The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
How fucking hard is it to "play along"? Seriously. You are talking about major snowflakiness. Anyone who actually gets in real trouble over this has to be a total PoS.
All I see is "you are ignoring content by this member" when he posts, this is what keeps my sanity in tact on this site. I'm sure whatever shit he's spewing deserves this response though. :ROFLMAO:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard the real reason Russia and China would want Trump back in power. Economic and military concerns have little to do with it. They want to be able to go to their people and point out what a disaster the US and democracy is because it put such a moronic embarrassment back in power. Can’t say I would entirely disagree with that assessment.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Trump's carefully orchestrated parade of cultists outside his daily court appearances is quite something to watch. Many of them are felons themselves.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
All I see is "you are ignoring content by this member" when he posts

I tried using that on TOP, but it made reading some threads just too difficult. There were people making comments that made no sense to me because the ignored poster was totally invisible to me and there was no way for me to see what the responses pertained to without taking the other poster off ignore. It would be so much nicer if ignore collapsed offending posts but gave you a little arrow widget (e.g., like in hierarchical file view) so that you could at least see that the text you were looking at was a response, and maybe be able to expand the BS post. HF does make posts in other areas that are not so irritating, and at least he is not a FivePoint or tshrimp.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How fucking hard is it to "play along"? Seriously. You are talking about major snowflakiness. Anyone who actually gets in real trouble over this has to be a total PoS.

Because the question was:

Again, even as a hate filled Republican, how does the way one address themselves impact you?

This question implies that how someone else addresses themselves does not impact others in any way. That is simply not true.

Can you expand on this? I’m lost.

There are plenty of stories that Google will find of people being fired for not using someone's preferred pronouns. And from non-RW sources) And an arrest or two.

The problem is, the people on your team whining about being forced to "play along" also want to ban books, force kids to pray in school and who knows what else.

Perhaps all this wokeness is a side effect of religion in America. You get rid of religion and a lot of this stuff would clear up on its own pretty quick.

I certainly don't want kids to have to pray in school and these so called books that were banned have not been banned. They have simply been removed from some school libraries. They can still be purchased online and many public libraries still have them. And these books in question are so bad the admin of this page doesn't want screen shots posted here (this is not a knock on him, they are pretty graphic). And people have been arrested or removed for reading from them at school board meetings. And a news outlet had to cut away from pics from these books because they were too graphic. So can't show them on the news, but a middle schooler can get them from the school library.

I have a right-wing friend in CA who plays along with it but isn’t exactly happy about it. I think more times than not, individuals may or may not experience having to play along IRL on a limited basis, but they go online and see extreme cases and then fold that into their own experience in their head. This may also cause them to overexaggerate their response in their personal situation. “I saw something similar to this online happening all over the place and now it’s happening to me! I must respond on behalf of all those other situations!”

To be fair, the left isn’t exactly immune from this thought process either when it comes to their perceptions. “Trump supporter” causes a jump to all kinds of conclusions on a mountain of issues where just playing along is a near impossibility.

Definitely. What gets me is when someone posts "that didn't happen" or "that never happens". Then I post a link to it happening they get all pissed off at me. Why? You (not You CTM) said it never happened, so why get mad at me when I showed that it does.

Back to the book bans. When I posted that screenshot from one of the books removed from FL school libraries, the initial reaction was that those books are not in schools. Then I showed they were and the poster's attitude changed quite a bit and even agreed that it was extreme and probably shouldn't be in a middle school library.

I tried using that on TOP, but it made reading some threads just too difficult. There were people making comments that made no sense to me because the ignored poster was totally invisible to me and there was no way for me to see what the responses pertained to without taking the other poster off ignore. It would be so much nicer if ignore collapsed offending posts but gave you a little arrow widget (e.g., like in hierarchical file view) so that you could at least see that the text you were looking at was a response, and maybe be able to expand the BS post. HF does make posts in other areas that are not so irritating, and at least he is not a FivePoint or tshrimp.

