The Trump Indictment Thread

I hope that comes back to bite trump on the ass not paying for everyone. but we have seen what happens when his pac foots the bills the lies start pouring out.

He’s going to learn very quickly that the court of public opinion is very different than state or federal court. And so is your ability to manipulate people.

When you can leverage tweets and an endorsement to get a Republican who’s afraid of a primary to kiss your ass (Hey Lindsey), it’s all fun and games. But it may not be so easy to manipulate people to do what you want when they have to choose between you and prison.

Some of these Trump minions are very stupid, but certainly they realize that people are not going to fight for them like they do Trump. There may be trepidation in the judicial system at large on how to deal with the process, fallout and implications of trying someone like Trump, but there is no such issue with someone like a Jenna Ellis or John Eastman; nobody will care, not even the ones who do! They may say “Damn FBI!”, but there will be no J6-like uprising for Kenneth Chesebro or Jeff Clark.

So reality is going to hit many of these folks, and the reality is many of them WILL be going to prison, and cooperation may be their only hope, and that’s only for the few who may have an defense/case to make.

Some of these Trump minions are very stupid, but certainly they realize that people are not going to fight for them like they do Trump. There may be trepidation in the judicial system at large on how to deal with the process, fallout and implications of trying someone like Trump, but there is no such issue with someone like a Jenna Ellis or John Eastman; nobody will care, not even the ones who do! They may say “Damn FBI!”, but there will be no J6-like uprising for Kenneth Chesebro or Jeff Clark.

So reality is going to hit many of these folks, and the reality is many of them WILL be going to prison, and cooperation may be their only hope, and that’s only for the few who may have an defense/case to make.
yep nd ítem okey will run out fast. the super pac is hemorrhaging money and it will just get worse. Just imagine if trump had the amount of lawyers he really needs and quality ones. the bills would be astronomical.

Time's person of the year 2001

w6s15tq8axjb1.jpg

He’s going to learn very quickly that the court of public opinion is very different than state or federal court. And so is your ability to manipulate people.

When you can leverage tweets and an endorsement to get a Republican who’s afraid of a primary to kiss your ass (Hey Lindsey), it’s all fun and games. But it may not be so easy to manipulate people to do what you want when they have to choose between you and prison.

Every time I hear Chesebro I think of a guy hawking cheddar in a street market.

Please keep talking Donald.

“The failed District Attorney of Fulton County (Atlanta), Fani Willis, insisted on a $200,000 Bond from me. I assume, therefore, that she thought I was a “flight” risk,” Trump wrote. “I’d fly far away, maybe to Russia, Russia, Russia, Russia, share a gold domed suite with Vladimir, never to be seen or heard from again.”

What was the outcome if any from the ultimatum that Clark made to the Judge? I don't imagine a Judge (Federal or otherwise) likes the idea of a timeline being made on them.

It’s pathetic these people are trying to hide behind free speech. Hey dipshit, free speech happens at some point in every crime committed that involves multiple people. That doesn’t cancel out the actual crime. It's astounding how many of these people managed to get a law degree.

"If you have the facts on your side, pound the facts; if you have the law on your side, pound the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, pound the table."

This is their version of pounding the table. Unfortunately, they know this type of table pounding resonates with their base.

What was the outcome if any from the ultimatum that Clark made to the Judge? I don't imagine a Judge (Federal or otherwise) likes the idea of a timeline being made on them.

As far as I know, the judge simply ignored the deadline. Not sure if that's the end of the story or not. I hope not. Ignoring him altogether sends a message. But saying it to his face sends a more satisfying message.

As far as I know, the judge simply ignored the deadline. Not sure if that's the end of the story or not. I hope not. Ignoring him altogether sends a message. But saying it to his face sends a more satisfying message.
FederaL judge told Clark he needs to surrender to Fulton county.

Republicans just weeks ago: "why did it take you two years to bring these cases??"
Republicans today: "why are you rushing these cases??"

BTW, sounds like the DA's office just asked for this trial to start in October, highly ambitious according to any of the coverage.

BTW, sounds like the DA's office just asked for this trial to start in October, highly ambitious according to any of the coverage.

This October? Like, 4-6 weeks from now? That would be outstanding! With the writers strike going on, I'll need something to fill the holes in my entertainment schedule.

This October? Like, 4-6 weeks from now? That would be outstanding! With the writers strike going on, I'll need something to fill the holes in my entertainment schedule.
Yes, one of the defendants asked for a speedy trial and it sounds like the DA took the opportunity to attempt to bring the entire case in October. Seems unlikely that will happen for all though.

Yes, one of the defendants asked for a speedy trial and it sounds like the DA took the opportunity to attempt to bring the entire case in October. Seems unlikely that will happen for all though.

I saw that he had requested a speedy trial, but hadn't heard that she's up for it. As you said, all the other reporting was that this might be hard to schedule. Even that story points out how unlikely it is. But it would be awesome if it happened.

I saw that he had requested a speedy trial, but hadn't heard that she's up for it. As you said, all the other reporting was that this might be hard to schedule. Even that story points out how unlikely it is. But it would be awesome if it happened.
Seems like a bluff on the defendant’s part. Anyone think KC will change his mind and need more time?

Back