The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect that in about 8 days, republicans who win their election will celebrate their victory, never mentioning that they won in the same system they claim was rigged in 2020. They’ll call it a repudiation of Biden and democrats.

Those who lose, even if they were on the ballot with republicans who won, will claim their election was “rigged and stolen”.

It’s funny, because all the republicans who won in 2016 were on the same ballot as Trump, yet I didn’t see any of them resigning in protest or demanding a do-over. Which shows you how much they believe the bullshit their cult leader spews. Im surprised these republicans like MTG and others aren’t pressed on that, but then again, most of them stick to pro-racist and insurrectionist outlets like Fox, Newsmax and OAN.

Really dreading the fallout from next week. In many states, as Obama mentioned last week, republicans can win a minority of votes in their states and still win their elections. So republicans will probably win back the house and immediately start their circus shit show in January, or they’ll lose some important seats and keep up their election lies about fraud.

The Warnock/Walker race will probably be close, and if Walker wins, they’ll just claim it further validates Trump’s 2020 claims of rigged elections. For them, an election isn’t how we choose winners to represent us, it’s a formality for them to install replacements, a pre-determined exercise. Through it all, democrats have to rise above the pure insanity circus freak show the republicans put on. If I were running, I would so sling back more BS than they could handle. I understand you have to act level-headed to “do better” than the other side, but that’s not working. Republicans don’t respond to rationality, and even repudiate members of their own party who show a shred of honesty and integrity. Maybe democrats need to start pushing back harder. What that looks like, I don’t know, but the rational approach isn’t getting through to republicans, or most so-called independents for that matter.

Despite this, I’m hopeful democrats will pick up a seat or two in the senate, and because of the unprecedented times, maybe even keep the house. It’s a long shot, but not an impossibility, especially if the polls are off by a few percentage points. I think we’re gearing up for the biggest midterm voter turnout in history.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm watching Liz Cheney being interviewed by Judy Woodruff right now on the PBS News Hour.

And I'm quite impressed with her (as I have been with her co-chairing the Jan6th Committee). Could possibly even vote for her should she run for President. She was quite coy on that possibility when pressed, and if she'd run as a Republican or Independent.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… a radical left attempt to smear a decent, upstanding member of the Republican party …
Actually, most Individual-ONE magats have no illusions about his character. They know he is a conniving bastard. That is what most of them want. They were taught by Saint Ronnie, government, bad, so if Individual-ONE damages it, all the better.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mike Pence has learned nothing. Who is this op-ed supposed to appeal to? I can't imagine many MAGA folks taking it seriously, and I sure as hell know dems won't... this is a weak op-ed.

The fact he can type all of this out and act like it was a gentleman's disagreement instead of being goaded by a con and anti-American "president" speaks volumes. He's putting aspirations ahead of cold, hard facts. FFS, even Pence's re-telling of Trump's words sound exactly like Trump. How can a man of integrity - which I'm not accusing Pence of, btw - play second-fiddle to this kind of adolescent garbage? It sounds like a troublemaker on the playground trying to talk his buddy into getting into a fight.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mike Pence has learned nothing. Who is this op-ed supposed to appeal to? I can't imagine many MAGA folks taking it seriously, and I sure as hell know dems won't... this is a weak op-ed.

The fact he can type all of this out and act like it was a gentleman's disagreement instead of being goaded by a con and anti-American "president" speaks volumes. He's putting aspirations ahead of cold, hard facts. FFS, even Pence's re-telling of Trump's words sound exactly like Trump. How can a man of integrity - which I'm not accusing Pence of, btw - play second-fiddle to this kind of adolescent garbage? It sounds like a troublemaker on the playground trying to talk his buddy into getting into a fight.

even when trump wants you dead you will support him this is his followers wisdom insult them call them stupid insult their wives encourage their deaths nothing discourages them. man just like how god treated his minions and they would still die for their god.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
even when trump wants you dead you will support him this is his followers wisdom insult them call them stupid insult their wives encourage their deaths nothing discourages them. man just like how god treated his minions and they would still die for their god.

Well, Ron “Desanctimonious” had them going. The last seven years of “mean tweets”, as they say, was just liberals being snowflakes, but now that he’s attacking another one of their stars, it’s game on.