Maybe I could use a spoiler tag in all my posts in the political threads. ;)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Yeah that can be frustrating, I recall that too... can really break the integrity of a thread. However, having a small site has its benefits so it's not hard to tell.

It will always be the same no matter what, so I just assume he 100% backs Trump in all cases and defends anything and everything the GOP does or says no matter what, with zero ability to think independently. If I'm every wrong on this feel free to let me know but it's pretty much guaranteed.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are plenty of stories that Google will find of people being fired for not using someone's preferred pronouns. And from non-RW sources) And an arrest or two.
I searched and found some hits. This one was covered a lot.

Quote from the fired teacher:
However, Vlaming claims he could not use the student’s preferred pronouns due to his “sincerely held religious and philosophical” beliefs. Vlaming claims that he believes that each person has a biologically fixed sex, and no one can change it.
I can’t concern myself with his religion or feel sympathy for him. There is no harm in calling them what they’d like if their parents support it. That’s a dumb hill to die on.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can’t concern myself with his religion or feel sympathy for him. There is no harm in calling them what they’d like if their parents support it. That’s a dumb hill to die on.
I want to know how the teacher determined the student’s biological sex at birth. Was he in attendance for the birth?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I have to call people by their preferred pronouns all the time, or else I’ll be fired. So it’s not that you have to call someone by a name or he, her, they, them, whatever. It’s that you may have to learn to do something new - remember someone and what they want to be called - and that’s too much. Well, here’s a slogan for when America was allegedly great - “it’s life, deal with it.” These people aren’t going away and you’re not going to strongarm them into obscurity, so we either do the easy task of simply referring to someone how they wish - which we do all the time for everyone else anyways - or we can argue and debate, most discussions which never even involve anyone we are speaking about.

I‘d tell conservatives to go talk to some of these trans or non-binary folks themselves, but we’re already way behind the curve there.

I certainly don't want kids to have to pray in school and these so called books that were banned have not been banned. They have simply been removed from some school libraries. They can still be purchased online and many public libraries still have them. And these books in question are so bad the admin of this page doesn't want screen shots posted here (this is not a knock on him, they are pretty graphic). And people have been arrested or removed for reading from them at school board meetings. And a news outlet had to cut away from pics from these books because they were too graphic. So can't show them on the news, but a middle schooler can get them from the school library.

Well, what is suitable to read doesn’t mean it’s necessairily ok to broadcast. Are you ok with the bible? Would you let me read it to children if I got to pick the stories?

Middle schoolers can handle a lot of stuff you don’t see on the news. They may well be the source of a lot.

Im glad you have a nuanced approach, many on your side do not and they want literal prayer integrated in schools, they want laws based on ancient Bronze Age fairy tales, and they want a hell of a lot more than whatever book you’re talking about banned.

Being woke is ironic, because it’s kind of standing up to what used to be cancel culture, which was Christian conservatives wanting anything they didn’t like banned. Not every offended conservative is a bible thumping crusader, but a lot of them are. And a lot of these books they want banned -pulling a book off a library shelf is essentially a ban, especially if you’re in a poor area or educational deser. Many of these books aren’t even all that controversial, some of them are classics, like To Kill A Mockingbird - many racists love to use the book’s use of the n-word to try to ban it, bless their hearts.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

Back to the book bans. When I posted that screenshot from one of the books removed from FL school libraries, the initial reaction was that those books are not in schools. Then I showed they were and the poster's attitude changed quite a bit and even agreed that it was extreme and probably shouldn't be in a middle school library.

1. Please post links to the sources. I am still having a difficult time believing someone got arrested for JUST refusing to use the proper pronoun. And... I am refuting that someone was fired for JUST refusing to use the proper pronoun. I have a lot of experience with HR matters and people are not fired for just one infraction (unless it is a physical altercation), there are usually other circumstances. Especially if a teacher is in a union. Unfortunately unless there is a lawsuit of a wrongful termination these HR matters are usually sealed, and people lie about why they were terminated from their job.

