Russia-Ukraine

We are all going to die one day. But some of us can choose how to die. Some choose to die bearing arms into a peaceful country, being an instrument of destruction to their freedom, identity and culture. And some choose to die defending their culture, values and freedom.

What is happening in Ukraine - and Russia - right now is terrible. All the killing is terrible. But there us no justice on the side of the invaders. No conflict out of mutual interest. This is naked, purely evil, unprovoked one-sided aggression, based on ambitions of a single man and his friends. I do not condone killing, and I feel truly sorry for all the Russian kids that were pulled into this unjust conflict and given these criminal orders. But as long as Ukrainians are doing what they must to defend their rights - even if it means killing these boys - they are doing Gods work in my book. And as long as it means that the Russian Neofascist empire is closer to failure, I will celebrate every single downed Russian military plane and every single burned Russian armor.

P.S. Just in case there is any confusion, I am an atheist and “Gods work” is a colloquial expression. No need to bring your faith into it.

I agree with your statements and for me English is not a native language, my point is entirely to leave any religious involvement at the door. Weapons, killing and religion are a moronic mix.

And I say that both as an atheist as well as a pacifist.

I agree with your statements and for me English is not a native language, my point is entirely to leave any religious involvement at the door. Weapons, killing and religion are a moronic mix.

And I say that both as an atheist as well as a pacifist.

Than we are in no disagreement. My statement wasn’t meant to be religios of any kind. Just a colloquial expression we use. Not a native speaker either :) Anyway, happy to clear it up and yes, fully agree with your sentiment.

I did not. I referred straight to the probably most important of the 10 commandments. But to take your suggestion one step further let’s keep all involved talking about religion out of it. It has no place here. Neighbours shouldn’t kill one another. Full stop.
I think you’re reading too much into it, it’s just a saying (but I have edited the G-word out nonetheless)

Last edited:
So to be clear who is putin's biggest bitch in Europe

View attachment 11990
A word in the ear for Hungary: Have you forgotten 1956?
Not correct.

Hungary has agreed and that was admittedly a surprise.

However, Germany and France Belgium et al are not yet on board.
View attachment 11994
Maybe they (the Hungarians) have finally remembered 1956.

My German sister-in-law tells me (citing Speigel and other "good" sources) that this is being agonised over, in Germany.

However, I would expect it to be agreed (and Cyprus has a questionable and quite incestuous relationship with Russians bearing monies - Orthodox Christian ties giving rise to a degree of cultural tolerance that is nauseating at times) the longer this appalling invasion continues.

We are all going to die one day. But some of us can choose how to die. Some choose to die bearing arms into a peaceful country, being an instrument of destruction to their freedom, identity and culture. And some choose to die defending their culture, values and freedom.

What is happening in Ukraine - and Russia - right now is terrible. All the killing is terrible. But there us no justice on the side of the invaders. No conflict out of mutual interest. This is naked, purely evil, unprovoked one-sided aggression, based on ambitions of a single man and his friends. I do not condone killing, and I feel truly sorry for all the Russian kids that were pulled into this unjust conflict and given these criminal orders. But as long as Ukrainians are doing what they must to defend their rights - even if it means killing these boys - they are doing Gods work in my book. And as long as it means that the Russian Neofascist empire is closer to failure, I will celebrate every single downed Russian military plane and every single burned Russian armor.

P.S. Just in case there is any confusion, I am an atheist and “Gods work” is a colloquial expression. No need to bring your faith into it.
Just my non critical observation, I’d never use the term God’s work because it’s misused so often as in of course God is on our side, or asking whose side is God on (?) when bad guys win which seems to be fairly common.

Plus I don’t know God. Some of us presume to know what it stands for if it indeed exists as we imagine it, but it could be a sadistic son of a bitch, the Earth with all it’s pain could be a learning experience, or the Earth Simulator could equate to one of the most popular vacation places that souls flock to knowing beforehand that the trip to the Jungle has its up and downs. :)

Last edited:
My German sister-in-law tells me (citing Speigel and other "good" sources) that this is being agonised over, in Germany.
Apparently none more than former Chancellor Schröder… So many fingers in so many Pirogi…

54829694_303.jpg

However, I would expect it to be agreed (and Cyprus has a questionable and quite incestuous relationship with Russians bearing monies - Orthodox Christian ties giving rise to a degree of cultural tolerance that is nauseating at times) the longer this appalling invasion continues.
100% agree.

Edit:
And this is why I despair that the EU/USA/UK aka "The West" will be of any useful help:

1645886620868.png

Vergogna, Italia!

And add to that list… Belgian diamonds.
Schande!

FFS!

Last edited:
Bad guy dead ain’t a bad thing in Christianity. Just fyi.

At any rate, it seems that the Russians are having more issues than expected.

Certainly not a bad thing if the book claims that the big guy did it.

If folks on Earth do it to themselves it’s hardly a thing that’s celebrated in that faith.

I said my parts above and will leave it at that. The more problems and setbacks the aggressor gets the better for Ukraine.

An agreement has been reached to cut them from SWIFT, apparently.