The comments on most right-wing outlets are far more sober than usual. Much less talk of stolen elections, people accepting the results. And there’s a half-dozen posts of “Trump should go away” for every one or two that are even semi-pro Trump. They have a “thanks for your service, but we’re on to the next guy” vibe.

They are fired up for DeSantis, and you just know that is killing Trump, who was hoping for a “red wave” to launch his bid.

Looking forward to the GA runoff, Walker will have to campaign in the spotlight for another month, and he won’t have Kemp on the ballot with him. If it comes down to Georgia, Obama will be getting a phone call or two for sure to help drive up the vote.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the GA runoff, Walker will have to campaign in the spotlight for another month, and he won’t have Kemp on the ballot with him. If it comes down to Georgia, Obama will be getting a phone call or two for sure to help drive up the vote.
I hope Warnock permanently takes off the gloves and runs as strong and hard as possible. I want the Warnock that subtly let voters know his opponent was full of shit two years ago. He was a bit hardier the last days of this run, but we need him to continue on that path.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t want to get too optimistic, but it sure would be nice if the rise and fall of election fraud scares was limited to the one or two past election cycles. Many election deniers have conceded, some of the extremists like Mastriano and Lake have been for the most part quiet. I’m sure there will be shenanigans, but things are mostly quiet as the votes are counted.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Raphael has a new book

9781684513611.jpg

Curious cover art. I wonder what that is.

Она в Волгограде. Figures.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Raphael has a new book

9781684513611.jpg

Curious cover art. I wonder what that is.

Она в Волгограде. Figures.

Of course there's some gushing GQP-er reviews, but checkout the reviews with image :D

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Ron DeSantis’ Wife Begins Stealth Campaign to Turn Her Family Into the Kennedys​

So Casey wants to be the next Jackie Kennedy.
Good luck with that.

Won’t happen. Even republicans hardly ever mention Nancy Reagan, and Trumpers will insist “she’s no Melania” (which is true, but not for the reasons they think).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I'm very concerned about McCarthy making use of MTG.

Regarding McCarthy, she told The New York Times that “to be the best Speaker of the House and to please the base, he’s going to give me a lot of power and a lot of leeway.” She even predicted Monday that she’d be on committees investigating “traitors and criminals.” McCarthy has said he plans to put Greene back on committees, with some of her Trumpworld allies reportedly urging the likely Speaker to give her a plum seat on the House Oversight Committee. Imagine, from promoting QAnon conspiracies to possibly landing a key oversight post in Congress.

This is from a recent article here:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
If he's stupid enough to give her that much power, I say go for it. I predict political headaches every single day he's Speaker in such a scenario. The Freedom Caucus (sic) and other bat-spit crazy GQP members will ensure that the next two years will be rough going for the U.S.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

This is from a recent article here:

I say have at it. It’s never too soon to start digging your own grave (even deeper). Only the sedition caucus would look at all the Trumpism losers in the midterms and go “Success! Let’s do more of that!”

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score

:ROFLMAO:

I thought since they said they would do as much months ago I thought I wouldn't :ROFLMAO: but here I am still :ROFLMAO:.

Where did this rate on the list of American concerns and problem solving, 78th? Right under definitively codifying if eggs are good or bad for you and then moving on to the status of a daily glass of red wine.
Of course they have no actual governmental agenda, no plans to help make America a better place for ordinary people so they will hold Hunter Biden hearings just to smear Joe. The same people that are okay with tRump inciting an insurrection and stealing classified documents will now pretend Hunter is the greatest threat to the nation. It's Benghazi 2.0 and they actually admitted those hearing were just to embarrass and weaken Hillary.

By the way, can someone briefly explain exactly what is the accusation against Hunter Biden?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
By the way, can someone briefly explain exactly what is the accusation against Hunter Biden?

They are hoping to prove that for the first time in history the kid of somebody rich and/or with political power got a job they don’t qualify for and with the promise of special government treatment, spoken or unspoken. It would be a real shock to find out that anything like that ever happens.

Trump’s kids find this outrageous but were unavailable for comment in Saudi Arabia.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The head of the Whataboutism Biden investigation committee said they won’t subpoena Biden. Good call. Grilling somebody who isn’t a complete bumbling moron would only damage their case. Stick to your comfort zone and find some compelling intellect titans that are on par with Giuliani and My Pillow Guy.

Top Bottom
1 2