2. That book you referenced (last year?). The author themselves said it wasn't middle school aged appropriate, so why are you arguing the point. Someone screwed up in their job, and people do make mistakes.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the never ending parade of projection and telling you exactly what they will do, some believe Biden isn’t running the show because he’s not all there. Regardless of if you think Trump is all there or not, if he gets a second term he is famously lazy and instead will appoint a bunch of loyalist less than qualified extremist grifters while he watches the news and posts America hating rants all day.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In the never ending parade of projection and telling you exactly what they will do, some believe Biden isn’t running the show because he’s not all there. Regardless of if you think Trump is all there or not, if he gets a second term he is famously lazy and instead will appoint a bunch of loyalist less than qualified extremist grifters while he watches the news and posts America hating rants all day.

We’re going to end up with a Supreme Court where 5 of the 9 were picked by a debauched steak salesman.

I almost wish Trump would win, install his Nazi regime, and go after his own people first. Would love to see Trump bring the military in to protect construction workers as they bulldoze a trailer park of MAGA folks because some rich developer wanted the land and said nice things about Trump. All the working class racists who didn’t feel so bad about the idea of minorities being marched into prison camps may have a second thought when that dictator on day one flexes his muscle on them.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Won't anyone think of the children??

zipbck15uy1d1.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Won't anyone think of the children??

zipbck15uy1d1.jpeg

And his wallet is $75,000 lighter. But he has seen Danica Patrick naked, so he does have that going for him.

That said, there are probably several NASCAR drivers who would pay $75,000 to be allowed to punch Kyle Busch in the face. :ROFLMAO:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Rubio is auditioning hard for a VP spot. He still won't commit to accepting election results and pivoted immediately to "Hillary said the election was stolen!" I don't think she meant literally stolen like Trump means, and if memory serves me correctly she had conceded by morning after election day, and Trump was at the White House with Obama and Michelle within days.

Really sick of the gaslighting and the rubes who believe this "stolen election" nonsense. Its literally utter BS, total lies. Don't give me spin about "well, there were irregularities and some states changed things because of COVID". That's NOT what Trump is arguing - or many of his followers - and its disingenuous to try to reframe Trump's lies as vague concerns about election integrity, which we all share to one degree or another.

Come to think of it, there's far more evidence of Trump trying to steal an election than any democrat he's been against.

*Oh good, Haley can be swiped off the table of potential future GOP leaders and go directly into the trash bin of Trump sycophants and spineless RINOs.

***ALSO - More Supreme Court Alito BS... Love to see what his excuse is this time... I'm sure its another honest mistake. :rolleyes:

Nothing I love more than to see a SUPREME COURT JUSTICE flying a flag begging for more Christianity codified into law and government function. 🤮

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Rubio is auditioning hard for a VP spot. He still won't commit to accepting election results and pivoted immediately to "Hillary said the election was stolen!" I don't think she meant literally stolen like Trump means, and if memory serves me correctly she had conceded by morning after election day, and Trump was at the White House with Obama and Michelle within days.

Really sick of the gaslighting and the rubes who believe this "stolen election" nonsense. Its literally utter BS, total lies. Don't give me spin about "well, there were irregularities and some states changed things because of COVID". That's NOT what Trump is arguing - or many of his followers - and its disingenuous to try to reframe Trump's lies as vague concerns about election integrity, which we all share to one degree or another.
Saying the election was legit is an automatic no. These people have sold out everything they've ever believed in to placate a monster like Trump and while they're nutbag followers may be happy, the rest of the world is pointing and laughing. Seriously, behind the scenes these Republicans must hate themselves for what they've become.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Jeeez... some dumb-as-rocks people just don't learn.

WaPost: "Republican activists in at least three states where Donald Trump tried to reverse his defeat in 2020 — nearly all of them under criminal indictment for casting electoral votes for him despite his loss — are poised to reprise their roles as presidential electors this year."

Top Bottom
1 2