Edit to add: it’s reported by Reuters, so it is probably accurate, but it is not official yet, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Just my non critical observation, I’d never use the term God’s work because it’s misused so often as in of course God is on our side, or asking whose side is God on(?) when bad guys win which seems to be fairly common.

Plus I don’t know God. Some of us presume to know what it stands for if it indeed exists as we imagine it, but it could be a sadistic son of a bitch, the Earth with all it’s pain could be learning experience, or the Earth Simulator could equate to one of the most popular vacation places that souls flock to knowing beforehand that the trip to the Jungle has its up and downs. :)

Couldn’t have said it better.

Interesting stuff about the Black Sea:

Around an hour ago, Mr Zelensky tweeted ( "I thank my friend Mr. President of 🇹🇷 @RTErdogan and the people of 🇹🇷 for their strong support. The ban on the passage of 🇷🇺 warships to the Black Sea and significant military and humanitarian support for 🇺🇦 are extremely important today. The people of 🇺🇦 will never forget that!")

thanking Turkey for closing the Black Sea to Russian ships, (possibly hoping to force, or persuade Turkey's hand by doing so).

Just a few minutes ago, a senior (unnamed) official - speaking for the Turks denied having done this: ""President Erdogan didn't promise to close the straits," the official, who is directly familiar with the call, said. "Turkey hasn't made a decision to close the straits to Russian ships yet."

Moreover, earlier in the week, the Turkish Foreign Minister, Mr Mevlut Cavusoglu, had said that Russia wold still be able to send its ships through the straits even if Turkey closes them.

Under the 1936 Montreux Convention, Turkey has control over the passage of vessels between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, making it an essential player in the current conflict between Ukraine and Russia. "Under (the) Montreux Convention on straits, Russia has a right to return its ships to its ports in Black Sea," Cavusoglu said in a TV interview. "Even in the wartime, Russia has a right to do it."

Russia is not the only actor able to display their mastery of social media with unsettling tweets; I'd imagine that Mr Zelensky's cheeky tweet caused something akin to cardiac arrests in the Kremlin.

Last edited:
Apparently none more than former Chancellor Schröder… So many fingers in so many Pirogi…

54829694_303.jpg

100% agree.

Edit:
And this is why I despair that the EU/USA/UK aka "The West" will be of any useful help:

View attachment 12000

And add to that list… Belgian diamonds.

FFS!
Agree completely re Shröder (and so did my sister-in-law); a thoroughly compromised - and ethically questionable - character.

Interesting stuff about the Black Sea:

Around an hour ago, Mr Zelensky tweeted ( "I thank my friend Mr. President of 🇹🇷 @RTErdogan and the people of 🇹🇷 for their strong support. The ban on the passage of 🇷🇺 warships to the Black Sea and significant military and humanitarian support for 🇺🇦 are extremely important today. The people of 🇺🇦 will never forget that!")

thanking Turkey for closing the Black Sea to Russian ships, (possibly hoping to force, or persuade Turkey's hand by doing so).

Just a few minutes ago, a senior (unnamed) official - speaking for the Turks denied having done this: ""President Erdogan didn't promise to close the straits," the official, who is directly familiar with the call, said. "Turkey hasn't made a decision to close the straits to Russian ships yet."

Moreover, earlier in the week, the Turkish Foreign Minister, Mr Mevlut Cavusoglu, had said that Russia wold still be able to send its ships through the straits even if Turkey closes them.

Under the 1936 Montreux Convention, Turkey has control over the passage of vessels between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, making it an essential player in the current conflict between Ukraine and Russia. "Under (the) Montreux Convention on straits, Russia has a right to return its ships to its ports in Black Sea," Cavusoglu said in a TV interview. "Even in the wartime, Russia has a right to do it."

Russia is not the only actor able to display their mastery of social media with unsettling tweets; I'd imagine that Mr Zelensky's tweet caused something akin to cardiac arrests in the Kremlin.
I also read that and said to myself… "Hmmmm. Really?" WTF!?"
For now I am going to file that under "Not gonna happen."

🙂

Note, not an official decision (hence my wording), but still leaked from the horse’s mouth
Thanks. But I'm not holding my breath.

I worry a bit about what Russia will do next. Let’s say their ground forces are unable to advance and take Kyiv. Can they afford the embarrassment of leaving without taking Kyiv? Will they siege and bombard the city from the air for weeks/months until they can take it? If they start heavily bombing civilians from the air, will the West create a no-fly zone?

I also read that and said to myself… "Hmmmm. Really?" WTF!?"
For now I am going to file that under "Not gonna happen."

🙂

But, it is hilarious (and wonderfully cheeky, - what chutzpah! - and wonderfully confident) to take the online war to the Russians in such a way; they have been so busy threatening others that they are utterly nonplussed when a political leader in a city under armed assault responds in such a manner.

It - if only for a short while - must have unsettled and shocked Moscow.
Thanks. But I'm not holding my breath.
Actually, I think it inevitable - to my mind, the only reaining question is how soon it wil occur; whatever about commerce, public opinion (which political elites are answerable to in democracies) and the growing horror of the sheer viciousness of the Russian assault, and the conflict in Ukraine, will demand that this step be taken.

Back