-be lover in tow, he inquired as we passed by those photographs, "So... are those the chaperones?" o_O
Old photos now remind me of a sub plot in the movie 1 Million Ways to Die in the West where they wanted to find the one crazy person of legend who actually smiled in a photo.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Hey, kids, wanna play marbles? With special thanks to @Alli, whose mention the other day of her Lens Ball reminded me that I had one stashed in the armoire that hasn't seen much use. Serendipitously on Nikon Cafe, where I also hang out, this week's Collective Shoot has the topic of "Games People Play," and all of a sudden an idea hit me and I rummaged in a drawer for the marbles I knew I had in there, and grabbed the lens ball.....

Hey, Kids, Wanna Play Marbles?.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2