Russia-Ukraine

park their artilleries at city borders and “shell” the cities until the artilleries run out
The Russians have a very serious problem with their logistics – when "the artilleries run out" is likely to be much sooner than they would hope for.

Definitely agree with you.
What a silly, uninformed, bit of "virtue signalling" that is. SMFH.

The restaurant is Le Roy Jucep, who is one of a handful of restaurants who claim to be the originator of poutine, who I'm sure has some sense of the origin, i.e., this was done, purely in jest, as a show of solidarity.

From the article:

The diner also shared a video on its Facebook page of a Ukrainian woman who appeared on Radio-Canada and thanked the restaurant for the gesture.

“If we were able to make someone smile over there, it’s already a win!” the restaurant wrote on Facebook.

“We are with you with all our hearts.”

Let me see, what was it happened to Nicky Romanov when he persisted in prosecuting an unpopular war? Gavrilo Princep snickers from his grave.

The restaurant is Le Roy Jucep, who is one of a handful of restaurants who claim to be the originator of poutine, who I'm sure has some sense of the origin, i.e., this was done, purely in jest, as a show of solidarity.

From the article:

The diner also shared a video on its Facebook page of a Ukrainian woman who appeared on Radio-Canada and thanked the restaurant for the gesture.

“If we were able to make someone smile over there, it’s already a win!” the restaurant wrote on Facebook.

“We are with you with all our hearts.”
It is still a silly thing to do.
🤷🏻‍♂️🙂

Actually, I disagree, because quite a number of Mr Putin's speeches - as far back as his speech in Munich in 2007 - unfortunately, made it abundantly clear that he did mean what he said.

The problem there was that many of us didn't actually believe that he really meant what he said.

So, when Mr Putin spoke, it paid to pay attention....

While many in the West have previously preferred to ignore what Putin has said, no doubt some of the former Soviet territories have had a clearer understanding of the danger they're in. My recollection is that back during the Crimea crisis, the Russian Federal Assembly passed bills authorizing an investigation into the "legality" of the process that lead to the independence of the Baltic countries, which certainly suggests that Russia has continuing interests elsewhere beyond Ukraine ....hopefully NATO is now really making some more serious defensive arrangements in its eastern countries.

Just wondering how much of this horror show we can keep watching without stepping in, the world can unite against this monster but instead we're just looking on as their leader beg for help and families and children getting indiscriminately murdered. It will only get worse under Putin if nobody acts.

Just wondering how much of this horror show we can keep watching without stepping in, the world can unite against this monster but instead we're just looking on as their leader beg for help and families and children getting indiscriminately murdered. It will only get worse under Putin if nobody acts.
Many nations are acting. What actions are you suggesting that are not being taken?

Follow-up question: what consequences might result from those actions?

Many nations are acting. What actions are you suggesting that are not being taken?
Sanctions, arming an underwhelmed military and well wishing is not going to save these people.

Follow-up question: what consequences might result from those actions?
I get it, everyone fears Putin but it's the fact that nobody will stand up to him that emboldens him, we're essentially letting the bully be a bully at the expense of Ukraine and their people.

We also understand there are consequences, who is to say us giving them planes or cutting off Netflix won't tip him off, either? The guy is a lunatic. The only way you deal with a bully is to put them down.

Gotta wonder how many asked this same question about Hitler before he killed 6 million Jews.

Also, the numbers here are almost certainly overstated, but

FNJtVxbXoAAyuOy

the fatalities graphic is awesome.

Sanctions, arming an underwhelmed military and well wishing is not going to save these people.

I get it, everyone fears Putin but it's the fact that nobody will stand up to him that emboldens him, we're essentially letting the bully be a bully at the expense of Ukraine and their people.

We also understand there are consequences, who is to say us giving them planes or cutting off Netflix won't tip him off, either? The guy is a lunatic. The only way you deal with a bully is to put them down.

Gotta wonder how many asked this same question about Hitler before he killed 6 million Jews.
This seems like quite a flippant attitude towards the possible end of all human life.

Thank goodness Biden takes consequences seriously. This isn’t a playground fight.

Also, you don’t “put down” bullies. You stand up to them. And the world is doing that. Maybe not in the way you want, but the way you want is way too high risk. I don’t want to die in a nuclear blast.

It's a good start. IMO all NATO countries should together with a united front and defend Ukraine. There is always a threat of nuclear war, time to put the whole "don't piss of Putin" stance behind us and take him out.

You're more than welcome to go to the front lines.....

Just curious... Would you be war hawking this bad if it was Iran invading Ukraine? Or what if it was Zimbabwe invading Somalia? What conflict do you feel like it is worth the US and EU get militarily involved in another countries affairs?

Why so eager for WWIII?

This seems like quite a flippant attitude towards the possible end of all human life.
Bullshit. THIS is a flippant attitude towards life. Cowering to a ruthless dictator is what led to it, he has just as much to lose as the rest of the world in a nuclear war.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1500469003780771846/

Thank goodness Biden takes consequences seriously. This isn’t a playground fight.

Also, you don’t “put down” bullies. You stand up to them. And the world is doing that. Maybe not in the way you want, but the way you want is way too high risk. I don’t want to die in a nuclear blast.
Nobody is standing up to Putin. At most we're inconveniencing their people with sanctions that Putin doesn't care about.

You're more than welcome to go to the front lines.....
At least I would be willing to stand up for them instead taking to social media and saying "sorry about all your dead, Ukraine, we tried with prayers and sanctions".

Just curious... Would you be war hawking this bad if it was Iran invading Ukraine? Or what if it was Zimbabwe invading Somalia? What conflict do you feel like it is worth the US and EU get militarily involved in another countries affairs?

Why so eager for WWIII?
I have stated publicly on several fronts that we should be standing up to dictators, whether it's Putin, Kim Jong Un, or any of them. If you are in a position to defend the defenseless, you should be defending them IMO. It doesn't mean I "want WWIII" it means it's saddening to watch bully dictators slaughtering innocent people and we need to stand up to it.

Back